Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Happy New Year to all!!!!! (Read 9841 times)
Matari
Explorer

UK
Happy New Year to all!!!!!
03.01.2010 at 02:47:29

And, great job on the boards - looks good.
Grin

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Happy New Year to all!!!!!
Reply #1 - 03.01.2010 at 19:03:47

I wish you all a
HAPPY NEW YEAR
, too.

I actually tried to write this in the early morning hours of Jan, 1st.....and did so....but the forum didn't let me post a new message at all.
It greeted me with the new look, but didn't recognize me any longer (though I was always logged in for keeps). So I re-logged in, after which it knew who I was, but I still couldn't post. Don't ask me why.

Today I dropped by (using my usual (old) link) and everything seems to work again.
BUT: I always had my MM-forum starting-page set up in such a fashion that it showed me the latest 25 or 30 posts written. This was gone, too. And still is!
And I don't seem to be able to remember where one can make this setting. (I DO remember that it wasn't very obvious the first time around either.....it is somewhat hidden I guess, back then I think it was Brell who hipped me to it. A really helpful feature, BTW.)

I'm quite surprised by the new appearance (navy green, smaller print), it seems you guys are doing much work even after the maintenance closure is over. I'm not absolutely sure about the color, but that is a matter of taste.

If you did change other things that go beyond pure design questions, it might be a great idea if you could publish a small list of what they are and what we should keep in mind.

You're doing a really great job for our small community....thanks a lot for that.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 03.01.2010 at 22:46:08

aquaMat wrote on 03.01.2010 at 19:03:47:
BUT: I always had my MM-forum starting-page set up in such a fashion that it showed me the latest 25 or 30 posts written. This was gone, too. And still is!
And I don't seem to be able to remember where one can make this setting. (I DO remember that it wasn't very obvious the first time around either.....it is somewhat hidden I guess, back then I think it was Brell who hipped me to it. A really helpful feature, BTW.)

This feature is still there at the bottom left.  Only now you choose how many of the last posts you want to see.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 04.01.2010 at 19:07:06

brell wrote on 03.01.2010 at 22:46:08:
This feature is still there at the bottom left.  Only now you choose how many of the last posts you want to see.

Yeah, I know that. But it used to be possible to have it set in such a way that whenever I clicked on my bookmark (for the MM forum) it automatically showed me (as starting page) the last 30 posts.

I checked the links (I bookmarked then and now):
The old one used to be:
http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=recent;display=30

And the new one is called:
http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=recent
(no matter if you chose a setting of 10 or 25 posts first - it always says only "recent").
I tried to manually add:  ";display=25" behind recent....   but clicking that bookmark still results in only the last 10 posts being shown - with or without "display=25".

You don't happen to have an idea what the problem could be??
I fear that is has something to do with the update and/or maintenance of the YaBB software ?!?

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #4 - 05.01.2010 at 01:17:36

Happy New Year everyone!  I love the idea of a new featured mansion every week.  Great job to whoever came up with that idea and is maintaining it!

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #5 - 05.01.2010 at 17:09:33

Alan Falcon wrote on 05.01.2010 at 01:17:36:
... I love the idea of a new featured mansion every week.  Great job to whoever came up with that idea and is maintaining it!

All honour is for Anthony. Both the idea and the realisation of the picture-shortcut to the downloadpage are from him.
Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #6 - 05.01.2010 at 17:24:19

aquaMat wrote on 04.01.2010 at 19:07:06:
... But it used to be possible to have it set in such a way that whenever I clicked on my bookmark (for the MM forum) it automatically showed me (as starting page) the last 30 posts. ...?

In the YaBB Administration Center of our boards I could change the maximum number of posts to 30. But it doesn't seem to be possible any more to get it set.
Sad

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 05.01.2010 at 17:40:00

aquaMat wrote on 03.01.2010 at 19:03:47:
If you did change other things that go beyond pure design questions, it might be a great idea if you could publish a small list of what they are and what we should keep in mind. ...

Was and still is on my TO DO list. But to be honest, previous days I was busy with the second area of
Oline's Coffeehouse
. Gets tested for the time being.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 06.01.2010 at 01:51:52

Great..... thanks, Freddy.
Take all the time you need...... it noh hurry.   Wink

About the programmable "display recent 30" feature..... well, too bad if it really shouldn't be programmable any longer.
That used to save a lot of clicks.

Now I'll probably miss a few new posts on days where there's much new post traffic...... unless I remember to go to "Home" first and then to the bottom left and set it to 25 (each time).

You know...I'm lazy.....  Wink  Shocked

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - 06.01.2010 at 07:19:28

Happy New Year everyone! And great job on the switch over to the Admins.

Aquamat, you don't have to go to the Home page. On each page I see at the bottom the Forum jump and select 10 most recent posts. Scrolling down if they are all new, I then go to the web page bar and change 10 to 20 or 30 to see all of the new posts. Hope that works for you.  Smiley

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print