Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Praise for Pompomrouge (Read 11619 times)
sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Praise for Pompomrouge
24.10.2008 at 04:39:11

I know it's been said before, but this is one amazing mansion. Definitely the cause of red eyes in the morning. Thank you, Leo, for so much fun and frustration (add one cheesy smile!)!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Re: Praise for Pompomrouge
Reply #1 - 24.10.2008 at 04:56:14

I am at save point three! Got to puzzle 9 too! I need more practice but also need to pack for a weekend away! Cheesy

x

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #2 - 24.10.2008 at 05:56:26

Thanks Sherryl!
I'm glad you liked the mansion. Sequel's under heavy construction.

Lara, after safe point three (or was it four?) big bucks await (if you find the secrets) and losing a Jack wont hurt that much anymore.

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #3 - 24.10.2008 at 16:27:55

also, it's getting harder to lose him after that...

Actually, I would like to suggest a little bit of reconfiguration in upcoming mansions... but perhaps that's just me Smiley

It's challenging and fun to play when you have some monsters and some money, but it can get a little... monotonous, when you spend 20 minutes just walking around collecting backpack after backpack gaining life after life... no challenge, no difficulty, just backpacks...

So, less money and more monsters, or that the money is harder to get anyway.

Note that I really like this mansion anyway, both design and difficulty ['til the 7th save or so...]

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #4 - 25.10.2008 at 05:37:28

I hear you loud and clear Olle, and I thought that this point might be brought up sooner or later.

What I thought I'd do was give the player just the usual reward distributed across a couple of secret rooms. After the temple area there really isn't any challenge anymore, so you can think of all the shizillions of backpacks you find within and after the temple as one huge vault. Of course it becomes kind of monotonous to run around and just get richer and richer. But I wanted to experiment with a couple of ways to arrange backpacks, goldbags and coins, which is why I came up with all these stupid little secrets.

For my next mansion (Jacques' Revenge) I'll try to concentrate the main treasure at the very end of the game and keep the running to a minimum and throw more beasties at the player on the way there.

I'll just have to see if it actually is going to work out  Grin

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #5 - 26.10.2008 at 11:09:41

I do not care what you do for a sequel. but PLEASE retain your sense of humor. The signs in PP are worth all the headaches. So much fun.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #6 - 26.10.2008 at 20:54:23

Thanks sherryl!
I'll try my best!

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #7 - 27.10.2008 at 09:51:55

Hi Leo,

Well, I finally started PP, after drooling over the screen shot of the mansion for a while, and yes, I agree, the first part requires extreme patience to go back again and again and get better each time so my Jack has enough lives to continue to the save point, but I gotta tell ya, my heart rate was up there a few times!  Shocked

I am now at about save point 4, and have been searching high and low in hopes of finding one of the 'secret vaults' so I can be carefree and have tonnes of lives to expend, but so far, no luck !  Embarrassed

Me and Jack are totally enjoying this mansion, and the BB's, and the secrets that are hidden sometimes really well, and my Jack has learned not to fear "going where no man has gone before" in hopes of a reward!  Smiley

Keep up the great work, and I am looking forward to any other CM's you happen to spend your creative and ingenious brain cells on!

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 27.10.2008 at 21:56:23

Hi SandyBean,

sorry for all the pain! I played the beginning of PP so often, that I just didn't realize how hard it is anymore. I'm glad you made it to safe point 4. It wont be long now until you are up to your hips in lives (if you find the occasional secret, that is...).

Jacques Revenge, the sequel to PP, is proceeding quite well. But it still will take a lot of time to finish it. I don't want to come up with old stuff, so I have to bust my brains to find some new and exciting ways to keep the player hooked. Well see...

Again: Thanks for playing!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 31.10.2008 at 00:21:32

I'm begonnong to doubt my abilities as MM-player..... I always thought I'm quite skilled, but I still haven't reached the first save in PP yet.....and I have played it so often it bores me already.

I am very close to the first save, but always shortly before I rech it, I lose my last life.  Oh sure, I get that tiny bit further everytime I play....but considering how far everybody else seems to be already, I feel like a failure......

I was already tempred to use the editor and plant 50 money bags in the starting room (in short: cheating), but haven't done so yet....   Sad    Undecided

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print