Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Signs causing crashes (Read 19612 times)
mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Signs causing crashes
04.12.2011 at 18:01:41

Signs cause a for-real crash.

The screenshot is just for emphasis. In the beginning of the mansion, every sign causes a crash/application unexpectedly quit.  Later in the mansion, the signs don't cause crashes.  Go figure. Wink

Also, Leon, some of the signs in your mansions with a lot of text are cut off; they seem to need scrolling and that's not happening.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Signs causing crashes
Reply #1 - 04.12.2011 at 18:30:49

Mick, are you sure you are in House of Wonders by Freddy?  If so, where is the room you are in?  Why are you addressing Leon, who did not make HoW?

The most important question is, though:  Where did you find signs in HoW?  I don't recall any sign in that mansion.

Cool

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 04.12.2011 at 18:34:08

This looks like Palais Pompomrouge(sp?), is that right? If so, which version, so we can move this topic.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 04.12.2011 at 18:43:01

But Leon did not make PP, right?  Besides, there should not be any sign problems in PP.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 04.12.2011 at 19:03:03

Checked both PP and Temple of the Gorgons by Leon (the only CM by Leon).  Signs work fine in both mansions but there is a problem with a missing music file in TotG HD (a warning comes up but the game does not crash).

So it would be very nice to know which custom mansion Mick is referring to.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #5 - 04.12.2011 at 22:09:01

I just checked, and it was leo (not Leon) that made both Palais Pompomrouge mansions, plus Jacques' Revenge parts I and II. Maybe it's one of the Jacques?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 04.12.2011 at 23:11:58

Nope.  All signs in Leo's mansions seem to be OK.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 04.12.2011 at 23:18:41

This Topic was moved here from House of Wonders by brell.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #8 - 04.12.2011 at 23:23:58

How did you check them, Brell? There was something strange we were seeing with certain characters resulting in problems. I thought it had been fixed, but maybe something was missed. It wasn't like some of the other sign issues where it was easy to spot, unless you were playing it with the new game. I think it had to do with line ending characters (carriage return/line feed).

I know Vern had a fix for it but he's had some really frustrating issues getting patches out through the App store. The fix may not have made it out.

It's been a while but I thought I'd written a script to detect the problem - and maybe even fix it. Just to reiterate, was the problem found in HoW, mick, or a different mansion?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #9 - 04.12.2011 at 23:25:25

OK.  This seems to be Jacques' Revenge part I.  Leo uses a lot of text in some sign and at least in the HD the text sometimes is cut off as Mick puts it at the bottom of the sign.

Also, Leo seems to have used the space bar (or perhaps tab) to center the text on some signs or at least to move it horizontally on the sign away from the left border of the sign.  This causes the HD to crash.

Either Leo must fix this or Vern must change the HD so it can read signs like this.

There are lots and lots of signs in Leo's mansions and I am not going to spend my time to checked them ll whether they need to be adjusted or not.  We must wait for Leo to do so (whenever he reads this post).

The question to the admins is:  Shall we remove this mansion from the HD list (and perhaps all of Leo's mansions) until it is fixed?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print