Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Wish you a new Mansion Builder up to 10.7 ?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Absolutely nessecary!    
  8 (80.0%)
Perhaps ... But welcome    
  2 (20.0%)
Not really, but ok!    
  0 (0.0%)
No need of this crap!    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: gonzo on: 11.04.2012 at 04:21:12 »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me... (Read 79223 times)
gonzo
Lost One

I love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members

Bielefeld, Germany
At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me...
10.04.2012 at 23:38:08

Hi there,

today I downloaded the DoD mansion which was not HD ready. So I got "Rezycle" and converted the original mansion. I know, that the graphics (picts) are not HD ready, but I love this mansion for the music and the hidden tricks in it!
So what about the Music? If you want to hear the great DoD
background music, you have to convert the mp3's to .ogg files (I did it with Amadeus Pro) and put them in the Music folder inside the MM App. (Right click on the application -> show package and then into Contents->Resources->Game Data->Music.
So it works great and I'm enjoying this great mansion with great background music.
(ok, it's a lot more fun with the individual pics, but this seems to be much more work)
Best,
gonzo

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me...
Reply #1 - 11.04.2012 at 00:22:12

Thanks for the how-to, gonzo. I love that mansion, too.

IP Logged

gonzo
Lost One

game and all members

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #2 - 11.04.2012 at 04:21:12

Hi,

since MM HD released, the building of customized mansions is going to "nothing"! So I decide to make a poll to see what YOU say about this... see ABOVE!!!!

IP Logged

gonzo
Lost One

game and all members

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #3 - 11.04.2012 at 04:29:42

Semi-Native wrote on 11.04.2012 at 00:22:12:

Thanks! ... It's very sad, that since the realease of MM1 HD no one can build new mansions with "Lion" ... I believe that most people go to "Lion" and waiting for  ... nothing??? ---

I'm astonished, that a real living and working community fall asleep!

... or is this a false analysis ...

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 11.04.2012 at 20:39:05

The reason why we didn't include DoD in the HD ready mansions list is that it had both custom music AND custom graphic (Jack's shirt at least).  If everything is working OK we might reconsider.  Are there absolutely no complications regarding music and graphics?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

gonzo
Lost One

game and all members

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #5 - 11.04.2012 at 23:34:06

brell wrote on 11.04.2012 at 20:39:05:
The reason why we didn't include DoD in the HD ready mansions list is that it had both custom music AND custom graphic (Jack's shirt at least).  If everything is working OK we might reconsider.  Are there absolutely no complications regarding music and graphics?

See below please! so: Music ok, Gameplay ok (some signboards are not working), but NO individual graphics.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 29.04.2012 at 01:31:13

gonzo wrote on 11.04.2012 at 04:29:42:
Semi-Native wrote on 11.04.2012 at 00:22:12:

Thanks! ... It's very sad, that since the realease of MM1 HD no one can build new mansions with "Lion" ... I believe that most people go to "Lion" and waiting for  ... nothing??? ---

I'm astonished, that a real living and working community fall asleep!

... or is this a false analysis ...

Hello everybody,

after a very long time I traveled to our (once so beloved) forums and found this discussion.

1. Concerning Gonzo's quote above:
When the HD version of the game was publicly beta-tested on these pages (by volunteers of our community) I couldn't take part, because back then I didn't yet have a modern Mac with Lion or Snow Leopard. I was still using a G5 Power Mac with Mac OS 10.4.11.
BUT ALSO I found out about that beta-testing only when it was already well under way (because I had been visiting the forums not as often as I used to).....and nobody had ever asked me to check my mansions for HD-compatibility, which I found a bit strange, considering how many custom-mansions I had designed.

I didn't even fully understand what the HD-version was about until much later (!!) and only when I finally bought a MacBook running Lion in December 2011 I discovered that there is no more Mansion Level Design Editor available for that system.

So yes, I feel very much that what was once a vibrant, active community is pretty much falling apart. Jesus, I used to log in to these pages at least once a day in the old times....  and even if my inactivity here is partly due to personal health issues (during the last year or so) there's also another reason for it, which I might desribe as the "loss of that communal feeling" or whatever.....

