Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SandyBean's horse rescue (Read 8667 times)
josephine
Adventurer

California
SandyBean's horse rescue
30.07.2008 at 09:50:09

Hi SandyBean! What sort of horse rescue do you do? A friend of mine started this place: http://wildhorserescue.org/ ; I'm a total animal lover, just rescued a cat from death row (he's the best kitty!) I would have a bunch of dogs too if I had a big yard   Smiley

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: SandyBean's horse rescue
Reply #1 - 31.07.2008 at 02:43:18

Hi Josephine,

I checked out the website of the horse rescue your friend started in California, and it looks like a
Fantastic place
.  Tonnes of horses, really organized, and they are doing such wonderful work on such a large scale!!!

I have been volunteering for 6 years now at a local horse rescue, here in Abbotsford, BC, Canada;

www.circlef.ca

It's great fun, lots of work, and I have learned a tremendous amount from all the different horses that we have helped find new homes for.  I do lead two groups at the rescue; the Horse Team and the Conditioning Team, so I am responsible for what horses come in and which homes they go to, and also take care of training and exercising our horses while they are with us.  

Often we get Standardbred Pacers from the Harness racing track, and I have the great job of training them under saddle.  All the horses at Circle F Horse Rescue have taught me so much, and I am continuing to discover new things every time I interact with them.  It is a dream come true to be with them as often as I can.   Roll Eyes

Animals are my life, and I can't imagine life without them.  At home on our little 5 acre property, we have three dogs, two cats, four doves (all rescues), and 39 chickens for eggs (which I sell locally).  I could have horses too, but prefer to give my time to those horses at the rescue that really need extra TLC.  I am also lucky enough to have a neighbour that adopted one of the Standardbred mares that I had started under saddle at the rescue, and now ride her out on the trails here about twice a week with other local horse owners.  It is a wonderful life!   Cheesy

It's really great to hear you rescued your kitty, I bet he just loves you so much, now that he has a good home and lot's of care and attention.  Almost all of my animals over the last 25 years have been rescued strays or from the SPCA.  They make the best family members ever!  Smiley

I would love to see a pic of your little kitty boy!

Well, now that I have chatted your 'eyes' off, thanks for the interest and question, and take care, Smiley

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #2 - 31.07.2008 at 11:30:56

Oooh, I feel badly that I am about to abet an OT thread but thought you might both enjoy this video on youtube of horses being rescued in the the Netherlands, if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8iSYMkFO2A&feature=related

It's lovely, but moving - have tissues ready.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #3 - 31.07.2008 at 23:22:08

Thanks, Scout, I have watched that particular YouTube video once before, and it was spellbinding, so it was great to see it again.  Talk about brave women willing to risk their lives and their horses' lives! Shocked

take care,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 31.07.2008 at 23:34:53

I admire anyone who does animal rescue SO much! You are a blessing.
Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #5 - 10.08.2008 at 02:00:13

Hello All,

I came across this youtube "Quantum Touch" healing on horses.  Thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9i0fvf-D0

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #6 - 12.08.2008 at 15:25:28

Scout- thanks for posting, that was beautiful {sniffle}

Missy- the news had a report today about a horse massage therapist (on the US East coast?) who shut down over the threat of lawsuits. The state wants to require licensing, as with humans.

SandyBean- your life on the farm sounds soooo nice! I miss the green countryside (there isn't much of it in southern California, unbuilt land here is mostly desert.) That's really great that you choose to volunteer and help lots of horses when you could just have your own and help only a few. I don't know a lot about horse racing, but I'm guessing it's like any other animal "sport" where the unprofitable animals are simply disposed of. (One of my coworkers rescued a "retired" greyhound, and told me a little about it   Cry   )

Wild Horse Rescue is one of those "follow your bliss" stories. My friend hated her administration job and got this "crazy" idea of having a horse rescue. She saved enough money to buy a small amount of land, got nonprofit status, and now they survive on volunteers, donations and adoption fees. The US Bureau of Land Management would gladly shoot all the mustangs and sell the land, but slowly WRH has been able to expand and save more horses.

Now, about my cat Thor. He wasn't presenting himself well at the shelter and NOBODY was paying attention to him (supposedly black animals are the least adopted.) He looked so sad and depressed I just had to get him out of there, so after he proved to not be aggressive or feral we came home (he was already neutered and, sadly, declawed.) It took him a few days to relax but he's turned out to be a big furball of love! He's 18lbs (8kg) but completely harmless- he's never even hissed at my other cat, just wants to be friends. My other cat hasn't warmed up to him yet, but we had nose-sniffing this week so she's getting there. I'll get some pics onto flickr so you can see him. In the mean time, he looks sort of like this but with shorter fur. And more cat-like  Cheesy  www.wildvisions.co.uk/Mammals/black-wolf-portrait-4.htm

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #7 - 01.10.2008 at 08:42:03

Hi SandyBean and all animal lovers, check this out- Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue is nominated for Animal Planet's Hero of the Year award. If they win the sanctuary gets $10,000!

To vote go to:

http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/poll/poll.html

Jill Starr is the owner of Lifesavers, but vote for whoever you feel is most worthy.

To learn more about the sanctuary go to:

http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/2008/nominees/jill-star...

or:

www.wildhorserescue.org

Thanks!

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #8 - 02.10.2008 at 01:51:52

Hi Josephine,

Just saw your August post, and looked at the picture of your cat, Thor, my HE IS BIG, And Very Furry, and what a long nose he has !!!!  (ah, the better to sniff you with!)  Too Cute;  Grin

Hope to see his more recent images soon !

I did go on the Animal Planet to vote !  Great program, each of those rescues could use the $10,000 bonus, they are all great.  Thanks for sharing it and allowing me to help in a small way.  Your girlfriend is amazing, and blessed are the horses who found their way to her.

take care, hugs to Thor !  Smiley

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #9 - 05.10.2008 at 16:54:51

SandyBean wrote on 02.10.2008 at 01:51:52:
...  the better to sniff you with!

The better to find the food with, you mean!  Grin 

I didn't get around to transferring my yahoo pics to flickr before they went down so I need to rebuild my photo albums. Doh! Got a pic of Thor in the temporary cardboard carrier (which I kept because he likes to sleep in it sometimes. Cats and boxes, what's up with that??) and when he lays down he spreads out and fills the carrier like a bread pan. It's pretty funny. My other cat is still nervous around him, but I'm trying to get them to eat in the same room at the same time. Unfortunately having them use the same litter box is probably months away.

Anyway, thanks for voting! It's so hard, I wish they all could get truckloads of money. But hopefully the exposure will help out all rescues. Thanks again   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print