Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Released (Read 38570 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Released
Reply #20 - 24.08.2008 at 08:54:34

Hi nancygevans

Read below......maybe it will help you.

Semi-Native wrote on 18.08.2008 at 03:51:02:
Missy, the way I do it (and I just mastered this recently) is I use the 7 and 9 on the NUM pad on the right side of the keyboard. For example, if jumping left, I hit the 7 just a fraction of a second before i hit the space bar. Usually works very well.

Good luck.7

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #21 - 24.08.2008 at 21:32:48

@ Freddy and brell:

Usually I am absolutely of the same opinion as you two, regarding JS's (and I'm usually very thankful if they're reported)....and I guess you know that.

In this very case, however, I really have problems counting this as a real JS (at least the first one reported, with the lava, for the obvious reasons I explained above).
More about that below.

The second one mentioned above by Surcouf is new to me....and is indeed a Jack-stuck of the evil kind.
This one is easy to repair and I will do so later today. It will be fixed in the next UD.  (Thanks for reporting it, Surcouf).

Now to the lava situation:

@Surcouf
and everybody else:

Unfortunately what you say is not true:  that first "JS" can not be easily "repaired" by making the platform stop at the lower height you indicate.

Why not ?
Because the platform is hidden "inside" the rightmost red square block BEFORE it is activated.....(so as to not immediately give away that there is a platform at all and secondly, for design reasons).

Therefore it is NOT possible to insert a "STOP block" lower in its path, because that would mean the platform wouldn't go down all the way in the first place !

If you are really so keen on seeing this fixed, the only thing I can offer is to make the last unit of the lava into Layer-4 instead of Layer-5 (see my post above).
BUT: This will have the downside that almost every player will lose a life there if he doesn't take care and jumps very early, due to Jack's head coming into contact with Layer-4 lava.
I think this is an unacceptable disadvantage, especially as it will look rather strange....for if it happens it will look like Jack drowning in lava in mid-air (as the "drowning in lava-animation" will appear lower than were the lava really is).

Please, I can only reason with you..... this will eventually lead to more unwanted deaths as the 1 percent or so of players who accidentially end up there "stuck"...plus...it'll look ridiculous !

See Pic below:

Lava-Problem.jpg (174 KB | )
Lava-Problem.jpg

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Jump
Reply #22 - 25.08.2008 at 00:17:46

Thanks Missy, I've been using that but I guess my technique needs work! BTW, are the purple key and coins at the top of 16298 supposed to be accessible from that room?

Thanks everyone!
Nancy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #23 - 25.08.2008 at 00:20:43

A few hours later:

Dear friends.....

I found a solution that eliminates the pseudo-JS (lava), without the downside of the "top-of-the-head-in-lava-death", and still doesn't mess with my room-design !!!
In fact the room will look exactly like it did before.....  Cool
(Of course the 2nd JS (red block) is also taken care of !!).

I'm really proud of that.....because now all sides will be satisfied !  

I'm sending the UD to the admins a.s.a.p.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Jump
Reply #24 - 25.08.2008 at 00:24:17

nancygevans wrote on 25.08.2008 at 00:17:46:
Thanks Missy, I've been using that but I guess my technique needs work! BTW, are the purple key and coins at the top of 16298 supposed to be accessible from that room?

Thanks everyone!
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

yes....both the coins and the key will be accessible from within this room when you do all "steps" correctly.

I'm sure you'll soon find out.....   Wink   Cool   Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #25 - 25.08.2008 at 01:43:33

aquaMat wrote on 25.08.2008 at 00:20:43:
... I found a solution that eliminates the pseudo-JS (lava), without the downside of the "top-of-the-head-in-lava-death", and still doesn't mess with my room-design !!!
In fact the room will look exactly like it did before.....  Cool ...

That is exactly what I meant. The challenge to correct things in a superb way. Thx for figuring this out! Smiley

Release of the update will be for tomorrow.

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Jump
Reply #26 - 25.08.2008 at 02:31:41

OK I need a hint. Is the first step to jump the big gap? If so, I'm in trouble. I inch out as far as I can and jump with the 7 key and the jump key but I don't ever make it. I'm frustrated!

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #27 - 25.08.2008 at 02:36:14

what room number are you in?  click command + D for room number when you are in a room if you want someone to help. 

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #28 - 25.08.2008 at 02:37:47

Nancy!

Are jumping to the right or the left?
Use 9 key when jumping to the right! no use to use any other jump key at the same time.

It is a very, very difficult jump!!!!

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Jump
Reply #29 - 25.08.2008 at 02:49:11

I'm in room 16298. But I've figured that the jump is down below, not up above, correct?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print