Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Congoron Caves (now goron grotto) (Read 29141 times)
Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Re: Congoron Caves (now goron grotto)
Reply #10 - 03.11.2010 at 07:00:05

Hey,

I've quickly made some notes about most of the problems encountered and hope that may be of some use:

16715 - This is part of a well hidden secret of the mansion so I'm not really too sure if I'm going to allow people to try again, however, I will put something to advise you to search the entire level before pulling the levers

16504 - This is a glitch that I might report to vern. At least I think it's a glitch, I can't seem to stop this from happening

15910 - This room seems to be the most troublesome. However I have a few hints that may be helpful (or not) if you still need help, I'll try uploading a video walkthrough for that room:

Did you know that you can toggle the gold/silver blocks while the moving platform is still in their outline?

The main pattern of the platform is up left right down

I hope these seem to help. If there are any more problems then feel free to say Wink

Thanks
Leon

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #11 - 03.11.2010 at 20:31:08

yaay! solved 15910 and from the comments, I was expecting it to be worse. It *is* tricky and timing is incredibly important. Two things I found crucial:

- Understanding the movement of the moving platform
- Having an idea where the platform needs to end up

At that point, it was a matter of working backward from where I thought the platform needed to end up to where it starts.  Even knowing that, it's very easy to make a mistake due to timing gold/silver toggles.

Hint: If the moving platform hits the ceiling directly above it's starting point, then you might as well restart the room.

I really admire the design of this room, difficult without the difficulty being lethal. Out of curiosity Leon, how long did it take you to tweak this room until you were satisfied with it? I bet it was a while considering the speed of the platform

Smiley

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #12 - 04.11.2010 at 00:22:53

Hi Leon -
15702 - if Jack starts climbing down the ladder, he can 'slip' between the bat platform and the bricks, falling to his death, and reappearing at the top with no bat platform. Leaving the room does not reset it. The same thing happens if he falls off the platform in the room below, 15902. He reappears in 15702 with no platform.

re. 16715 - once Jack gets to that room, he is stuck on that level - there is no place for him to explore - only room 16716.  We did get the hint and pulled the levers correctly the first time, but that hint could easily be missed so Jack's only choice is to "commit suicide" in the lever room for however many lives he has left and go back to that last Save?

There are several spelling/grammar errors - do you care to fix them? It is a great puzzle mansion!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #13 - 04.11.2010 at 06:36:56

Rob Seegel wrote on 03.11.2010 at 20:31:08:
I really admire the design of this room, difficult without the difficulty being lethal. Out of curiosity Leon, how long did it take you to tweak this room until you were satisfied with it? I bet it was a while considering the speed of the platform

Smiley

Thank you very much. I think overall, this room took me about 3 to 5 days, I was just thinking of making a new puzzle in the MM2 game that hasn't really been done before and came up with this (I may be wrong, there may be a puzzle like this already) I failed and had to restart the puzzle about 2 times but I finally got there in the end.

sherryl199 wrote on 04.11.2010 at 00:22:53:
Hi Leon -
15702 - if Jack starts climbing down the ladder, he can 'slip' between the bat platform and the bricks, falling to his death, and reappearing at the top with no bat platform. Leaving the room does not reset it. The same thing happens if he falls off the platform in the room below, 15902. He reappears in 15702 with no platform.

I found out that I accidentally made one side of the broken ladder in layer 5 which made jack think he could climb down it. That has now been fixed

sherryl199 wrote on 04.11.2010 at 00:22:53:
re. 16715 - once Jack gets to that room, he is stuck on that level - there is no place for him to explore - only room 16716.  We did get the hint and pulled the levers correctly the first time, but that hint could easily be missed so Jack's only choice is to "commit suicide" in the lever room for however many lives he has left and go back to that last Save?

There are several spelling/grammar errors - do you care to fix them? It is a great puzzle mansion!

I must've forgot to put an escape route  Embarrassed but I've now fixed it. I have also fixed some of the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes bearing in mind that some of the signs in the village are meant to be grammatically incorrect because the people from the village do not have very good english skills.

I have now PMed the admins with the latest version of the level and should hopefully be up soon Cheesy.

Thanks
Leon

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #14 - 04.11.2010 at 09:28:20

Now I am wondering if I am trying to solve 15910 incorrectly. It was my assumption that I was trying to put the moving platform in the middle of the bridge so Jack can get across. I have sort of "accidentally on purpose" left the money bag on top of a brick and had it land by switching brick colors. Perhaps I just can't make the long jump across the bridge?

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #15 - 04.11.2010 at 14:01:27

Finished it. You came up with some innovative new puzzles which was great! A few nitpicks here and there:

- It didn't seem like you were playing fair in rooms 16114-15514 with the hidden blocks that stop some of the blocks that Jack might be riding on. Seems like there should be some sort of tough escape if Jack accidentally traps himself on the sides. If not that, then at least some sort of warning. Still, I really like the obstacle in these rooms - something I don't think I've seen done yet.

- Was there some sort of hint that I missed in the room of levers where if you make a mistake, then you're zapped? Perhaps there was and it was too subtle for me.

- I felt like the layout initially was pretty strong with great puzzles along the way, but I felt a little let down by the layout towards the end. It seemed a little disjointed in the end with the various bonus areas - esp. if you wanted to open all the yellow doors and had missed the yellow key early in the game.

Still, it was very creative and I had a lot of fun with it. I love mansions that force me to think about what I have to do next. Thanks for sharing it!

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #16 - 06.11.2010 at 23:20:26

Finished but with only 86% secrets. I liked the mansion, it had some really good puzzles and I like the music.

Thanks!
Cool

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #17 - 06.11.2010 at 23:28:07

Hey,

The newest version has now been uploaded. This includes the following fixes:

*16716 - Made an escape route so that you can easily get out if you failed the secret in 16715 or if you want to go back to it later
*15702 - I accidentally made one side of the ladder in layer 5 so jack thought he could climb down it only to fall to his death. I have now made in layer 4 and 6
*15910 - Added a few small hints so people wouldn't end up being there for a couple of days
*16715 - Added advise to search the entire level to find the combination
* General - Amended some spelling mistakes and grammatical errors

Thanks
Leon

P.S. From this level, what room(s) were your favourite and which puzzles would you like to see in future levels?

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #18 - 06.11.2010 at 23:34:53

Could you please give me the link then because I can't find the update. I only find the first version from 28th of October.

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #19 - 06.11.2010 at 23:45:25

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print