Add to that the fact that nobody's building new mansions anymore - and we're having a pretty sad situation. (BTW: I have at least 3 or 4 nearly or half-finished MM2 mansions which I can't finish at the moment, plus ca. 2 old-style MM1 mansions that are somewhere between half-finished and playable - but which won't make much sense to finish, I reckon).

I wish I had a fully working HD-version, so I could test a few of my old mansions (using that workaround)....

2. Discotheque Of Doom
Discotheque Of Doom is a rather 'old' mansion of mine - and the first one where I ever used custom-graphics (and also my own music). I'm pleased to hear - after all this time - that there seem to be a few people out there who still like it. I remember I was pretty proud of it when I finished it.

But you know what:  I had no idea that it has been left out of the HD-ready list. Again - I have never been contacted about any of my mansions and their "HD-readyness". Maybe I could have helped - either with information or (since December 2011) with some (re-design) work or anything.

I - personally - find it rather odd (maybe understandably so, after the hundreds of hours that we, as mansion designers, have put into this game) that a Windows-port of MM is higher on the agenda than a Lion-compatible Level Editor.
After all - for us as proud longtime Mac users, Windows always was the 'enemy'.....!

On the other hand - there (still) are far more Windows users out there than Mac users, and Vern surely deserves to sell his game to some of them.
I only hope he doesn't wait too long with creating the Lion-compatible Level Editor .... cause one day someone might log in here and will find that all the old designers have gone and the once glorious MM spirit will have evaporated, like dust in the wind.
Cry     Cool

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 29.04.2012 at 01:58:23

gonzo wrote on 11.04.2012 at 23:34:06:
See below please! so: Music ok, Gameplay ok (some signboards are not working), but NO individual graphics.

One other thing:

Everybody who knows me a bit is probably aware that one of the things I really don't like that much is if other people are messin' about with my mansion designs.

In this case it's a bit different of course - since I wasn't aware of any of these issues  I think it's good that Gonzo has made the effort and tried to make DoD playable in HD.

BUT - I have now read that he managed to get everything working except the custom graphics.  As far as I remember the custom graphics (even if there wasn't that many and it was my first foray into custom graphics) were quite essential to the feel, look and gameplay of DoD.

So I'm not quite sure how much 'fun' this adapted version really is - compared to the fully-working non-HD version.... I might have to play the original version again to re-aquaint myself with it.

However, what would be needed to make the custom-graphics visible in that adapted-HD version?

Would it really be only possible with a Lion Level Editor.
Or could that "Recycle-Workaround" - which I'm afraid I have not yet fully understood - help to make all custom graphics work?

BTW: The BBB issues are probably more related to that old BBB-bug that we know for a few years now - where some BBB's that once were perfectly okay are suddenly not working correctly anymore.
I had it in several non-HD mansions, and I never discovered any method to that madness !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #8 - 29.04.2012 at 03:35:22

Hi aquaMat, it's great to hear from you. I agree with what you said about the community falling off drastically because of a lack of the level editor. There's also a compatibility problem with the old mansions under Lion, I believe. Which is why I've stuck with Snow Leopard, at least I can still play ALL the custom mansions with the original MM.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #9 - 29.04.2012 at 05:55:52

Hi Aquamat and All ~

I have to say, the forums have been quiet, and myself I have been very frustrated not to be able to play any of AquaMats CM's in HD.  Back when all the mansions that were transformed for HD, there were some that required special work to make them HD friendly.  I know the one I built (Immortal Ruins) was one (and I still have not had time nor a person available to help me do this, as I am a bit computer illiterate and nervous), and all of AquaMats CM's, that needed more work to get them HD ready. 

For me it feels really regrettable that everyone is waiting for newer stuff, more modern Macs and things (I'm also on Tiger, 10.4) to do any MM fun stuff.... building, creating, playing and such. 

The last mansion built was for MM2, and was by me...I'm really honoured (LoL !), but seriously was hoping there would be some new ones by now. 

I've always totally enjoyed the 'community feel', camaraderie and support of the folks in this forum, and I'm sure with some help, input, direction, encouragement and enthusiasm we can get happy and busy, and get some fun stuff happening !!

Thanks Everyone...Oh and by the way....Our Shasta dog had 10 beautiful puppies on Tuesday !  Here's a pic of the happy family   Smiley

Take care,
SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print