Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New mansion series coming soon (Read 24629 times)
negative zero
Wanderer

building since 2004

Melbourne,FL
New mansion series coming soon
04.09.2010 at 09:03:45

I making well more like remodeling an old mansion from the first game game only one person may know about this it is one of the admins.the original mansion was named lunar temple but I will be renaming it soon.

No images are out yet but will be soon.

When it's ready to be beta tested I will announce it.however be warned when it's ready it will probably be 4XL

why do we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: New mansion series coming soon
Reply #1 - 04.09.2010 at 19:09:34

Lunar Temple was never released because it was full of Jack Stucks, cheap deaths, etc.  Freddy and I, the admins at that time, tried to contact you to ask you to have the mansion tested, but you never answered.  Hence the mansion was never released.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

negative zero
Wanderer

building since 2004

Melbourne,FL
Reply #2 - 07.09.2010 at 00:38:19

the awnser to why i never responded was because i forgot my password

and i need 3 people for beta

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - 07.09.2010 at 00:50:49

As long as it's not as hard mansion I'll volunteer for beta-testing when you're ready.

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 07.09.2010 at 05:38:26

Zero, what Freddy and I saw of Lunar Temple was very promising, indeed.  Would you like to:

1. Convert it to an MM2 mansion (and perhaps add some of the new features) and have it tested

2. Have it tested as an MM1 mansion

3. Or do you want to discard it altogether (which would be a shame IMO)

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #5 - 07.09.2010 at 09:01:10

I'll also help beta-test Lunar Temple if you'd like.

I'm working on three mansions for MM2. One will be the X-Hard version of Dr. Demented's Den. It was originally the Hard version, before I made it easier. That will probably be the first one out since it was rather exhaustively tested before I took a machete to it.

The second one is 100% new (entirely my own creation), and the third one if I'm able to pull it off will be a spin-off of DDD Hard (but probably at Normal level). I'm going to try and replace Jack with the "helpful goblin" and perhaps add some other static goblin "character/sprites". I expect that it's going to seriously tax the limits of any artistic skill I have. Hopefully, it won't be too bad since the helpful goblin already has the animation necessary to climb ladders and pull levers.

I'd like to have a few mansions set in a large goblin kingdom (with lots of goblin puzzles) of various levels that reuse some of the graphics from the third one since I expect it will be a big effort.

IP Logged

negative zero
Wanderer

building since 2004

Melbourne,FL
Reply #6 - 08.09.2010 at 04:59:14

i will post it i just wanna see how players feel about it and so they can find any un-noticed problems

Also the new name is titans keep.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 08.09.2010 at 05:45:35

negative zero wrote on 08.09.2010 at 04:59:14:
i will post it i just wanna see how players feel about it and so they can find any un-noticed problems

Also the new name is titans keep.

Zero, if you want to have it tested and uploaded as an approved custom mansion, you must advertise for some testers and then send the mansion to them, instead of posting it here.

IP Logged

negative zero
Wanderer

building since 2004

Melbourne,FL
Reply #8 - 08.09.2010 at 07:58:36

i have emailed them it i wasent exactly planning on posting it here that would be a bit too much testers dont you think?

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #9 - 08.09.2010 at 08:21:42

I've received it negative zero. Catwoman, would you like to be included in my test reports?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print