Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Finished :( (Read 17423 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Finished :(
Reply #10 - 16.02.2011 at 23:52:43

Hi everybody,

sorry for replying so late on this topic. (That shows you how busy I am at the moment and how rarely I log in to the forums these days).

In the meantime I have played ACID HOUSE* all through once, and I have even made improvements in about one third of the rooms already (though most of it was only "design issues"). I encountered no major problems, no J-stucks or anything - which is, after all, no wonder, as it was a contest mansion.
(BTW, I checked when it was originally built - and it dates from May 2007 - which makes it already almost 4 years old!!).

*One other important thing:  In earlier posts I have given the name of my own mansion wrong..... of course it is called ACID ROCK and not ACID HOUSE  (I knew it was a wordplay on a musical genre, though!!  Wink )  But as it is situated in a giant mountain (=rock) it makes much more sense that I had called it Acid Rock

As of your questions:
I had shortly thought about releasing it via the "unfinished mansions section", but decided against it, because
1. It isn't really "unfinished", it isn't even "untested"....and I feel I would diminish its worth by putting it up in that section.... and...
2. I know that sounds silly, but a few years ago I had 'promised' myself never to release a half-finished, or otherwise incomplete mansion, which would not be up to the standards set by my other (officially released) mansions.

So - as it seems you want something done fast - here's my suggestion:
I will finish the rest of the design improvements and do another last-minute check for any serious issues, but I will NOT add to the room number or otherwise improve the gameplay (as I had originally planned) and thus I'll be able to release it (officially) within about 8 days or so.

Would that be alright with you, Brell ?

I feel it's a nice little mansion as it is. It's certainly not one of my best and it is also reflecting my design abilities of ca. 4 years ago (when all the MM2 features were brand new etc.).... but it is also not the worst thing I have ever done, and I could really release it as it is now, without getting all red in the face.  Embarrassed  Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #11 - 17.02.2011 at 05:51:50

OK by me, aquaMat.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #12 - 17.02.2011 at 05:53:24

This Topic was moved here from Included Mansions by brell.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #13 - 18.02.2011 at 00:38:24

Hi aquaMat,

That's GREAT news ! 

My Jack and I can't wait to play another of your mansions, you have such great building style, and it's always a challenge !

Thanks,

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

cw
Lost One

Mesa,  AZ
Reply #14 - 18.02.2011 at 06:45:22

Wow, I kept hoping that aquamat's misfortune was not going to be his or our demise.  I am excited for another aquamat game.  Look forward to it.  I check daily for something new.

Best wishes........... cw

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #15 - 18.02.2011 at 18:33:23

Large or small, aquamansions always rock! Acid Rock in this case (sorry, bad pun  Grin )

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #16 - 20.02.2011 at 19:17:12

This Topic was moved here from MM2 Talk by brell.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #17 - 20.02.2011 at 20:20:21

Hi & thanks everybody !

Following my last post (and brell's OK) from February 16th, I decided to hurry up a bit and invested half a day to finish the design improvements in the remaining rooms of ACID ROCK. I have also found a few smaller issues where the gameplay could be improved and 'fixed' those.
Finally I added one new "secret" room.

Now.... I hope that was quick enough for you ?!
It definitely was quicker than I had anticipated myself, but when I saw that some of you are really waiting for this, I thought I'd better hurry.

I have already sent the release version of ACID ROCK to Brell, so it will be with you very very soon !!

Have fun with the ACID ROCK!

Maybe you put on some late 60s psychedelic album while you play it, say the 13th Floor Elevators, Electric Prunes or (Sid-era) Pink Floyd..... Acid Rock is - as most of my mansions - a "silent mansion", meaning the internal game music is turned off.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #18 - 20.02.2011 at 20:26:40

Thanks so much, aquaMat. I've downloaded and will play later today. Can't wait!
Grin

IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #19 - 07.03.2011 at 07:11:08

After realizing I was missing the 'blue gnome' (forgot what they're actually called), I went back today and was able to finish
Acid Rock
. Had a total of 17775 points and 100 percent of the secrets with 8 lives; but is it possible to get to those coins above the exit door in the main prize room? Tantalizing as all get out up there, but I couldn't figure how to get at them... Cry

Good mansion, Aquamat!  Smiley

Jim

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print