Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Moving blocks - puzzle or bug? (Read 11409 times)
oaktable
Lost One

Moving blocks - puzzle or bug?
29.07.2011 at 01:31:05

I have been playing YS, thanks for all your hard work SandyBean.  The scenes are really clever and beautifully made.

In at least three different places, it seems that there is a moving block that you absolutely need to proceed further, and if you accidentally trigger it (or trigger it and then fall off) you have no option but to start over from the last save because, even though the block's movement is repeated (once) if you leave and re-enter a room, you re-enter at a point that is too far away to get to the moving block.  One strike and you're out.  Having missed each of these blocks after making a lot of progress (thus wiping that progress out because you have to start over) it is intensely frustrating, to the point that, having encountered the third such block this morning, I have given up.  Is this just me, or is it  Undecideda bug, or is there some workaround or puzzle I am missing?

I am speaking of the brown block that lifts you from the upper landing to the next level in 15488   ; the hidden white block that lifts you to the next level in 15095; and the horizontally moving block next the vine in 14692.  Each of these appears and moves once and once only, when triggered, unless you leave the room; but when you re-enter it is impossible (not difficult - impossible) to get to the already-moving block in time for its once-daily departure.   Undecided

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Re: Moving blocks - puzzle or bug?
Reply #1 - 29.07.2011 at 16:56:28

Hi oaktable-

15488: that happened to me once during beta testing but then never again. Not sure.

15095 and 14692: these are harder jumps but the platforms should keep appearing once you find the secret triggers (whether you leave the room or not.)

SandyBean or beta testers??

IP Logged

mapman
Explorer

London, England
Reply #2 - 29.07.2011 at 17:28:05

14692, 15095, 15488 - I didn't encounter any problems with these rooms during beta testing.

I've just downloaded the released version of the mansion and tested them in the Mansion Level Builder. 14692 and 15095 seem to work fine.

I had the same problem as oaktable in 15488. The upper brown block appears and takes you up to 15288 if you jump on it - but that presupposes that you know it's there! If you ride it down again it disappears and Jack is left in 15488.

I started out with nothin' and I've still got most of it left.

IP Logged

oaktable
Lost One

Reply #3 - 29.07.2011 at 22:11:08

Thank you very much for your replies!  Very odd - the problem definitely exists in the version I have downloaded, in all three rooms mentioned.  Perhaps I need to re-download the game completely?

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #4 - 30.07.2011 at 09:08:01

Hi oaktable,

I apologize for the delay in responding, it's been a frantic, and harrowing couple of days with our beloved dog Murphy having complicated surgery.  Thank you very much Josephine and Mapman for taking a look at things.

Your frustration is totally understandable, and for sure my Jack would be really upset if he only got one chance at a moving block, and even at a top run, couldn't possibly get there in time !!! Smiley

After checking and rechecking the three rooms in the builder, I cannot replicate this problem in these three rooms.  In 15488, on the top wooden staircase moving block, Jack does need to re-enter the room from one of the two choices below, and this was intended, but the other moving blocks you mention in 15095 and 14692 seem to be reappearing consistently for me in the builder. 

I would suggest re downloading the mansion and see if this fixes the glitch.  Your saves will be kept, so you can start where you wish.  Would be good to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Over the next little while, I will play the mansion in the version that was uploaded to MM, and see if I can find anything odd.

Thanks so much,  and crossing my fingers, and Jack's toes, that re uploading will help!

SandyBean  Smiley 

IP Logged

oaktable
Lost One

Reply #5 - 01.08.2011 at 02:57:16

Thanks SandyBean - I'll give that a try.  I hope all is well with the pooch.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #6 - 01.08.2011 at 11:28:20

Thanks so much Oaktable, things are still pretty hectic with our dog Murphy as my hubby and I  try to adjust to the round the clock care he needs.

Just wondering if anyone else is having troubles (and also good to hear from people that they are working normally) with any moving blocks not performing as usual (specifically Rm #'s 15488, 15095 or 14692).  They should all keep moving once triggered, and for sure re-animate once you leave the room and come back. 

Thanks !
SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Veronika
Wanderer

Slovenia
Reply #7 - 01.08.2011 at 19:53:11

Hello SandyBean. First: a really cool mansion I love it! Wink
But I, too have serious problems with moving blocks. Not just in the rooms mentioned before ( 15488, 15095 etc ) but EVERY platform that is moving between the rooms is a problem ( NOT the bat ones, those work fine it's just the 'regular' blocks that takes you from one room to another) Every time the platform just goes to the next room once, so If you can't catch it you're done...
I downloaded the mansion one more time, the glitch is still here and also all my previous saves very erased ( well not erased they just couldn't be opened )   so I had to start again.
I'm playing on Mac. Hope  we can figure it out what's happening. I do like this mansion but in the current state is just not playable  Cry 

You Jacked my day... thank you ever so much!!

IP Logged

MTGA
Wanderer

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #8 - 01.08.2011 at 21:19:41

fyi - i did not have any problems with the three triggered moving blocks.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #9 - 02.08.2011 at 03:49:12

OK, this is totally weird  Smiley

Veronika, thanks for explaining really well what you are encountering.  So this is happening for some people for sure on the moving blocks and for you on Every moving block !. 

I have no clue what's going on.  I'm not hugely computer savvy, and don't understand why for some the moving blocks are working ok, not for others, and I apologize for not knowing how to fix it immediately.   Questioning

I've not yet had time to play the mansion in game mode from MM download, but I will ask for help from the beta testers also on this.  I have gone into the MM downloaded version in the builder, and they work properly. Still dealing with a very time consuming recuperating dog who's not giving me a moment's rest !  Smiley

Hopefully we can get this resolved, I can understand how it would be frustrating, and it really is a smoothly flowing mansion but would not be with this glitch  Undecided

Thanks for your input and patience !  Also if ANYBODY has any advice or suggestions as to what might be going on, please feel free to share  Smiley

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print