Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Luris too difficult? (Read 26171 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Luris too difficult?
Reply #20 - 07.05.2009 at 13:12:43

Olle the Greatest wrote on 06.05.2009 at 04:19:19:
Indeed, and that's why AK and I decided not to launch an easier version of Luris,

Gee, I guess sandybean finally got you to change your mind & cancel your idea to make an easier version.

To bad.....but then again, theirs always a way to work around any closed door.   lololololol

Missy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #21 - 08.05.2009 at 04:01:44

Missy wrote on 07.05.2009 at 13:12:43:
Gee, I guess sandybean finally got you to change your mind & cancel your idea to make an easier version.

Not sandybean, but ak Smiley as I wrote above, the whole point with the mansion is that it's supposed to be a challenge. thus an easy version would take away that challenge from the original Luris.
I typed without thinking (and without consulting my co-builder) and probably gave false hope to some players... sorry  Embarrassed

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #22 - 08.05.2009 at 16:10:23

First of all..... I find the seriousness  that this discussion aquires lately a little akward.

Now to the "easier version" debate:

I can understand that you don't want to make a version where you change all the puzzles etc. and I never expected you to do so, but I do think it's a pity that you don't even consider my suggestion of simply creating a version which hands out many more lives (=money bags) in the first room, maybe adds a few save pedestals and is otherwise absolutely identical.

This would in no way corrupt the "integrity" of your initial creation and still invite a few more players to participate in Luris.

But of course in the end it's all up to you.....and who am I to argue, anyway.  Wink   Smiley

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #23 - 10.05.2009 at 02:49:27

@ Missy
;  Did you not read the first line in my original post?

SandyBean wrote on 28.04.2009 at 04:47:21:
I think it would be a bonus to have an 'edu' version, but I have to say something here that we all seem to have forgotten.

I have to agree with aquaMat in his thoughts that this discussion has become far too serious and akward.  

We have always been a very friendly, supporting forum.  We usually tend not to complain too much, nor try to overrule other's actions. There has always been help offered, encouragement given, and accolades passed out freely.  Cheesy

At least this is how I have found things for the last three years (up to recently), and why I have enjoyed being part of the MMF 'family'.  This is also why I felt obliged to reply to Missy's email  (in the topic "About Luris" page 5, 27.04.2009) in which she Quoted 6 or 7 players 'complaints'.   Huh

Getting back to aquMat's 'easier version debate';  

It is also true that if OTG & AK eventually choose to use aquaMat's suggestion and add an 'Edu' version, this would be fine, but their choice. (BTW,  aquaMat  is also one of "The Greatest" at MM designs, and respects all the work OTG & AK have done, and says there's no need to change anything in Luris, just add some extra lives).  

I myself would have played the Edu version first, got the lay of the land, then later, after my memory faded a bit, would play the Hard Version.  This is what I have done in the past with mansions that offered various difficulty levels.

Here's a toast to everyone   Smiley, and especially Mothers Around the World,  Smiley (as it is Mother's day here in Canada) and cheers to leaving the past where it belongs!

Have a great Weekend !

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

spacegorilla
Lost One

Reply #24 - 29.06.2009 at 00:23:47

I just finished Luris, found 77 percent of the stuff. I'll have to go through it again and find those extra keys. Luris is amazing, tons of fun. Sure it was hard but that was part of the fun. I think it's perfect the way it is. I was sad it was over, I wanted to keep playing more rooms, figuring out puzzles, finding the way through, etc.

Anyway, my congratulations to Olle the Greatest, well done!

IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #25 - 25.01.2010 at 00:57:17

Not sure if there is a better place, but I'm having trouble with the first room, as I can get the gold (at the sacrifice of at least two lives), but the trapdoor (right middle, over the chamber where the pole down to next level is) will NOT open. I have pulled the lever on the left middle side, have tried the visible levers, but nothing seems to dislodge the trapdoor over the right lower chamber (which I'm guessing is how I get the key I need to leave this room).

Ollie, or anyone else, how about a clue? I can test play other rooms in the mansion, but that's not as much fun (or challenge) as going through the rooms in order, and I haven't tried playing Luris for weeks because I cannot get the $#%^*& trapdoor to open. I tried just attempting to go through it after pulling various levers, but no luck anywhere.

CapeJim

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #26 - 25.01.2010 at 01:54:54

There is a hidden lever. You need to pull everywhere to find it. I don't want to tell you too much.

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #27 - 25.01.2010 at 04:02:46

JimRCGMO wrote on 25.01.2010 at 00:57:17:
I have pulled the lever on the left middle side, have tried the visible levers, but nothing seems to dislodge the trapdoor over the right lower chamber (which I'm guessing is how I get the key I need to leave this room).
CapeJim

Seems to me it should have opened already?

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #28 - 18.08.2010 at 05:05:07

I'm back again - found THAT lever, but now I can solve most of the stuff in the next room below (killed the monster, got the silver pieces), but I cannot get Jack at the right spot on the moving platform to get the green key. When I think I'm far enough to the left and have him 'squatted', the wall pushes him away when the platform gets near the key.  Auggghhhh... If it's just a very precise timing, I may be hindered by the age of my PowerBook (2000, with 500 MHz CPU) - or maybe it's my slow fingers. Tongue

Any hints, suggestions on how to get Jack placed just right for the key, or should I be looking elsewhere in that room.

Jim

P.S. Not sure how you all figure out the room numbers - I can't find any setting in MM for displaying that.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #29 - 18.08.2010 at 05:17:29

Get the room number in the upper left corner of the screen by hitting COMMAND + D while you're playing.

You'll also see the number of secrets you have in the lower right corner.

Which room are you having trouble with?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print