Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Dr Tronic's zoo (Read 30215 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Dr Tronic's zoo
Reply #20 - 30.12.2014 at 13:42:34

Hi Josephine,

I waited and waited & then gave up expecting a reply, bcos not to many players
have the Mavericks platform.  I deleted everything to do with MM, thanks to
Easy Find.  And re-installed it.  Now I have to play all the section 1 & 2 games
in order for the Custom Mansion access.   Sad
On the upside, perhaps with the Mavericks installation, this was necessary. 

In Mavericks, the House/Home folder, DOES NOT have Libraries visible.  Apple hid it bcos people were deleting major files that needed to be in the Mac system.  That means that "saved" MM HD games cannot be accessed from
the MM main page bcos the Finder window that pops up within the MM game, does not show the saved games bcos we can't see the Libraries folder and the Go
to Folder is not accessible in that MM HD Finder window. That's why I made a short cut showing the Downloads in the side bar.

Anyway, I will save your reply and wait until I finish all the mansions in order to
activate the Custom Mansions and I will try to play DTZ again to see if it does "save" this time.   If not, then I give up and will have to play it using "Extra Lives" cheats.

To answer one of your questions.  No, the Finder/Hard Drive/Users/my name/
Application Support....... has NOTHING in it, not even other MM stuff.  Nothing!

With Mavericks, MM is no longer stored in the Applications Folder either. 
And the MM HD appears in the down loads folder with the zip file.  Yep, in Mavericks, everything is stored in different places.  I'm delaying installing their new free Yosemite platform bcos of all the bugs that come with the newest platforms.

I will let you know if Dr. Tronic's Zoo continues to give me problems when I can finally download the game.  It may take me a week or so. 

Bless you for being there for me and trying to help.  I really appreciate it.
I wish for you that the Universe grants you your heart desires for the New Year and beyond that.  Happy New Year!    Smiley
« Last Edit: 31.12.2014 at 18:33:24 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #21 - 30.12.2014 at 14:58:23

Quote:
...Whether Hard Drive or User (house)Name, both these areas DO NOT have libraries visible..

Well hmph. If you're comfortable using Terminal it's possible to show/search hidden files. I don't want to try to walk you through that since I haven't done it in Mavericks, but there's plenty of info out there on how.

Also, Mavericks does something called "sandboxing" (basically, some applications aren't automatically available to all user accounts/other applications) and I have no idea what-so-ever if this is the case here. But AFAIK Apple now requires anything sold through the App Store to sandbox. (This is Apple's fault, not MM!) Either way it looks like Mavericks structures/hides things differently, especially if you download in one user account and try to use it in another. (Again, just speculation here.) Did you download from the App Store or from the MM website?

Quote:
I wish for you that the Universe grants you your heart desires for the New Year and beyond that.  Happy New Year!   Smiley

Thanks! Happy New Year  Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #22 - 30.12.2014 at 18:14:13

Missy, I didn't know that the MM HD at ActionSoft's site acts like it does.  I downloaded it and unzipped it and it didn't give me the Game Data subfolder so I do not know where the built-in mansin data is stored.

I have had the same MM layout since Snow Leopard through Mountain Lion through Mavericks through Yosemite so this has nothing to do with the system - BUT - Mavericks has the annoying habit of hiding your library folder.  Your problem may lie in the ActionSoft folder within the Application Support folder within your Library folder.  Here are three way to access your Library folder.  The first two are easy and temporary but the third one is permanent and more complicated as it includes using the Terminal application:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

If you open your library folder then check the /Application Support/ActionSoft/Midnight Mansion folder.  All your saved games should be there within the Saved games subfolder.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #23 - 31.12.2014 at 08:26:14

josephine wrote on 30.12.2014 at 14:58:23:
Well hmph. If you're comfortable using Terminal it's possible to show/search hidden files. 

Me??? ...... No way am I even remotely going to mess around in the taboo Terminal.
lololol. 

Let me explain the House/Home Library folder further.  Since it's hidden, Apple Care does give the info on how to find it, which boggles the mind that they hid it in the first place.

You have to open the Finder window, select House/Home, then you have go to the top and click on "GO", then when the pop up appears, click "Go to Folder" then enter "~/Library" ...... see pics provided. 

« Last Edit: 31.12.2014 at 18:37:08 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #24 - 31.12.2014 at 09:01:48

brell wrote on 30.12.2014 at 18:14:13:
Missy, I didn't know that the MM HD at ActionSoft's site acts like it does.  I downloaded it and unzipped it and it didn't give me the Game Data subfolder so I do not know where the built-in mansin data is stored. 

Hi Brell, I used my "Easy Find" software program (which is Free and the best at finding everything on your Mac & it offers view in Finder and delete) to locate the "Game Data subfolder" and all I could find was something called "Suspended Game Data, (located in House/Library/Application Support/ActionSoft/MM/Suspended Game Data/Missy and when I clicked on it, to the right appears my game name "Missy" and when I click on Missy, nothing is to the right of it at all.  Hmm?

Brell, Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this issue.  I will also let you know, once I re-play all the MM games to access the Custom Mansion folder, if the CM Dr Tronic's Zoo is saving okay.

I wish you the highest and best of your hearts desires for this coming New Year
and every year after that.  Happy New Year!  Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #25 - 31.12.2014 at 09:17:20

brell wrote on 30.12.2014 at 18:14:13:
Missy,
If you open your library folder then check the /Application Support/ActionSoft/Midnight Mansion folder.  All your saved games should be there within the Saved games subfolder.

Hi Brell, that is such a long way to access the saved games so I just dragged the
Saved Games name from there and dragged it to the side bar of the Finder window.
It's just a short cut, but all the saved games are in their original place.

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #26 - 31.12.2014 at 15:55:41

Missy, if all your save games are in the right folder I'm afraid I cannot help you anymore on your DTZ saved games.  Sorry.

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #27 - 31.12.2014 at 16:31:47

Quote:
Let me explain the House/Home Library folder further...

Missy- thanks for posting those pics and explaining it. Will keep that in mind when I update the OS. Post when you get to DTZ again and let us know if it saves properly this time.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #28 - 31.12.2014 at 18:43:57

josephine wrote on 31.12.2014 at 16:31:47:
Missy- thanks for posting those pics and explaining it. Will keep that in mind when I update the OS. Post when you get to DTZ again and let us know if it saves properly this time.

As Brell mentions in his post above, the hidden "Library" folder is only a Mavericks thing, I believe it's not an issue in the newer upgrade Yosemite, for now, you'd have to ask Brell about Yosemite. 

Gosh, all these new names and upgrades, it's so hard to keep track of them all, especially if something goes wrong with the Mac and we need to re-install the entire system again, it will take days I think.  I shudder to think about it.  Perhaps it would be easier to just buy a brand new Mac.  lololol

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #29 - 31.12.2014 at 21:39:51

Missy (and all of you):  If you upgrade to yosemite I recommend a clean install.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print