Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Released (Read 38758 times)
sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Re: Released
Reply #10 - 22.08.2008 at 02:59:20

This is the 'coup de grace' for jumping skills. Fantastic! (been watching fencing at the Olympics!)

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #11 - 22.08.2008 at 20:30:06

Thanks, Sheryl !

That's the reason why I chose to simply name it JUMP! instead of the more descriptive names I normally use.....

The name might not be as imaginative as - say - Discotheque Of Doom, but it pretty much sums up what the mansion is about.

However, in the last third of the mansion the "jumping theme" takes somewhat of a backseat....to avoid becoming boring, and there are some reminisces of "Underground Fortress" and "The Four Tubes" to keep up the player's interest!

I'm glad most players seem to like this mansion, even if it's occasionally on the very hard side....   Wink   Cool

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #12 - 22.08.2008 at 23:33:05

Hi AquaMat,

I played Jump again, from scratch.  The very 1st jump is still a killer.  Real tough to master.  This time I got even less secrets (60%), as I gave up trying to go down torturous column at the very bottom.  Even if I did.....I still can't figure out where the other secrets are.  I get so caught up trying to make the jumps...I forget to look I guess.  I guess I'll have to play it all over again.....God Help Me!  lolololol

This is one game you can't get bored of!  My heart is still racing.  Can't seem to get that adrenalin in check while playing,  Very intense game.  LOVE IT, THANK YOU!

Missy

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #13 - 23.08.2008 at 13:09:42

Hi everybody!

Wow! What a hard Mansion! (and you say that some of my rooms are hard!!! Grin)
Very exciting as well, thank you AquaMat, and "bravo"!
Terribly sorry to "put a cloud" on it, but isn't there a JS in 16296?...
(see Jack's feet on top- right of the attached picture, I came here with the pink mov.-platform).
Surcouf.

Image_1.jpg (133 KB | )
Image_1.jpg

I do not wish to add a signature to my messages!..

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #14 - 23.08.2008 at 14:29:54

Wow! I tried that but stayed on the platform. Why did you jump there???? You should have died in the lava! At least you should be able to and reappear where you entered the room.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #15 - 23.08.2008 at 18:14:54

Yeah, what Rose said is exactly what I feel...and how I intended it to be.

For those players "stupid" enough  Wink (or of such an "over-exploring mood") to jump up there, I thought the lava was enough to let 'em die....and be reborn on "safe ground".

How on earth did you manage to end up there alive ??   Undecided   Shocked

I'm not sure if that really "qualifies" as a JS..... ?!

LATER:  I just re-checked my design of that room. I know now how you managed to end there alive. On purpose I had designed the rightmost tile (unit) of the upper lava (right above the moving platform) in Layer 5, as opposed to Layer 4 where the rest of the lava is.

The reason for this was, that I wanted to avoid that players who take the platform up would get killed simply because the top of Jack's head touches the Layer 4-lava.
(If lava is placed in Layer 5 it is not lethal).

Since all other tiles are Layer 4 normally a player who jumps up there almost always gets killed (as Jack is "wider" than 1 tile), so this should be enough. It was a design compromise (a rather clever one I might add  Wink) that I had to make.

But somehow you managed to really land in that one tile of lava that is not lethal.....BUT: even the tiniest move you'll make would result in death.....

And therefore I rather leave that like it is.
But thanks for telling me !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #16 - 23.08.2008 at 19:05:41

Actually, there are 2 JS in one... There is more good reason to get there (image 2) but stuck as well.. IMHO, easy to fix. The mov.-platform need to be stopped raising at the level of the floor where money is, and this square brick which I am standing on has to be removed.
S.

Image_2.jpg (131 KB | )
Image_2.jpg

I do not wish to add a signature to my messages!..

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #17 - 23.08.2008 at 21:44:51

I take the freedom to plead in general (so not only about
JUMP!
, which is a nice mansion btw) to avoid Jack-stucks, Half Jack-stucks and Cheap-deaths. Independant from the question if it is easy or difficult to repair. And also independant from the obvious-typical question: why did Jack go there.

As designers I truelly believe that we need to be on the alert for this type of mistakes, because they are very very very annoying for any player that encounters them. When a player is in a rarely good shape Wink, it is  Huh and Roll Eyes and also  Angry and  Cry when you have to offer a Jack-life by suicide or even worse to quit the game. Smiley

Speaking for my self, I always felt ashamed when I created such error, but meanwhile liked to thank any reporter of my bugs and enjoyed the challenge to correct my mistake in a way as neat as possible.
« Last Edit: 23.08.2008 at 22:59:34 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #18 - 23.08.2008 at 21:58:04

I must say that I second Freddy's opinion.  However, in the end it is always the designer's call.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Jump
Reply #19 - 24.08.2008 at 08:39:53

Is the jump in 16298 really possible? It seems like I don't even come close.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print