Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Blowin' my own trumpet ? (Read 38931 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Blowin' my own trumpet ?
13.07.2009 at 20:18:54

Yippeeee !!
This is my post number 1000 !!!   Cool    Cheesy    Roll Eyes

And as I'm usually not a guy who blows his own trumpet - unless I have something meaningful to say  (ahem.... Embarrassed ) - I'd like to use this post to tell you that I have started work on (yet another) new mansion called

BROTHER FROM ANOTHER PLANET

Jack is in space!!  He's flying a spaceship that has somehow caught fire, though..... so he must use his ejection seat to escape the flames.
He's catapulted out and makes an emergency landing on some alien planet......  where everything's a little bit different.

More I won't tell yet...... and - please - don't hold your breath, 'cause it will definitely take several months of building time.....

In the meantime..... I'll have a bit of that bubble liquid and celebrate.  Cheesy   Grin

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Blowin' my own trumpet ?
Reply #1 - 13.07.2009 at 20:27:14

CONGRATULATIONS          AQUAMAT!

Bubbly Time,
Yipeeee!

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 13.07.2009 at 20:44:38

aquaMat wrote on 13.07.2009 at 20:18:54:
Yippeeee !!
This is my post number 1000 !!!   Cool    Cheesy    Roll Eyes

In the meantime..... I'll have a bit of that bubble liquid and celebrate.  Cheesy   Grin

SmileyI will too!  Smiley  Ooops, wrong bubbles Grin

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #3 - 13.07.2009 at 22:16:57

I'll (hic) drink to that! Congratulations, aquaMat!
Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #4 - 13.07.2009 at 22:24:41

rose wrote on 13.07.2009 at 20:44:38:

SmileyI will too!  Smiley  Ooops, wrong bubbles Grin [/quote]

Hi Rose, you are sooooo creatively funny!    Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #5 - 13.07.2009 at 23:23:38

Space? Interesting. Are you going to use custom backgrounds, like what JoeB and I used in our spacious mansions?

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 14.07.2009 at 04:35:57

Fiirst of all...... thanks to all of you (and for joining the party  Wink  Smiley !!)

@ Wingy:

Of course I'm fully aware that I'm not the first one to try a space-related theme.... you two did that long ago.

Also - even though I do use custom graphic elements occasionally - I am nowhere near as talented as far as drawing etc. is concerned....and therefore my mansion won't be as completely "other-worldly" graphicwise as the ones done by you and JoeB.

I will have a few custom bits, but mainly I will tweak the existing tiles and sprites into working for my theme.
For example - I have built the first sequence, including the burning rocket and ejection seat parts, entirely with standard building blocks.
And it looks (and works) fine.

But - please don't expect too much..... it won't look like  StarCraft or Dominator.... those mansions managed to look like a completely different game !!!
On the other hand - this will have the advantage that BOAP will be instantly playable - without the need of swopping files etc.
(After all - unfortunately this was the reason why I never again played Dominator or StarCraft after the first few times....... one has to always think of changing the Graphics and Sprites files first.)

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #7 - 14.07.2009 at 22:23:10

Thanks cool Aquamat. I'll be curious to see what you come up with! The imagination of designers is limitless! (Well 30,000 rooms... well...)

In my opinion, Starcraft was pretty lame. The Adventures of Ted will be the really comical graphic-wise, making it pretty cool, especially with Expansion pack working with it. I can't wait for the Exp. Pack to be released, I want to see what other designers can come up with with all the new features!
« Last Edit: 15.07.2009 at 01:59:57 by Anthony »  

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 10.08.2010 at 22:37:50

I feel a bit guilty.....   Embarrassed    Roll Eyes     Cool   ...so many weeks & months have passed....

And although my latest (classic MM) mansion
"Brother From Another Planet"

is finished since about November 2009 now, I have waited until now to finally let it be released. In the meantime it has been improved a bit, a few changes here & there..... and extensively beta-tested by Rose.

BUT: It is still a very hard mansion..... and that's also why it took so long. Following the pre- and post-Christmas 2009 period, where I had deliberately not looked at it (to distance myself from any over-familiarity with it) I have taken it out again in ca. February and played it anew, with a bit of a "newcomer's attitude" and found that - indeed - several rooms where simply too hard.

While it is still very hard now (although much less so than in February), I have started to make a "normal" version of it.
This easier (say: normal-to-hard) version, however, will be released only a few weeks AFTER the release of the standard ("hard-to-very hard") version of BFAP.

I will send this one out to Freddy and/or Brell later today for an official release later that week.
There will be an accompanying "ReadMeFirst" file, giving you a few tips about BFAP, and how to best handle it.

So I hope you'll still like my (not so new) new mansion..... and for those of you who are a bit less experienced, I'll recommend you wait a few weeks until I'll release the "normal" BFAP.

Thanks & greetings,
aquaMat

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #9 - 10.08.2010 at 22:50:40

Goody, can't wait!!!

Freddy hasn't been around lately, so you might want to send it to brell or me for the quickest upload. Not sure how busy Anthony is right now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print