Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
UNDERGROUND FORTRESS released !! (Read 41189 times)
Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Re: UNDERGROUND FORTRESS released !!
Reply #30 - 18.08.2008 at 05:02:28

I've done it about five times and have all the keys.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #31 - 18.08.2008 at 22:52:13

Please see the PM I have sent you.

Thanks.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #32 - 21.08.2008 at 04:25:47

Bloody heck!

I've sorted out one problem, and now I've got another. I've got nowhere to go in room 15898! Gah!

I. WILL. PREVAIL.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #33 - 08.09.2008 at 04:33:58

I've finished but only with 85% secrets. Rubbish!

This mansion rocks, it has so many hidden gems!  Cheesy

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #34 - 22.09.2008 at 06:59:59

I'm trying to get out of Rm. 15700 in UF.  I've been playing this mansion for some time and enjoying it tremendously.  But,  I'll get stuck somewhere and go off to play other mansions. This time I'm determined to finish.  Can anyone give me a hint?  I have been down in the secret area under the Fortress and have one blue key and three green ones and nowhere to go. Smiley Smiley

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #35 - 22.09.2008 at 21:50:25

Hi Jackie,

thanks for playing (and liking) Underground Fortress !!

I suspect I know what your problem is:
You say you're "stuck" in room 15700, but you have already been to the
secret underground area

....and now you're back in 15700 with all those keys and nowhere to go?

Well, that's not entirely true.....          
Attention, SPOILER:

Apparently you
did not explore the underground section thoroughly enough....otherwise you wouldn't have all those green keys left !

Go back down....

aquaMat

IP Logged

Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
Room 15298
Reply #36 - 13.10.2008 at 08:36:10

Great mansion! But is this a JS?

Picture_3_001.jpg (322 KB | )
Picture_3_001.jpg

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #37 - 13.10.2008 at 22:46:39

Oops, how did you get there ??  It shouldn't be possible anymore....

In the very early versions it was possible to get there through one certain risky jump, but it's not possible anymore since the official version 1.0.

However, there is a small, secret door that is meant to let out the scorpion from that section..... normally this door closes as soon as Jack steps over a hidden switch in the 1st column.

Normally the door is too small anyway to let Jack thru....but you probably were lucky enough on two accounts:

1. You didn't activate the secret switch to close the hidden door.... probably you jumped over it
2.  You managed to angle a jump in that last column in such a fashion that you got through or over that small scorpion-door.
My guess is that this is another case of the MM-bug that allows Jack to jump OVER doors, even if there are solid layer-4 blocks on top of them.

Now you landed there....
I never managed to do so during testing (of the improved version).
But I'm afraid you're stuck now.

I might be able to do something about it in the next update, though I can't promise it.

IP Logged

Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
Reply #38 - 14.10.2008 at 08:31:22

Aw geeze! Oh well, guess I have to go back to my last save. But just FYI (in case you want to address this in a future edition) - I did step on the hidden switch in the first column. I was on the last moving brick, thinking that I was stuck because I was unable to go anywhere for quite awhile. So I just kept jumping and jumping. I was actually thinking that it was one of those jumps where you just go up to the top level. Anyway....poof....abracadabra....or...whatever...there I got and I guess there I will stay. Sigh.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Am enjoying the mansion very much1

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #39 - 15.10.2008 at 01:54:49

Last night I tried a few things and found a great way to include an "emergency escape route" for those players that end up where you are now, without altering the room design.

I'm proud of that.....and it'll be in the next UD. Maybe I'll even release an update soon.

BTW: Yes, the secret switch activates/closes both - the little scorpion door and the grey door in front of the blue door (=entrance to the column-area).**
When this happens the unsuspecting player might get the impression that he is "trapped" inside this "columns & elevators - area".....  but as you said, there is a simple way out there
(via jumping from the first row / elevator back to the top level)
(<SPOILER !)

** Since this front grey door is open in your above picture I assumed  the little scorpion door must be open too !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print