Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Wish you a new Mansion Builder up to 10.7 ?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Absolutely nessecary!    
  8 (80.0%)
Perhaps ... But welcome    
  2 (20.0%)
Not really, but ok!    
  0 (0.0%)
No need of this crap!    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: gonzo on: 11.04.2012 at 04:21:12 »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me... (Read 78827 times)
Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Re: At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me...
Reply #60 - 04.05.2012 at 12:46:20

SandyBean wrote on 03.05.2012 at 04:07:39:
@ Rob; thanks So Much for your input on IR, would it be too much to ask if you could convert it over to HD  (I'm not sure how) ... ONLY when and IF you have time.  If it's playable without the custom graphics, that's perfectly fine with me !  Kiss

SandyBean - Immortal Ruins has been converted and added. I left the custom backgrounds because they don't do any harm and I believe it's still possible to use the backgrounds the old way, so if someone wanted to update them they could. Sorry it took longer than I expected.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #61 - 04.05.2012 at 20:50:17

brell wrote on 04.05.2012 at 01:02:37:
One more thing - since we are discussing som of the changes Vern made in MM HD:

I've said it before and I'll say it again that MM is Vern's game and it is totally up to him how he wants to present his game to us, the customers.  I, however, feel that his changes are not improving anything and in some instances they are reducing my innovativity as a builder.

I'm completely with you on that, Brell.
Please see also what I said about this in my last post below, guided at Rob. ("Reply #59")

It was always BECAUSE of all the quirks and irregularities (and even bugs) in the original game  that we could come up with so many innovations, new twists etc. for so long - and they contributed a large part to why the game stayed fresh until today.

If those debatable "improvements" were only restricting our creativity for future designs it'd be bad enough - BUT there are several cases where the changes are responsible for screwing up old designs so they no longer work.... often without the resp. designer even knowing about it until someone stumbles over it.

There the real frustration starts......

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #62 - 04.05.2012 at 20:54:11

brell wrote on 04.05.2012 at 00:54:01:
aquaMat wrote on 03.05.2012 at 10:24:42:
One other question:

I can very well remember that there always used to be the possibility to later (re-)edit one of my own posts after it had already been published (e.g. when you detect an error or typo days later etc.)..... but somehow I can't find that EDIT button any longer.
(...)

Hmm... don't you see a "modify" button in the upper right corner of each post?

No - I don't see it (anymore).
In the upper right corner all it says is "QUOTE" !

BTW, I'm using the olive-green design of the forums (but I always have, at least in the last few years.... and I don't know if that has got anything to do with that anyway...?!)   Undecided

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #63 - 05.05.2012 at 13:45:45

aquaMat wrote on 04.05.2012 at 20:54:11:

BTW, I'm using the olive-green design of the forums (but I always have, at least in the last few years.... and I don't know if that has got anything to do with that anyway...?!)   Undecided

seems like it's here even though I have olive green Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #64 - 05.05.2012 at 21:11:35

aquaMat wrote on 04.05.2012 at 20:54:11:
brell wrote on 04.05.2012 at 00:54:01:
aquaMat wrote on 03.05.2012 at 10:24:42:
One other question:

I can very well remember that there always used to be the possibility to later (re-)edit one of my own posts after it had already been published (e.g. when you detect an error or typo days later etc.)..... but somehow I can't find that EDIT button any longer.
(...)

Hmm... don't you see a "modify" button in the upper right corner of each post?

That is very strange indeed.  I don't know what is going on since everybody else seems to have it.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #65 - 05.05.2012 at 21:23:52

aquaMat wrote on 04.05.2012 at 20:50:17:
brell wrote on 04.05.2012 at 01:02:37:
One more thing - since we are discussing som of the changes Vern made in MM HD:

I've said it before and I'll say it again that MM is Vern's game and it is totally up to him how he wants to present his game to us, the customers.  I, however, feel that his changes are not improving anything and in some instances they are reducing my innovativity as a builder.

I'm completely with you on that, Brell.
Please see also what I said about this in my last post below, guided at Rob. ("Reply #59")

It was always BECAUSE of all the quirks and irregularities (and even bugs) in the original game  that we could come up with so many innovations, new twists etc. for so long - and they contributed a large part to why the game stayed fresh until today.

If those debatable "improvements" were only restricting our creativity for future designs it'd be bad enough - BUT there are several cases where the changes are responsible for screwing up old designs so they no longer work.... often without the resp. designer even knowing about it until someone stumbles over it.

There the real frustration starts......

Sherryl199 put it very well when we were discussing the removal of the ladderjump while testing MM2:

"Things that Vern has taken out can, perhaps, be put back in - I don't think anything in MM is an absolute or most of us would not play or design. It's beauty and fun is, in my opinion, the flexibility and responsiveness to players wishes. At least that is why I continue to play MM. The game is the MM community and reflects players' and designers' growth. Otherwise Vern would be back at MM with only 8 mansions."

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #66 - 06.05.2012 at 02:10:41

Rob Seegel wrote on 04.05.2012 at 12:46:20:
SandyBean wrote on 03.05.2012 at 04:07:39:
@ Rob; thanks So Much for your input on IR, would it be too much to ask if you could convert it over to HD  (I'm not sure how) ... ONLY when and IF you have time.  If it's playable without the custom graphics, that's perfectly fine with me !  Kiss

SandyBean - Immortal Ruins has been converted and added. I left the custom backgrounds because they don't do any harm and I believe it's still possible to use the backgrounds the old way, so if someone wanted to update them they could. Sorry it took longer than I expected.

Rob, Thank You So Much, for working on IR and converting it and making it available.  Seems there is so much for you to do, with all the conversions and special scenarios and I truly, truly appreciate you taking time out from this and your Life to help me  Smiley

You guys are all so computer genius, just reading all the banter, advice and suggestions back an forth discussing resolutions to the issues is making my head swim !

Still mothering the 'mother dog', and her 10 Pups, so hoping to have time to play IR this weekend, and see how it looks   ~  Thanks Again

and take care all ....

SandyBean   Smiley

Lil_Boy_sm.jpg (38 KB | 337 )
Lil_Boy_sm.jpg

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #67 - 07.05.2012 at 00:10:36

@Brell:

You can see for yourself how it looks for me.... I'll attach a screenshot.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #68 - 07.05.2012 at 00:21:16

aquamat - if it is the forum colours that is the problem you can change it. Go      Midnight Mansion Forums › User CP › Profile > Options > way down change... tempaltes I use Test 17 but most of them are the same.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #69 - 07.05.2012 at 00:46:12

aquaMat wrote on 07.05.2012 at 00:10:36:
@Brell:

You can see for yourself how it looks for me.... I'll attach a screenshot.

I use those same colors, and I don't have the same issue. Too bad your screenshot didn't show posts you did. Brell sees modify for all posts since he has Admin privileges. You should only see the modify button on your posts.  I'm still looking to see if I can tell what might be causing it.

I created a test account and tried posting here. Immediately after, I was able to modify and then delete the post with the test account.  This is going to sound ridiculous, and I hate to ask, but are you sure you were logged in at the time?
« Last Edit: 07.05.2012 at 17:22:13 by Rob Seegel »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print