Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
JS in 15486 (Read 11371 times)
Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
JS in 15486
22.09.2008 at 03:13:01

Had to try out the new mansion Smiley A JS in 15486, jumping down in the box before pulling the lever, I can't get out... yes, it was stupid to go down there without pulling, but I did... [had to try it after freddy told me I did something similar in my octopus hard] Smiley
« Last Edit: 22.09.2008 at 14:18:00 by Olle the Greatest »  

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: JS in 15486
Reply #1 - 22.09.2008 at 21:56:54

I have tested Daedalus for Surcouf.

I had seen the possibility of this..... but since there's a creature in the first "box" Jack immediately dies, should a player really try to jump there without pulling the lever first.....and is then "reborn" on safe ground.
I presumed nobody would make this mistake twice....that's why I didn't count that as a full JS.

Maybe I was wrong ??    Undecided    Shocked

Richard ?

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #2 - 22.09.2008 at 22:03:05

aquaMat wrote on 22.09.2008 at 21:56:54:
I presumed nobody would make this mistake twice....that's why I didn't count that as a full JS.

You didn't expect Olle the Greatest Idiot  Grin of course I jumped down there twice, without pulling the lever  Cool Sure it's not a real JS, but I thought it was funny that I was being so stupid I just had to post it Cheesy

great mansion btw, couldn't stop playing 'til I had finished it...

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 22.09.2008 at 22:42:08

aquaMat wrote on 22.09.2008 at 21:56:54:
I have tested Daedalus for Surcouf.

I had seen the possibility of this..... but since there's a creature in the first "box" Jack immediately dies, should a player really try to jump there without pulling the lever first.....and is then "reborn" on safe ground.

Richard ?

I, Freddy and more people have said it before in a few threads, including building and testing advices:

Never ever assume anything about how a player plays a mansion.  A JS is a JS no matter how stupid it may look to the builder or tester.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #4 - 23.09.2008 at 20:41:31

Hello,

I must be stupid, because my Jack did get stuck in that first box, WITHOUT THE SKELETON TO KILL HIM.  Thank Goodness there is a save near by.

How, did I manage to do that.  Well, after Jack pulled the lever, he got killed by a skeleton falling on him as he ran for the vine.  After he came back to life at the far right, I hit the right arrow key for Jack to leave the room to reset the play.  The skeleton that killed Jack must have resided in the 1st box, for that box was empty when Jack landed in it.
IN ALL THE COMMOTION, JACK FORGOT TO GO BACK UP THE LADDER TO PULL THE LEVER AGAIN.....that is how Jack got stuck in the 1st box.

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 24.09.2008 at 18:05:08

brell wrote on 22.09.2008 at 22:42:08:
I, Freddy and more people have said it before in a few threads, including building and testing advices:

Never ever assume anything about how a player plays a mansion.  A JS is a JS no matter how stupid it may look to the builder or tester.

I knew that was coming....    Cheesy   Wink   Grin

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #6 - 01.10.2008 at 05:18:38

Hello everybody...
(Sorry for having been late to answer, but I was waiting to be notified, and I certainly forgot to check the box).

Mmh!.. That's a very special case!... Didn't imagine this could happen Huh

Do the admins (and you all) think that I have to change something in that room? If they do, I'll try to...
Surcouf

I do not wish to add a signature to my messages!..

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #7 - 01.10.2008 at 05:42:15

Personally, being one of the stupid ones who managed to get a JS this way, I don't think you have to change anything... but as the admins usually say, a JS has to be fixed, no matter how stupid...

Isn't there a save in the room next door? so it's not a big deal to restart...

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #8 - 01.10.2008 at 05:44:54

Hello Olle,

I am working on it, and think I am near the end for THE solution...
Thanks.
Surcouf.

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #9 - 01.10.2008 at 06:07:51

OK, that's it!
JS fixed on 15486! Smiley
I send it to Brell right now!

BTW, is Daedalus far from CM #100 ?

Surcouf

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print