Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MM on iPhone (Read 12890 times)
Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Re: MM on iPhone
Reply #10 - 06.11.2009 at 23:59:19

josephine wrote on 06.11.2009 at 04:43:48:
Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor has controls sort of like Alan described- you "draw" with your finger where you want the spider to jump:

That's an awesome looking game, very creative!  I might have to pick that up sometime.

I was thinking of a control scheme more where you press buttons that outside of the play area.  My graphic above doesn't do that, and it isn't even really what I think would work best.  I've created a new concept on my iPhone of how the game could be played in horizontal mode -- and I think it would work very well!  My wife tried it out (well, it's only a picture, but she pretend-played MM by pressing the buttons on the picture) and she likes it very much and thinks I need to convince Vern to port MM to the iPhone now.  At first she wasn't sure how it would work, but now she wants to play it on her iPhone. Smiley

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #11 - 07.11.2009 at 00:03:51

sherryl199 wrote on 06.11.2009 at 07:14:27:
Alan - have you looked at "Shift"? Don't know if it could be applicable, but it does add another option, possibly from room to room or level to level. "Rope N Fly" has some interesting jump/touch moves. 'Tapping' would be easy for lever pulls - too bad the phone doesn't recognize one or two finger tapping.

I haven't tried Shift or Rope N Fly yet.  I'll add those to my to-try list!  Thanks!  I've seen Rope N Fly on the app store before, but the graphics seemed a little too MS Paint so I didn't get it.  Don't get me wrong - one of my favorite games* for the iPhone is Enviro-Bear 2010... and those graphics look like they were made with MS Paint too -- but the game has so much humor and charm that the graphics really fit it well.

http://www.enviro-bear.com/

*Okay, not my FAVORITE, but well worth the 99 cents.  Where else can you enjoy all the excitement of a BEAR driving a CAR?!

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #12 - 07.11.2009 at 23:03:19

It will be interesting to see what you think of "Shift". The graphics are - like "Rope N Fly" - pretty simplistic, but the concept of 'shifting' the screen is pretty cool. Grayson loves it and finished the game the second time through.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #13 - 08.11.2009 at 16:49:14

sherryl199 wrote on 07.11.2009 at 23:03:19:
It will be interesting to see what you think of "Shift". The graphics are - like "Rope N Fly" - pretty simplistic, but the concept of 'shifting' the screen is pretty cool. Grayson loves it and finished the game the second time through.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I completed the trial/free version of Shift this afternoon.  It was rather creative, and a good brain twister.  The control scheme mostly worked, with the left/right buttons on the left/right sides, and press both to jump.  It did lead to a couple of funny situations where I did unintentional things because I wasn't used to the unconventional nature of the controls.  For MM, I think a similar control scheme might shrink the play screen down too far, though!

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #14 - 08.11.2009 at 23:27:37

To whomever is in charge of the MM software.  I have tried endless number of times to remove myself from future notices re: this tread, by clicking on the tab at the bottom "Notify of replies" and selecting NO. 
But for some reason, the instructions are not holding?  hmmmm

Missy

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #15 - 08.12.2009 at 01:47:54

I think it's a great idea for MM to go on the iPhone/iPod Touch, I think you could maybe make it so you have to drag your finger to move Jack and there's a small button for reading signs and activating switches and when you want to jump a simple flick of your finger could do the trick. A good price could be $5 and in the light version you could only include 3 mansions and only selected custom ones. If people think it's overly priced then you could reduce it to $2. I hope these help Wink

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #16 - 28.01.2010 at 23:27:13

I think that the announcement of the iPad can now allow you to fit more on the screen

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #17 - 30.01.2010 at 07:19:25

Yeah, MM on iPad would be killer. Smiley  And at 1024x768 resolution you could display the full-screen MM graphics and have room for a virtual contol system "off-screen".

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #18 - 31.01.2010 at 18:08:30

it would also be great for the level designer

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2