Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Silent Night - Me on the piano (Read 8882 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Silent Night - Me on the piano
26.12.2010 at 13:50:16

For anyone interested in a small glimpse into my personal life, I've finally recorded something of me on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFKhkgZv3ko

I came up with this arrangement in about 2 hours last Monday, and recorded it in another 2 hours or so Christmas Eve. It still has parts I'm not happy with, but it's not bad, given the amount of time spent coming up with the arrangement and practicing.

I like to mess around on the piano, improvising (mostly on hymns), but so far haven't taken the time to turn anything into a coherent arrangement. Just fun ideas here and there. So this is my first arrangement I guess you could say. Perhaps there will be more in the future.

I've decided to invest in some entry-level audio recording equipment so I can get better sound quality next time.

-Vern

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Silent Night - Me on the piano
Reply #1 - 26.12.2010 at 13:51:45

Oh, and I almost forgot -- Merry Christmas everyone!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 26.12.2010 at 19:12:23

Wow, Vern, that is beautiful! I think you do a lot more than just "mess around" on the piano, you're very talented. Thanks for sharing that.

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #3 - 27.12.2010 at 05:15:04

Vern !  That was wonderful, and quite amazing actually, to hear all the beautiful backgrounds with the traditional piece.  You are very talented.

Thank you for this awesome Christmas Gift ! Smiley

Take care,

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 20.06.2011 at 21:07:53

Hey guys,
Vern asked me awhile back to put something I play up. So, recently I also took the initiative to record myself playing piano. Such a great instrument. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6x6AQy5fE&feature=channel_video_title

This is me playing one of my favourite piano compositions. Hope you enjoy it. Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - 20.06.2011 at 23:45:25

Ahhh, you finally learned it. Congrats!

While on there, I found your Blork vs. Xork. It was an entertaining watch. Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #6 - 21.06.2011 at 01:10:44

That's great, Anthony! Nice to see what you look like, too.
Smiley

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #7 - 21.06.2011 at 23:37:07

VernJensen wrote on 20.06.2011 at 23:45:25:
While on there, I found your Blork vs. Xork. It was an entertaining watch. Smiley

Haha, I made that when I was 9 or 10, a very long time ago.

Semi-Native wrote on 21.06.2011 at 01:10:44:
That's great, Anthony! Nice to see what you look like, too.
Smiley

I usually have more hair, I recently shaved it off for a drama production. Tongue

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #8 - 20.06.2014 at 08:46:22

VernJensen wrote on 26.12.2010 at 13:50:16:
For anyone interested in a small glimpse into my personal life, I've finally recorded something of me on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFKhkgZv3ko

I came up with this arrangement in about 2 hours last Monday, and recorded it in another 2 hours or so Christmas Eve. It still has parts I'm not happy with, but it's not bad, given the amount of time spent coming up with the arrangement and practicing.

-Vern

I realize this is a post from 2010, haha, but whatever, I just now found it for some reason. This is really awesome, Vern. Totally brought me to Christmas in the middle of June. In Vegas!

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #9 - 23.06.2014 at 13:54:16

Hey, good to hear from you Alan!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print