Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Everybody busy playing "Les Catacombes Rouges (Read 13819 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Everybody busy playing "Les Catacombes Rouges
13.03.2009 at 20:20:57

There's no new post traffic for 3 or 4 days now.....   Huh

...is that because everyone's busy playing LCR ??   Wink    Cheesy

(In that case: you are all excused...   Grin)

As a general advice I'd like to remind y'all:

Don't forget the tips I have given in the accompanying ReadMe, especially the one about the Westside and Eastside, and - also very important - use your ears as well as your eyes !!

One more hint:  there are at least 2 completely secret rooms....whose entrances are not easy to find. But once you found them, it gives you that extra-satisfying feeling of being something like the first explorer to set foot on those grounds !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Re: Everybody busy playing "Les Catacombes Rouges
Reply #1 - 14.03.2009 at 08:11:13

Yes, we are all busy playing LCR!  Very fun mansion with some new twists.  I came to another dead end and decided to give it a rest for a couple days.  Sometimes that helps. In the meantime I'm playing Doldrum Dungeon and am stuck in that one too.   Lips Sealed

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #2 - 14.03.2009 at 14:28:02

Yup, been lost in Les Catacombes. Really looking forward to getting through it so I can play it a second time and just enjoy the ride  Smiley

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #3 - 15.03.2009 at 00:03:28

You got it !!!

Been Enjoying LCR on my free hour each day since it was released. Great mansion, with lots of your trademark devious passages, and some fun new stuff.  Lots to explore.  

I found the mansion actually got easier the farther in Jack went, with the save pedestals seeming closer together.  For my Jack it was I think between save 2 and 3 that we had the hardest time, and couldn't wait to see that all important pedestal! Cheesy

Finished yesterday with 82 %, and will be going back in with a bigger flashlight today to find those two secret rooms!!! Smiley

Thanks so much aquaMat for creating a new place for us to 'get lost in'!

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

BO PEEP
Lost One

GREECE
Reply #4 - 15.03.2009 at 00:35:08

Great mansion ,but finished with only 84% explored. I found the way through without much trouble as I took advice to look and listen.
I cannot begin to imagine where the two secret rooms are so lots of fun trying later.
Thanks for a well thought mansion with a very nice layout

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 15.03.2009 at 20:37:43

@ everybody:

Thanks for all the nice comments !!
I can assure you that an average 82 % is really quite good for a first try....so you're all pretty much "in the top range" so far !

As with my other mansions, LCR is constructed in such a way that it's almost impossible to find everything during the first visit.... but that way it offers more fun and surprises for repeated plays !!

@ SandyBean:

SandyBean wrote on 15.03.2009 at 00:03:28:
You got it !!!
I found the mansion actually got easier the farther in Jack went, with the save pedestals seeming closer together.  For my Jack it was I think between save 2 and 3 that we had the hardest time, and couldn't wait to see that all important pedestal! Cheesy

Finished yesterday with 82 %, and will be going back in with a bigger flashlight today to find those two secret rooms!!! Smiley

That's quite correct !!  I feel the hardest parts are - say - between the start and save 2 or 3....and then again towards the end.

I created that central area with at least 1 save more than usual to counterbalance the hard beginning, and also to give Jack some time to rest.   Cheesy   Wink

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #6 - 22.03.2009 at 09:29:17

Hi All !

Went back with Jack's biggest flashlight, and found not only the two secret rooms, but another one that was well hidden and quite fun to conquer. Smiley

Finished the mansion for now, Jack needs a bit of rest after this adventure!  Smiley

Thanks aquaMat for the wonderful time, and hope to see more of your stuff soon!

SandyBean Smiley

Picture_3_015.png (406 KB | )
Picture_3_015.png

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #7 - 22.03.2009 at 20:52:37

Ehh, I was playing LCR.

Interesting, I got lost so much-- I kept running out of lives and was dying to save in room 19699 but I couldn't figure out how to get onto it.  Undecided

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #8 - 22.03.2009 at 23:06:47

There is a way, Wingy. Just remember how devious aquaMat can be.
Grin

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 24.03.2009 at 20:54:06

@SandyBean:

I'm pretty impressed with your final "figures".... 90% is pretty good, and I'm especially impressed with your 23 lives left...  Wink  Cheesy

And thanks for the nice words !!

@Wingy:

Great to see you're still around... haven't seen much of you lately !
Semi-Native has pretty much explained it already...ha ha (=devious laugh)  Cheesy   Wink   just look around carefully !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print