Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Midnight Mansion 3 - your opinion wanted! (Read 65709 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Midnight Mansion 3 - your opinion wanted!
Reply #50 - 27.12.2011 at 11:23:46

VernJensen wrote on 30.08.2010 at 05:59:18:
Midnight Mansion 2 has been selling well, so it looks like I'll be able to continue working on the franchise -- both good news for me, and for fans!
I'm here to ask about a proposed structure to the mansions themselves.

What if Midnight Mansion 3 had 20-30 mansions, each about 20 rooms in length? The idea being that, instead of taking an hour to play, a mansion would take 15-20 minutes.
While this is possible with Midnight Mansion's save and suspend game feature, it still feels like you "have" to get to the next save point.
There would be no save points. The mansion would be short enough that you'd beat with all the lives you have.

Congratulations Vern.  It's nice to know that MM2 is selling well.  It's offered in PC version now, isn't it?  If yes, what are the sale numbers on Mac vs PC?
It would be interesting to know which has the strongest market share.

MM 3 with a whole new look would be great.  However, from what I have read in many game review posts, NO ONE LIKES A GAME THAT IS TO SHORT.  They don't feel they get their monies worth.    I suggest you do more homework, search game reviews.

Shorter mansions leave one feeling flat & that is a fact.  ALL games have a pause or suspend feature.  Gamers are quite happy knowing that they can come back to a game that has them hooked.  It's more satisfying when you have a HUGE MANSION that has so many twists & turns that you want to throw your computer out the window out of frustration.  That feeling in itself is what keeps a gamers wanting more.  There's more satisfaction in finishing a tough game with a high score, than finishing a quickie game.  Like I said, google search game reviews.

I buy from Big Fish Games.....check out their review pages. 
NO ONE LIKES A GAME THAT FINISHES QUICKLY. NO CHANCE FOR THE ADRENALINE & OBSESSION TO REV UP.

Looking for a whole new look? 

What about Moon, Mars, Venus etc., exploration.  Underground ancient temples, caverns, crystals, carvings, acid lakes/ponds, lily pads to jump on and 
Alien creatures.  Leaping lizards, fire spouting creatures. Space ship & station base.

Jack in a space suit with a Jet pack, rocket belt, or rocket pack, maneuvering unit.  Instead of just jumping, his jet pack fires up and he flys to the next ledge or brick.

Laser gun.  Jack has to find laser charges.  Only a limited amount to kill the biggest creatures.  It could also shoot out a spiders web, acid water, and a freeze liquid, rendering the creature in stasis for a short time only. 

Think of the movies, Indians Jones & Alien.  Those two sure do have a lot of great scenery, creatures, and traps and gadgets......that's for sure. 
Solving the mysteries of the ancients, Indiana Jones style.  Loads of fun.

That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.   Wink

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #51 - 27.12.2011 at 13:29:37

Regarding the Suspend button & trying to make it to the next save.

There must be some way to suspend a game & start a new one, without loosing ones place in the suspended game.

That way a person doesn't have to panic looking for a save, especially when one is so frustrated & wants to take a break and try out another game.

Multiple suspends.  That would solve a lot of problems.

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #52 - 27.12.2011 at 18:05:53

Missy wrote on 27.12.2011 at 11:23:46:
Congratulations Vern.  It's nice to know that MM2 is selling well.  It's offered in PC version now, isn't it?  If yes, what are the sale numbers on Mac vs PC?
It would be interesting to know which has the strongest market share.

MM2 and MM HD are two different things.  MM HD has now a Windows version.  MM2 doesn't.

MM HD is MM1 with HD graphics.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #53 - 15.04.2015 at 04:44:34

I'd like to have a way to save the game without trying to run through the mansion looking for a save stone as those are few and far between it seems. I personally love the mansion lengths although I am busy as I'm sure other people are. To me the bigger the mansion the better because if it's too short, it seems anticlimactic to me.

Also when is Haunted Hills going to be updated for Mac?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #54 - 16.04.2015 at 01:19:57

Meredith Wyatt wrote on 15.04.2015 at 04:44:34:
I'd like to have a way to save the game without trying to run through the mansion looking for a save stone as those are few and far between it seems. I personally love the mansion lengths although I am busy as I'm sure other people are. To me the bigger the mansion the better because if it's too short, it seems anticlimactic to me.

But you can always suspend a game

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #55 - 16.04.2015 at 08:31:52

i tried  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #56 - 16.04.2015 at 13:47:37

Hi Meredith- hit "escape" and a window will pop up giving you several options. Click on "suspend" and it will hold your game until the next time you launch MM.

Note: You cannot start another game and still keep the first one suspended. The next time you launch MM, the pop up window will ask if you want to resume your suspended game or start another. Hope this helps  Smiley

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #57 - 17.04.2015 at 22:10:17

I knew that XD I was tired when I wrote it Cheesy

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #58 - 18.04.2015 at 10:02:10

I feel like six lives is too few to start with. Maybe 15 for those who want to get a feel for it. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I didn't realize I had to jump over a hole due to floor missing. I know it's supposed to be a mansion and haunted but brighter lighting from the lantern and the sconces and candelabras would be good too. I mean when you have not very good eyesight and have trouble seeing the darker greys, greens, and reds you get mad at yourself a lot! Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #59 - 18.04.2015 at 18:24:10

Meredith Wyatt wrote on 18.04.2015 at 10:02:10:
I feel like six lives is too few to start with. Maybe 15 for those who want to get a feel for it. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I didn't realize I had to jump over a hole due to floor missing. I know it's supposed to be a mansion and haunted but brighter lighting from the lantern and the sconces and candelabras would be good too. I mean when you have not very good eyesight and have trouble seeing the darker greys, greens, and reds you get mad at yourself a lot! Smiley

Yes but you start with the training mansion (Hint House), right?  That is where you get an overall feeling and training for the other mansions.  Holes in the floor and dark areas are part of the game.
I have heard that there is a cheating way to add extra lives but I don't know how.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print