Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Teaser for a new Mansion coming soon (Read 31535 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: JtS > Teaser for a new Mansion coming soon
Reply #30 - 16.06.2008 at 00:02:09

Finished with $15,575, 4 lives, in 49:18 but only got 89% secrets.
I love this mansion, it's really fun, challenging, and a great design.

Thanks!
Cool

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #31 - 16.06.2008 at 02:19:41

Hi Surcouf -

I found a possible JS or maybe my ineptitude! In room 16092 I pulled the lever to open the wall on the top level. Then I pulled the lever that could have isolated the bird, but it didn't and I didn't duck fast enough and died. I 'reappeared' at the top of the vine and when I got back to the top level of the room, could not reopen the wall so had nowhere to go.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #32 - 16.06.2008 at 02:39:41

Okay it was my second time through this fabulous and much-needed mansion (even with lots to do work-wise and looking for a new flat, I was getting bored Huh generally), but I finished with:

5 Jacks
16,600 points
100% of the secrets  Grin
in 44:18

Sarcouf - good work - another please! Roll Eyes

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #33 - 17.06.2008 at 01:24:16

Hello everybody
Hi sherryl199,

I found a possible JS or maybe my ineptitude! In room 16092 I pulled the lever to open the wall on the top level. Then I pulled the lever that could have isolated the bird, but it didn't and I didn't duck fast enough and died. I 'reappeared' at the top of the vine and when I got back to the top level of the room, could not reopen the wall so had nowhere to go.

You are totally right. My mistake for the parameters of those levels Undecided I checked a wrong box, and for that what can I do?
Do I post a new release of JS here, or do I send it to the Admin...
I apologize, and for you to excuse me, I send here an excerpt (2 rooms) of a Mansion that I am "working" on.

By the way, thank you all for your gentle comments about JS. I couldn't imagine how much time it takes for designing a Mansion!
Greetings from France,
Surcouf

I do not wish to add a signature to my messages!..

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #34 - 17.06.2008 at 02:30:04

Surcouf wrote on 17.06.2008 at 01:24:16:
Hello everybody
Hi sherryl199,

You are totally right. My mistake for the parameters of those levels Undecided I checked a wrong box, and for that what can I do?
Do I post a new release of JS here, or do I send it to the Admin...

You send it to the admins so we can replace the old version.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #35 - 17.06.2008 at 02:30:51

All I can say about this mansion is, "WOW". Luckily I finished with only 84% of the secrets so I "have" to play it again! Thank you, Surcouf.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #36 - 17.06.2008 at 03:37:01

WOW - can't wait for the next one!  Lost all my Jacks trying to get that red key... will take more and more practice, I guess!

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #37 - 17.06.2008 at 05:11:15

Hi hi!... Wink
I've got plenty of that sort in reserve... But the problem I have is this one: I focus on designing "one room-one problem" Mansions, although I think the best way to serve the game is to imagine "routes" and ways through rooms. I try to, anyway..Thanks!
Surcouf

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Pacific NW Washington State
Reply #38 - 17.06.2008 at 11:56:28

I finally conquered the rock that brick level and it is very clever. However I am completely stuck at the level after that with the belts to the ceiling and zapper beams. There must be a trick as no way can I jump up quick.

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #39 - 17.06.2008 at 14:09:14

Hi iRock,

the only tricks on this one are:
1-to synchonize your jumps through the fish jump and the electric arcs.
2-to jump from the very end of the belts cause they are turning reverse under you (the main difficulty).
Remember: you always safe on the right belts (not on the left ones, cause these are crossed by beams).Other: the best moment for up-left then up-right bouncing is immediately after a flash and a fish jump just finished together. You have time then.

For sequencing the first ascent in this room:
First when you enter the room go directly onto the first left lower belt, at once. Stay there (reverse-running) waiting for one fish jump is finished. When the fish has passed down back to lava, you have time for jumping up-left then up-right, and being positioned on the belt above.
Next step (you are on the 3rd belt) wait for 2 fish jumps, and make the same left-right jumps.
You are on the 5th belt. Same one than above (2 jumps to wait).
On the 7th belt you are not concerned by fish nor zapper beam. But wait for white beam being marerialized!...

Hope this helps!
Greetings
S.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print