Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My first custom mansion... (Read 15734 times)
leo
Wanderer

My first custom mansion...
25.09.2008 at 03:59:42

Hi everybody!

I just want to announce that I am working on my first custom mansion.

It will have some 200+ rooms and will be kind of old-school featuring pretty much everything from easy to suicide. The difference to other mansions will be that the total amount of gold you can get (500.000 $) is spread across a couple of big secret vault-areas. Problem: There wont be any hints as to where the secrets are. This means that if you do not find any secrets you will have to be careful because you will not get a lot of extra lives from the "legit" gold. On the other hand, as soon as you start finding secrets, dying wont be an issue anymore (We're talking serious extra-lives per vault here). This might sound boring, because the challenge of making it through the mansion alive will be gone after your got like 50 lives. But I never meant to build a mansion that actually kills Jack off. I like the little fella and I wouldn't want to see him dead  Wink. The challenge in my mansion will be to find as many of the secrets as possible without checking the preview pics in the level-editor.

The whole thing also has a story. It takes place in Paris in 1789 and Jack Malone is plundering the palace of an aristocrat who just fled from the city because of the revolution. The aristocrat (a marquis) is kind of making fun of Jack in the beginning (via signs) and gets whinier and whinier later as Jack finds more and more secrets.

Well, of course it all sounds a bit vague right now. I just want to let you know that there is a big new mansion in progress. As soon as I feel like this is actually going to be ready soon, I'll post a screenshot.

If anyone already thinks he or she would like to beta the whole thing, let me know!  Smiley

Cheers,
Leo

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: My first custom mansion...
Reply #1 - 25.09.2008 at 04:08:33

Hi Leo,

Cool, finally a mansion where we don't have to panic that there aren't enough lives for Jack.

I would love to beta test the mansion for you.....perhaps, as you create the rooms?  Or when it's completely finished.

Missy

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #2 - 25.09.2008 at 14:17:41

Hi Missy!

Thanks for volunteering! I'll let you know when the mansion is finished and then you can test it. I don't want to give it away while it is not complete. I hope you understand.

BTW: You might still die if you don't find the secrets...  Wink

Ciao, Leo

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #3 - 26.09.2008 at 20:51:23

Hi everybody! I am still working on the mansion. I am testing it myself right now to correct some minor glitches. To keep you interested (I hope) here is a little screen-shot of the starting area.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 26.09.2008 at 21:00:30

Beautiful! Looking forward to it.
Cool

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 27.09.2008 at 00:10:12

SmileyLovely palace! SmileyI cant wait!

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #6 - 27.09.2008 at 01:10:54

Hi Leo,

Wow !!!   What a screenshot!  It looks simply fantabulous, and such detail and design elements to come together as a beautiful French Palace;
"Pompomrouge"

For a first mansion, it appears to already be a masterpiece in the lay out !  Can't wait to get inside the palace, and feel like a Queen, with Jack as my Prince, hunting for those treasure vaults!

Smiley

Thanks for the preview,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #7 - 27.09.2008 at 01:18:14

Hee, Hee Sandy Bean....you are sooo cute!

Yes indeed, the castle looks like a French Palace.  

I can't wait to do the beta testing!   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 27.09.2008 at 01:54:27

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys!

I just found out that if you play this mansion, you might want to pay attention whenever your lives go from 99 to 00, which might happen up to five times during the game. The problem is that the money is not concentrated at the very end of the game (although the real dough only starts to come in after you're halfway through), so you might find yourself coming out of a big-bucks-treasure vault and into an area rich with monsters and suddenly realize that you only have one or two lives. Yikes!

Well, thanks again for all your kind words. I am going to finish my beta-testing, remove all the glitches, do the fine-tuning for the design and then the whole thing is up for beta-ing!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #9 - 27.09.2008 at 06:53:00

This looks beautiful Leo - looking forward to it! Cheesy

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print