Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trying to start House of Baron Hard (Read 7244 times)
jimbo52
Wanderer

Midnight Mansion is the
best!

Rhode Island USA
trying to start House of Baron Hard
07.10.2011 at 06:51:20

When trying to start House of Baron Garneau Hard, I get a fatal error
Error code: 303
File :Newsprite.c
function: loadpixelmaskpictsprites
line:647
running on macbook air 1.6GHz Intel Core i5

bolton52  
IP Logged

pleomax
Lost One

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Re: trying to start House of Baron Hard
Reply #1 - 09.10.2011 at 17:07:09

The same happens on a MacBook Pro 13'' (IC2Duo) with OS X 10.6.8:

IP Logged

MTGA
Wanderer

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #2 - 09.10.2011 at 22:30:36

had the same problem (reported in a post in Included Mansions topic a week or so ago).   Vern replied that the problem has been corrected in the updated version of MM HD that will be available soon in the App store.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #3 - 09.10.2011 at 22:44:10

This is fixable. What happened here is a fairly common occurrence when "converting" old mansions to the new game. When the old mansion editor creates preview images for a room (normally only used in the editor, but saved in the mansion), these images are saved under a 'Pict' directory within the mansion. The new version of the game has problems with these images and displays the error message you posted. All you have to do is delete the 'Pict' directory and the mansion will play fine. I just tested it to be sure.

Here's what I did. I went to the following folder/directory:

/Applications/Midnight Mansion 1.0.1b1.app/Contents/Resources/Game Data/Mansions/House of Baron Garneau Hard

Then deleted the 'Pict' directory. If you're nervous about doing this, then move it someplace else temporarily so you can restore it later if you want.

Restart the game and try the mansion. You should now be able to play the mansion.
« Last Edit: 10.10.2011 at 08:04:49 by Rob Seegel »  

IP Logged

jimbo52
Wanderer

Midnight Mansion is the
best!

Rhode Island USA
Reply #4 - 10.10.2011 at 01:21:50

Rob Seegel wrote on 09.10.2011 at 22:44:10:
This is fixable.
Here's what I did. I went to the following folder/directory:

/Applications/Midnight Mansion 1.0.1b1.app/Contents/Resources/Game Data/Mansions/House of Baron Garneau Hard

Then deleted the 'Pict' directory. If you're nervous about doing this, then move it someplace else temporarily so you can restore it later if you want.

Restart the game and try the mansion. You should now be able to play the mansion.

Sorry to report the above folder is not "findable" on the MacBook Air.  Well at least not by me:-) of course I have only had the machine for a few weeks

bolton52  
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #5 - 10.10.2011 at 01:32:58

jimbo52 wrote on 10.10.2011 at 01:21:50:
Rob Seegel wrote on 09.10.2011 at 22:44:10:
the following folder/directory:

Sorry to report the above folder is not "findable" on the MacBook Air.  Well at least not by me:-) of course I have only had the machine for a few weeks

It's hidden, if you right-click (command-click) on the icon for the game icon wherever you have it, you can (should be able to) choose "show package contents", and then the folders should be accessible

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #6 - 10.10.2011 at 04:30:19

Olle the Greatest wrote on 10.10.2011 at 01:32:58:
(command-click) on the icon for the game icon wherever you have it, you can (should be able to) choose "show package contents", and then the folders should be accessible

Exactly right. I forgot about that little detail - sorry. Incidentally, it won't matter whether you have a MacBook Air or not. That's what I was using when I first tested it.  Also, Go to Folder... from Finder would have allowed you to jump there directly assuming it was installed in the same location as mine.

IP Logged

jimbo52
Wanderer

Midnight Mansion is the
best!

Rhode Island USA
Reply #7 - 10.10.2011 at 04:52:04

Thanks Olle & Rob,  I learned a new trick today:-)
Best and Kindest Regards
jim

bolton52  
IP Logged

Alan
Lost One

Reply #8 - 12.10.2011 at 01:18:06

Great fix guys, thanks. If anyone still seems to have problems after applying it starting up from the Episode 2 icon instead of Episode 1 did the business for me.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #9 - 13.10.2011 at 01:46:54

This issue is fixed in the 1.0.1 update, which Apple has *still* not approved, even though submitted weeks ago. Sigh.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print