Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Insectoid near release (Read 28166 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Insectoid near release
Reply #10 - 01.11.2009 at 02:06:02

Thanks for the tip!

My computer processor is 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Missy

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #11 - 01.11.2009 at 02:35:55

Huh, an Intel 2 GHZ should move the cursor just great! What resolution is the max resolution of your main display?

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #12 - 01.11.2009 at 03:00:10

I bought a larger screen to get a full view, so I use
1024 x 640. 

The views that you suggest leave a larger black banner on both sides of the window. 

I have played many other games with this view and had no problem with the cursor on most & I mean most of them.  hmmmm????  Perhaps they took the 1024 x 640 resolution factor into consideration, as I am sure many Mac users like the full screen view also. 
I mean, what's the point of buying a larger screen only to have all the windows smaller???

Oh well, a slow cursor is no biggy.

Missy

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #13 - 01.11.2009 at 05:31:23

Hmm, actually, I'd better clarify: by "slow cursor" do you mean that it redraws only a few times per second (i.e. sort of choppy movement)? This is what I've been assuming you meant.

OR do you mean its movement is quite responsive, but you have to move the physical mouse a large distance to get the cursor to move very far on the screen? (lots of arm movement for very little screen movement)

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #14 - 01.11.2009 at 06:25:52

Missy wrote on 01.11.2009 at 03:00:10:
The views that you suggest leave a larger black banner on both sides of the window.  

There is a feature that stretched the game to fit wide screens. It's in the options. Right now I think there's a little trouble where it doesn't seem to stay after you quit and reopen the game, you'd have to re-check it in the game options. I think Vern will get that fixed though.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

BO PEEP
Lost One

GREECE
Reply #15 - 01.11.2009 at 06:03:05

Hi Vern.

I noticed you recommend at least  1.6 GHz or higher (processor)for your new game. I have a G4 with only 1GHz .I am hoping to treat myself to a new MAC at christmas but would like to purchase Insectoid now . Can you advise me .

Bo Peep

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #16 - 02.11.2009 at 21:48:18

VernJensen wrote on 01.11.2009 at 05:31:23:
Hmm, actually, I'd better clarify: by "slow cursor" do you mean that it redraws only a few times per second (i.e. sort of choppy movement)? This is what I've been assuming you meant.

OR do you mean its movement is quite responsive, but you have to move the physical mouse a large distance to get the cursor to move very far on the screen? (lots of arm movement for very little screen movement)

Hi Vern,

Yes the latter.  "lots of arm movement for very little screen movement."  But that is only for the pointer, and if it is only on my computer and not on others, then don't worry about it.

Missy

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #17 - 03.11.2009 at 00:23:21

Bo Peep --

The game *will* run on a 1.0 GHz computer, but won't run very well on some levels -- the game will get "choppy" with things jumping around instead of going smoothly, particularly when lots of bullets are fired at you at one.

I recommend downloading the game once it is released and trying it out for yourself to see how it runs. Be sure to try the additional 30-second preview levels too. Levels like "Hold Cold" run particularly badly on older processor speeds. That way, at least you know what you're buying before you buy it. But once you upgrade, it should run perfectly smooth. Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #18 - 03.11.2009 at 00:38:04

Wow, incredible graphics! I don't usually like this kind of game, but this one is really fun. Congratulations, Vern!

Smiley

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #19 - 03.11.2009 at 01:03:15

Good to hear. Thanks. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print