Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Look what I found, hope this helps with Mac tekkie issues. (Read 3346 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Look what I found, hope this helps with Mac tekkie issues.
06.01.2012 at 07:01:44

Hi All,

I found a great web site designed by Phil Stokes the Apple Help & Doc Writer who is, (quote from his web page):

I am a technical communicator specializing in writing help, tutorials and documentation for software products that run on Mac OS, iOS, and X11, and I’m particularly interested in cross-platform software that needs Mac-specific documentation. I also advise on Mac usability, software architecture and design issues for ported software interfaces.

Maybe he could help with some tekkie questions.  Check out his site at:  http://applehelpwriter.com/

I think he's in the UK so allow for time difference.  He's great at responding immediately during working hours.
His Tutorials are so easy to follow too.  Great web page, very user friendly.

I hope that some of you will find answers to your tekkie problems.

I asked him about DivX, but that is not his area of expertise.

Also, check out his "Free Download" tab.  He really does know what to recommend & what to avoid and why.

In the Uninstall MacKeeper thread, I learned about the Free Download called "Easy Find".  This is such an amazing app.  It's everything that Spotlight should be and isn't.  You have no idea how many hidden folders I found in a blink of an eye, even tho Finder & Spotlight showed none.

Easy Find Download:  http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11076/easyfind
Easy Find Home Page:  http://www.devontechnologies.com/products/freeware/

Alternative: Feel free to have a look at Thomas Tempelmann's "Find Any File". In contrast to EasyFind you'll get a hierarchical result list, you can search as "root" user, search after date ranges and file sizes, and save searches and re-run them later. 

"Find Any File" by Thomas Tempelmann's download link:    http://itunes.apple.com/app/find-any-file/id402569179?mt=12

If your going to try "Easy Find", just remember to check off a few things.  See pic below.

Notice the "All Volumes" window with the drop down arrow, located in the upper right, under the magnifying glass.  I'm just experimenting with this app., and I think that "All Volumes" covers everything.  Once things are found, you just click on a line & then click "Reveal in Finder".  Wow, so easy.
Next, if you don't want to play around & just want to delete everything, just go to the the Mac Edit button & click select all & then click the red circle "Delete" in the Easy Finder and your done.  It will only remove what it is showing in the list.  If you chose to only search Hard Drive or Home File, then that is only where it will delete from.  That's why I am using "All Volumes".
Oh, and check out the Settings button too.

btw:  Avoid the MacKeeper.  It's always crashing & does not remove everything like the Easy Find does.

« Last Edit: 09.01.2012 at 01:48:47 by Missy »  

Picture_1_147.png (65 KB | 388 )
Picture_1_147.png

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Look what I found, hope this helps with Mac tekkie issues.
Reply #1 - 09.01.2012 at 03:07:01

THIS IS A MUST READ:  Regarding using the "All Volumes" selected window.

I found the below post to my posts in this link:
http://applehelpwriter.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malware/#commen...

Al Varnell | January 6, 2012 at 4:03 am
“You should have ‘All Volumes’ selected there.”

Be careful with that. If one of those volumes is a backup, especially a TimeMachine volume, you will almost certainly damage it if you start moving files around on it, making it worthless. The only way to get rid of copies on your TM is to locate the original file on your hard drive (reveal in Finder), enter TimeMachine and use the “Delete” action (gear in the menu bar). If you have already moved or deleted the file from your hard drive and don’t know where it was originally, then you are better off leaving it on the TM volume where it will eventually be deleted anyway. If you ever have to restore from the TM, just run through the directions here before you do anything else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't use Time Machine, so this will not affect me, but I strongly suggest that those that do use Time Machine do more homework if they are going to use the
"All Volumes" selection.

Missy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print