Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Tomb of Princes Easy Secrets (Read 50149 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: Tomb of Princes Easy Secrets
Reply #20 - 21.11.2011 at 21:56:18

Yep. I understand and respect Vern's point of view. When he created MM ladder jumps where never meant to be.

On the other hand there were/are so many custom mansions with this trick, that with changing this possibility, so much repairs should have been needed. Shocked

So okay for the two ways. Besides that beginning players may be very surprised in the CMs. Like I was in ToP easy when a jump didn't work. Sad

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #21 - 21.11.2011 at 22:43:49

Freddy wrote on 21.11.2011 at 19:00:01:
2.Glow around keys work in both ways. Like in ToP easy it may be used as a hint. But for builders it will be more complicated to hide keys. (Although conservative builders will say that keys are not supposed to be hided. Since, if there hided, there is not a clear puzzle anymore.)

When the HD builder is released the glowing will be optional.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

miltrump
Lost One

Reply #22 - 22.11.2011 at 08:59:46

Haven't found them yet, but now at least I know where to look.  Will let you know.

IP Logged

miltrump
Lost One

Reply #23 - 22.11.2011 at 09:38:05

Found the two before the second save.  Still missing one.  Sad

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #24 - 22.11.2011 at 23:14:25

Miltrump, look carefully around the rooms to the left of the looong pole.

IP Logged

miltrump
Lost One

Reply #25 - 23.11.2011 at 07:47:00

I found 4 of them to left of the long pole.  I think I've jumped into every wall I could find.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #26 - 23.11.2011 at 15:47:36

No wall jumping needed  Wink

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #27 - 24.11.2011 at 09:30:30

Freddy wrote on 21.11.2011 at 19:00:01:
2.Glow around keys work in both ways. Like in ToP easy it may be used as a hint. But for builders it will be more complicated to hide keys. (Although conservative builders will say that keys are not supposed to be hided. Since, if there hided, there is not a clear puzzle anymore.)

If  you get the latest version of the Level Builder (1.2.2) there is an option to turn off shadows and glows for keys and coins, I think on both a per-mansion basis, and individually. I think.

www.actionsoft.com/files/mm/LevelBuilder1.2.2.zip

It does not run on Lion however, and you must "export" mansions to the HD format after editing. It adds to the work, but it's still at least possible to edit mansions if you have OS X 10.6 or earlier. See the FAQ (linked elsewhere on the forums) for info on how to export to the HD format.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #28 - 24.11.2011 at 09:33:08

Okay I just checked, and you can disable coin glows, key glows, and shadows on a per-room basis, AND for an entire mansion at once.

This is available *now*, using the 1.2.2 version of the level builder linked to above. Brell, feel free to post this link to any other thread you feel is appropriate so more people know about it. I must have forgotten to publicize this?

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #29 - 24.11.2011 at 09:34:34

Oh and also, it would be good for custom mansion designers to use the new abilities in the 1.2.2 editor to fix problems in their mansions with the HD version. (For instance, some bricks that are used to hide things and cast shadows that shouldn't -- shadows should be disabled in these rooms.)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print