Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Midnight Mansion HD Public Beta - ActionSoft version (Read 9380 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Midnight Mansion HD Public Beta - ActionSoft version
15.10.2011 at 05:38:26

Hey folks,

I think I've *finally* finished porting over the registration code system (it's a lot more involved than you might think), so that the ActionSoft-distributed version of Midnight Mansion HD can finally be released! But I need your help testing it. Before it goes public early next week, there is a "public beta" here that you can try out.

www.actionsoft.com/files/temp/MidnightMansionHD1.0.1beta1.zip

First, if you owned the original Midnight Mansion, you can get your free Episode 2 code by using this form:

http://www.actionsoft.com/support/get_free_EP2_code.php

I discovered while working on the game that it won't work to let users enter their original codes into the HD version, but fortunately the form above makes it fairly easy to get a free Episode 2 code, by entering your original Midnight Mansion code into the form. I'd love you to test this and let me know how it works for you.

Also, please test the form above entering in any other registration codes you have, such as Insectoid codes or Midnight Mansion 2 codes. Make sure it does *not* give you an Episode 2 code from these!

For testing the game itself, making sure that your new Episode 2 code unlocks Episode 2 within the game when you type it in. Please also test copy and paste. You should be able to select and copy your entire "Registered To / Registration Code" email or web page that has your new code, and when you start up the game, push Buy Now and then Enter Code, and it should automatically be filled out for you!

Please test and make sure that entering *other* codes into the game, like a MM2 code, or an Insectoid code, or an *original* MM1 code, does not work.

You can do repeated tests by deleting the license code files AND the "Episode data" files in:

/Library/Application Support/ActionSoft/Midnight Mansion

These files will be re-created when you launch a paid version of the game (such as a purchased version from the Mac app store) OR you enter a registration code for one of the episodes.

-Vern

IP Logged

Alan
Lost One

Re: Midnight Mansion HD Public Beta - ActionSoft version
Reply #1 - 15.10.2011 at 17:45:23

My original MM1 code worked just fine with the form. When I tried the MM2 one, it (politely Smiley) rejected my request. All well there. I'll get round to trying the beta later.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 15.10.2011 at 18:17:00

The MM HD 1.0.1 started fine without any new code. I could also access episode 2 without any code! Should I have deleted something first?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 15.10.2011 at 19:57:29

I could not access episode 2 without the code.  Entering the code, however, worked fine.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #4 - 17.10.2011 at 11:46:07

Yes Rose, if you've already purchased Episode 1 and 2 on the Mac App Store, this version will be fully "unlocked" too. What you could do is go into

Library / Application Support / ActionSoft / Midnight Mansion /

and delete the "Episode 1 Data" and "Episode 2 Data" files. (Or just the one for Episode 2.) This will make it require the registration codes from ActionSoft to work. To restore the files, just run the Mac App Store versions of both Episode 1 and 2 again, and the files will be re-created.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 17.10.2011 at 12:15:26

Sorry Vern, I will not buy from the App Store. I do not like the ApptSores way of doing things and do not want my card connected to it.

IP Logged

Alan
Lost One

Reply #6 - 17.10.2011 at 16:09:18

Couldn't access MMHD2 without the new code. Worked as it should.

IP Logged

Alan
Lost One

Reply #7 - 17.10.2011 at 16:17:55

VernJensen wrote on 17.10.2011 at 11:46:07:
To restore the files, just run the Mac App Store versions of both Episode 1 and 2 again, and the files will be re-created.

I deleted both files and then couldn't run the Apps again. Had to delete them and re-download from the App Store. This was really no big deal but was not quite as simple for me as you say.

Edit OK,, scratch that. I needed to delete the whole Library having removed the Player info and Suspended games etc before it worked. This would almost certainly have worked with out reinstalling the Apps.

IP Logged

mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Reply #8 - 18.10.2011 at 08:19:30

Here I am, again confused. Sad

I never owned MM1. I played it on a a friend's computer. I do own a copy of MM2.

I do want the copy of MM HD (1 and 2) that you offered to us beta testers, though.

Am I mixing apples and oranges here?

What I THINK you're saying is to enter the MM1 code to get the MM1 HD code?  How will that work for people like me?

Also, like Rose, I will not use the App Store.

Smiley Again, I'm thrilled to "earn" a copy of MM1 HD with the beta testing work and appreciate the opportunity.

Thanks.. and apologies if I've gone off the rails and am misunderstanding.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #9 - 18.10.2011 at 08:42:23

Alan -- you shouldn't have to delete the whole folder in Library / Application Support. What happens when you try to run the Mac App Store version after deleting the "Episode 1 Data" files? Do you get any error message at all? Does the game quit instantly after attempted launch? What appears in your Console after it fails to start up?

Mick -- got your email and I'll be sending you a code shortly that will unlock the entire game. If any other beta testers want a code, contact me by my email! Thanks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print