Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fun Mansion! (Read 17341 times)
MTGA
Wanderer

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Fun Mansion!
24.07.2011 at 23:29:47

having great fun exploring the Yellow Submarine -- a big  thanks to SandyBean for such a terrific mansion!

unfortunately, Jack's pretty stuck right now - he is in room 15100, hanging on to the vine for dear life and if he jumps right he lands on a short vine (room 15101) with nowhere to go except to jump again and fall to his death.  it seems impossible to jump up on to the platform to proceed.  any hints?

two other small things -- 

room 16091 seems like it should be dark until Jack retrieves the lamp, but Jack can see everything when he enters the room for the first time.

heading back from the save in 15698, as Jack enters room 15702 it seems impossible (although maybe Jack is not being smart enough??) to avoid being killed because the snakes move in so fast with not quite enough space to jump between them. 

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: Fun Mansion!
Reply #1 - 25.07.2011 at 03:15:12

Hi MTGA !

So good to hear someone is playing it, and Enjoying it !!!  Thanks so much MTGA  Cool

Watch the bird in 15100 for a hint on how to proceed.  You are correct, that going right to the next room is not an option !  Roll Eyes

Alas, 16091... despite numerous attempts, retries, and other manipulations, I was never able to get this room to stay dark.  During testing in the mansion builder, it is dark, but not during game play. (if anyone has help for this, please let me know !!!)

Yes, 15702 is a true test of Jack's prowess at avoiding those snakes.  It can be done, but one must have lightening quick fingers ! 

Hope that helps MTGA, and please don't hesitate if you have any questions or comments !! Smiley

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 25.07.2011 at 03:38:32

I'm having a lot of fun with it, too. I missed part of the sky section and have a lot more secrets to uncover. Very challenging, but very enjoyable.

Thanks, SandyBean!
Cheesy

IP Logged

MTGA
Wanderer

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #3 - 27.07.2011 at 03:40:00

ooooh...... tricky.  i appreciate the hint.  finally got it and made it through all the way to the end. 

really enjoyed the mansion, all of the different sections were a good mix of straightforward and more challenging.  they kept me going for quite a while. 
thanks, again, for all your time and effort. 

one other small thing in ROOM 16302 - when coming down the vine from above, a small step to the left causes Jack to fall to his death. 

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #4 - 27.07.2011 at 11:20:24

Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you found all the lovely treasure to be had !

I apologize for the vine in 16302, the mansion's wonderful beta testers did find that, and I thought I had fixed it !!!  It is fixed now in case there will be an update  Smiley

BTW:  If any of you are finding your Jack is just having too hard of a time on things, there will be an easy version coming !

Thanks,

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Pacific NW Washington State
Reply #5 - 28.07.2011 at 09:37:03

I'm having a good time but I just can't get above the 3 vines in 15650. I was trying to jump up on the rock from the left vine but no luck. I don't know how many times I've restarted. This is a very fun mansion. It has some clever things I've never seen. I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #6 - 28.07.2011 at 11:43:52

Hi iRock !

Really thrilled to hear you found some new twists, as MM2 is still so very young and with so many neat building options, I'm sure there will be many innovative things being designed and discovered.

I'm very sorry, but I couldn't find a room #15650, perhaps you were thinking of the one MTGA mentioned here in previous post?  Huh

Please let me know,

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Reply #7 - 28.07.2011 at 12:13:45

LOL this is too funny. I posted my score. I thought it sounded like he described. The numbers were so close I noted the score instead of the room. I'll try again.  Shocked   Thanks

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 28.07.2011 at 12:24:31

... I looked to the bird for the clue. I don't see one. I'm a sight.

IP Logged

iRock
Wanderer

Reply #9 - 28.07.2011 at 12:59:12

I went back to the save and tried it again. There was the bird. It was what I had tried over and over but just couldn't advance. Finally I DID IT! Got to go back to play. See ya later.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print