Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"A Fine Mess" is a FINE Mansion !!! (Read 12128 times)
SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
"A Fine Mess" is a FINE Mansion !!!
29.05.2011 at 01:43:10

Hi 2 Loons,

Really enjoyed this mansion, the size, the puzzles and the layout.  The skeleton was an added bonus !  Well done, can't wait to see more of your creations. 

Had a question, can Jack get to this gold coin in the lower right corner?

Picture_1_143.png (132 KB | 696 )
Picture_1_143.png

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: "A Fine Mess" is a FINE Mansion !!!
Reply #1 - 29.05.2011 at 01:44:52

Also, my poor Jack found out the hard way that the lantern he just landed on here was for decoration purposes only !!!  We had to start over from the last save point  Smiley

Picture_2_063.png (159 KB | 708 )
Picture_2_063.png

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Potential JS in A FINE MESS - also in room 16901
Reply #2 - 31.05.2011 at 07:49:34

Thanks for A FINE MESS:
This is the first time in several months that I actually had fun again playing MM. (For quite some time I hadn't been in the mood for playing, let alone designing mansions.)

I am only a few rooms beyond the 1st save so far - and I really like it a lot.

However I came onto a severe JS-situation in rooms 16301 / 16901.

After I had pulled the lever at the bottom right side of room #16301, I did accidentially die by falling from the ledge above the lever. Then I was reborn at the left (entrance) side of the room and this time I decided to explore the inside of the "skull" first - not knowing, of course, that this would lead me automatically down the pole....way down into room # 16901. 
(see pic 1)

In 16601 then, I was stuck - without a return path or even suicide left as an option, because I ended there WITHOUT having a red or blue key.
(see pic 2)

This is always the inherent danger when using those poles, that players might take them too early in the game and then can not return.
You should only use a pole when you have made sure that a player has definitely picked up all necessary items first - for example by putting it at the end of a given route. OR: you must include a return path / option.

BTW: In one other, earlier room I encountered a cheap death situation, but I forgot the room number.

Apart from that - and judged by the rooms I have seen so far - this is a very well designed mansion, with the right degree of easier vs. harder spots, amount of money supplied and suspense level.

Well done !

Room_16301.jpg (219 KB | 699 )
Room_16301.jpg
Room_16901.jpg (199 KB | 728 )
Room_16901.jpg

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 06.06.2011 at 23:39:01

In the meantime I found one or two more lethal Jack-stucks.... and one more "Point of no return - Scenario" (comparable to the pole-situation below).

Unfortunately I have forgotten to write down the room numbers, so I have to replay from save 1 and hope it happens again....
Then I'll come back here w/ the details.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 06.06.2011 at 23:42:14

SandyBean wrote on 29.05.2011 at 01:44:52:
Also, my poor Jack found out the hard way that the lantern he just landed on here was for decoration purposes only !!!  We had to start over from the last save point  Smiley

Wow....how did you manage to get to where that lantern is ??

(I wondered myself - when I visited this room for the first time - if the designer expects us to collect this lantern.... but then decided it was put there for design purposes and ignored it).

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #5 - 07.06.2011 at 00:35:45

Hi aquaMat,

My Jack jumped down from the room above !  Very daring boy if I do say so myself, always getting into trouble  Grin

Take care,

SandyBean   Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #6 - 26.10.2012 at 04:05:59

Tough & tricky mansion, it's great.  However, I seem to be stuck in room 16903.
Pls see pic.  My Jack can't figure out how to get down.  He dies if he tries to land on the moving yellow brick.  There is no lever up there to change the yellow blocks.  Hmm?

Picture_5_008.png (207 KB | 669 )
Picture_5_008.png

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #7 - 26.10.2012 at 04:56:58

Room 14695 - Jack Stuck.  The bat mobile sank without Jack.  See pic.

I have found quite a few glitches in this game which I didn't post bcos I noticed that the designer did not respond to others who left comments.  Hmmm?

Picture_3_038.png (175 KB | 651 )
Picture_3_038.png

Missy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print