Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jack stucks, cheap deaths (Read 12443 times)
josephine
Adventurer

California
Jack stucks, cheap deaths
31.08.2008 at 14:44:21

Hi Olle- fun mansion, thank you! The "octopus" was my favorite part.  Smiley

I found two Jack stucks: 14496 (if Jack goes to where the bird was he cannot get out), and 15892 (got stuck in lower left corner when the silver brick was activated, with no way to get to the upper floor.)

There were two cheap deaths: 16099 and 16299, Jacks hits a spider and a bird immediately when entering the room on the ladder.

I am eagerly looking forward to the rest of The Octopus!   Smiley

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Re: Jack stucks, cheap deaths
Reply #1 - 31.08.2008 at 20:33:51

josephine wrote on 31.08.2008 at 14:44:21:
Hi Olle- fun mansion, thank you! The "octopus" was my favorite part.  Smiley

I found two Jack stucks: 14496 (if Jack goes to where the bird was he cannot get out), and 15892 (got stuck in lower left corner when the silver brick was activated, with no way to get to the upper floor.)

There were two cheap deaths: 16099 and 16299, Jacks hits a spider and a bird immediately when entering the room on the ladder.

I am eagerly looking forward to the rest of The Octopus!   Smiley

Thanx for liking it (if one can thank anyone for that? Smiley

14496 - how on earth did you get up there without having the door opened? I sure cannot Smiley
15892 - how on earth did you get in to the blue section when the silver blocks were activated? You cannot get in through 15098 if there's silver, and the only place you change to gold is in 15892, but you cannot die after having switched to gold?

Fixed the cd:s though, but I don't know what to do about the JS... please give me more information on how you got there...

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #2 - 01.09.2008 at 11:16:10

In 14496 I jumped up after the door opened and the bird was eaten by the spider, but there is a green brick on the ceiling that stopped me from going back out.

In 15892 I don't know how I got down there  Tongue  Grin  I was wandering around lost with a blue key, looking for a blue door. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll try playing through that part to see if it happens again.

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #3 - 01.09.2008 at 14:06:40

josephine wrote on 01.09.2008 at 11:16:10:
In 14496 I jumped up after the door opened and the bird was eaten by the spider, but there is a green brick on the ceiling that stopped me from going back out.

I see, didn't think anyone would jump up there... I'll fix

Quote:
In 15892 I don't know how I got down there  Tongue  Grin  I was wandering around lost with a blue key, looking for a blue door. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll try playing through that part to see if it happens again.

Well I think you saw the blue door before you even went into the blue section... Still impossible for me to figure out how you got down there with silver turned on though... if you find the time [or if you have recorded the game] please tell me Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 02.09.2008 at 00:21:56

Olle the Greatest wrote on 01.09.2008 at 14:06:40:
Still impossible for me to figure out how you got down there with silver turned on though... if you find the time [or if you have recorded the game] please tell me Smiley

That happened to me once, too. In Room 15298, when Jack enters from the left, if he enters too fast he can fall down to the room below - the blue section - without dying.

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #5 - 02.09.2008 at 01:22:21

Hi -
Sorry for two threads question - didn't see this one initially. I had one more possible JS - when I dropped from 16303 to 16503, I died in 16503 from one of the 'evil' fish - I kept reincarnating where the skulls used to be, but, because I never left the room, there are no skulls and no way to jump on to the wall. BTW this is a terrific mansion - I can imagine what your mansions will be like in "normal" or "hard" versions - great fun!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #6 - 02.09.2008 at 01:48:02

indeed it was... changed the skulls to a "normal" reappearing brick...
and sent the update to freddy Cheesy luckily enough, I don't think he's checked his email for the previous two redundant updates Cheesy

Edited:
also made it impossible to fall down from brown to blue...

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Pacific NW Washington State
Reply #7 - 02.09.2008 at 02:32:34

I am really enjoying this mansion a lot. When I get to the 2nd save platform and head into the green section on the upper right, I can play all the way to the black room where I can see the lantern. (sorry forgot to note the room #) When I get just below the lantern I have no where I can jump without dying. Any tips on what to look for? Which way to go? I have lost up to 8 lives here with no solution. Thanks

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Pacific NW Washington State
Reply #8 - 02.09.2008 at 02:42:55

Never mind I figured it out! Yay me! Grin

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #9 - 02.09.2008 at 05:38:18

Coins
in the form of a
lever
is clever, but stuck are you if you miss this clue. Smiley yay you!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print