Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Citadel of Dr. Cassiopus EASY (Read 12588 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Citadel of Dr. Cassiopus EASY
11.09.2010 at 21:36:34

In 16519, the snakes reappeared after Jack ducked and they flew overhead past him. He couldn't trigger them again, so he had to die 3 times to get past them.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: Citadel of Dr. Cassiopus EASY
Reply #1 - 11.09.2010 at 23:51:57

Huh That must be an unexpected consequence of the latest update.

Fixed, but not very elegantly. I lowered the floor around the snakes so that now Jack can walk there without hitting them.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 12.09.2010 at 00:31:46

I was quite surprised by it. Never saw that happen before. Of course, you don't often see snakes flying through the air at Jack, either.
Wink

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #3 - 12.09.2010 at 05:20:52

Ouch... I missed that one when running through the mansions again for the update. I was spot checking things. I wonder if another way of handling it would have been just to prevent those platforms from leaving the room and let them bounce from wall to wall. So long as they are moving, they are avoidable. Unfortunately, at their current speed it also adds a bit more challenge to the room. Perhaps if they were a little slower? Anyway... just a thought.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #4 - 12.09.2010 at 16:17:07

I sort of tried that as well, but I didn't like it: Jack should have very fast reflexes just once, and then be able to cross the room without any more stress. And looked a bit wobbly, too  Grin

Another option would be to thicken the wall on the left and let the snakes stop there (maybe removing one snake, so the wall won't be too thick), possibly moving the pole to the right a little. Ah yes, I'll try that.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #5 - 24.09.2010 at 05:22:47

I've been thinking about this some more (after trying some speed runs through the citadel). It seems a little odd to me that the snakes reappear. Considering similar cases where creatures leave rooms, I wouldn't have expected that behavior. I just would have expected that once creatures leave a room, however it is it happens, they shouldn't return... at least until Jack leaves the room and comes back.

Seems like it would be worthwhile to ask Vern if he could code it to work this way, so that when the platforms "return" there are no longer any snakes (or any other sprite) on them. Seems to me like that would be the *best* change and the closest thing to your original intention.

IP Logged

Rhywun
Wanderer

Brooklyn
Reply #6 - 03.10.2010 at 15:27:40

Just finished this one and yeah, I was surprised when the snakes reappeared. I was thinking maybe the designer expected us to sacrifice a couple lives which would be a first in my experience... Fortunately I had 43 to spare Smiley
But I agree it would be best if they just didn't reappear.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #7 - 03.10.2010 at 15:40:02

Oh no, that would be most ungentlemanlike! That is to say, just maybe in custom mansions. I've made one like that long ago, Orpheus Smiley (The unapproved version being, in my opinion, better than the approved one.)

Hmm, I had sent an update to Vern some time ago. I'll try and find out more about that.

IP Logged

Andy@RCM
Lost One

Eat Cheese - It's Good
For You! ;)

Leicestershire, UK
Reply #8 - 10.06.2011 at 03:56:03

Not sure if I have suddenly gone crap at games but only just purchased MM2 and struggling! Sad How do I get the first red key from the shiny room? Wink

Cheers
A

Mental about retro gaming! Wink
WWW https://www.facebook.com/AndyRCM  
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #9 - 10.06.2011 at 04:34:04

Hi Andy,

Can we get a room number please? Hit Command + D to show the room number at the top left of the screen.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print