Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
THE COMPLEX:  Basic tips (Read 15072 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
THE COMPLEX:  Basic tips
18.06.2009 at 19:35:44

Now that
THE COMPLEX
is released I'd like to give you a few basic tips & advices:

1. Before starting to play please read the ReadMeFirst - file carefully that comes with the download.
It contains a few things you need to know and a lttle background storyline.

2.  Feel free to go wherever you like.....the central section of The Complex is very non-linear. There is more than one route that leads to the exit...... even though some routes are quicker than others you can't say that there is a route that is "more correct" than another.

3. Due to this non-linearity it can happen that you have the impression that a save pedestal appears too soon or too late (which it wouldn't if you took another route), or that the opening of a certain door seems a bit pointless to you, which it wouldn't have had you taken another route etc.
Keep that in mind.
4. The maps are pretty essential.....after all this isn't called The Complex for nothing   Wink

5.  Remember my series "The Mansion Family"?  Then you also might remember the fact that Mansion Family 2 (which was designed back in 2006) has never been released. I abandoned that mansion....even though it contained some pretty exciting parts and a few innovations. (See elsewhere in this forum for the reasons).
However, for one of the innovations in The Mansion Family 2 I always regretted most that the project was abandoned. I called it the "Fata Morgana" effect.

I always wanted to include it in another mansion, or even finish TMF2 because of that alone..... and so finally I included it here.  
You will recognise it when you see it. In The Complex it is simply called a "strange phenomenon"...... and it's also a warning sign.
Keep that in mind, too.

So:   Have fun with and in The Complex !!

aquaMat

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: THE COMPLEX:  Basic tips
Reply #1 - 18.06.2009 at 20:46:18

Thanks for the tips Aquamat, I'll try to find some time to play your mansion, it looks and sounds exciting!  Wink

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

cw
Lost One

Mesa,  AZ
Reply #2 - 19.06.2009 at 12:41:08

Grin Grin Grin  THANK YOU  Roll Eyes Shocked Cheesy

You R the GREATEST.....  cw

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #3 - 26.06.2009 at 09:51:09

I absolutely love your sense of humour, aquaMat !!!    Smiley When Jack and I discovered this little BB,  I had a feeling it was written just for my Jack, since he is always getting into trouble !!!

Really enjoying the mansion so far, we have found one save pedestal, but are getting frustrated since we have been through the sections again and again, a number of times now, but cannot seem to find a red or purple key to continue!!!!   Arrrgh !!!  The pain and agony, we want to go on, but cannot !

Thanks so much for another of your Marvellous creations, we will keep persevering and then shout for help if we don't find the necessary keys!!!

Take care,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #4 - 26.06.2009 at 15:54:09

That "strange phenomenon" is so cool! Nice work aquaMat!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 26.06.2009 at 23:31:19

Thank you all for these kind words !!!

And as for the purple and red keys, SandyBean:  I have the feeling you might have missed a room or two betweem saves 1 and 2..... so keep on exploring and I'm sure eventually you'll find all the keys you still need ..!
Cool

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #6 - 27.06.2009 at 06:17:46

Thanks for the hint aquaMat, we're heading back in there later today, so will dig around harder.

Forgot in my first post to mention the most important thing;

WAY COOL CLOTHES, DUDE !!!  Grin     Wink

JACK IS READY TO HIT THE DISCO IF HE EVER FINDS HIS WAY OUT OF THE COMPLEX ~ LOL

Thanks again, and take care,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - 28.06.2009 at 09:03:39

I agree, that phenomenon is awesome! I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play with this so I've just now gotten to this point.

My Jack is going to learn patience in this mansion thanks to you.  Wink And I wish he wasn't so clumsy like me. He has a tendency to go over the edge of bricks when trying to get to the very edge.

I'm loving this so far. Thanks Aquamat. Grin

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

BO PEEP
Lost One

GREECE
Reply #8 - 29.06.2009 at 04:34:49

Hi Aquamat , Great fun mansion! Have played mansion twice and can't seem to get past 83%(57 secrets) about 36550 money ! Am I missing rooms somewhere ? I have ended with a yellow key but this is only because I used a route to avoid a door (as you have hinted in your tips).

Has anyone finished with a higher number of secrets

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #9 - 29.06.2009 at 05:32:44

Not really... strange enough I just finished with 82%... is it really possible to have a difference of just one percent?

Picture_2_022.png (433 KB | )
Picture_2_022.png

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print