Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: Why is MM is NOT on youtube.com (Read 12600 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: Why is MM is NOT on youtube.com
Reply #10 - 09.12.2009 at 18:00:26

Thx for that brilliant idea, Missy!

I suggested Vern to contact Rohful who made that high quality mov-file about the invisible ladder bug.

Meanwhile, I think we may brainstorm here about other sites where the uploading could be interesting. First thing that comes up in my mind is GarageTV. Is that worldwide known?

And besides that we also need to think about interesting parts to be 'filmed'.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #11 - 10.12.2009 at 00:23:48

That's a great idea, Missy! I wouldn't have the time to be involved in such a project myself, but I would welcome it. Smiley

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #12 - 10.12.2009 at 00:28:57

Vern has added a blog to his main ActionSoft website.

Freddy, I'll start thinking of good areas to show in video. Hum, I may have to sacrifice some time playing through the included mansions to do proper research.  Grin

In my opinion, half the fun (or more) of MM is figuring out the challenges and the routes to take to both complete the mansion and find all of the secrets. Walkthroughs that show everything take that away. That's why these forums are great for players to get hints when they need it and then go explore some more on your own.

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #13 - 10.12.2009 at 01:35:55

Oh, I can't do video's. I'm just offering to help come with suggestions as to which areas to make videos of.

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #14 - 12.12.2009 at 20:13:15

Here in Brugge (Belgium) an interMactivity-group had started. Starting on Friday the 15 th of January, twice a month Apple/Mac-users will come together in a nice coffeeshop called
Bean around the World
. But already in December every Friday the group comes together for brainstorming. Of course I joined them!

Last night I was able to ask some information about this topic and got two advices.
1° Quick Time 10 that is included in Snow Leopard (alas only for intel) and therefor free of charge. Are there snowleopards among our regulars? And is there anyone who has experience with Quick Time 10?
2° Screenflow, that seems to be superb, but costs nearly $ 100. The free demo you may find here:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/screenflow.html

There was also the suggestion to go to a website called 'Screen Castle 9', but I couldn't find it yet. I'll check if I got the site-name right.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #15 - 13.12.2009 at 01:27:14

I did some tests using iShowU HD, which is what Rohful used, and it works great. I do find you have to get the $69 version, which lets you delay compression until after the video capture is complete, but it works well.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #16 - 13.12.2009 at 01:40:50

Just tried the QuickTime 10 player. That's cool -- I didn't know it had screen recording built-in. But this gives me the worst results of anything I've tried... very very poor frameRates. I'd stick with iShowU HD.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print