Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Wish you a new Mansion Builder up to 10.7 ?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Absolutely nessecary!    
  8 (80.0%)
Perhaps ... But welcome    
  2 (20.0%)
Not really, but ok!    
  0 (0.0%)
No need of this crap!    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: gonzo on: 11.04.2012 at 04:21:12 »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me... (Read 79219 times)
rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me...
Reply #90 - 18.05.2012 at 18:10:28

Right now I don't have it either. Could it be you/we have it just for a short time and then we can't correct the post any longer?

I got the Modify option after I posted this message

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #91 - 18.05.2012 at 20:51:00

Rose,

no, I don't think that that's it.
I did NOT have it immediately after I had written the post.
Also I remember to be able to edit posts of mine that were written days / weeks ago.

Must be something else....

But strange to hear that it disappeared for you too !
Did you log-out in the meantime ?

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #92 - 18.05.2012 at 21:57:14

I logged out I think when I leave the forum. I get always logged in automaticaly when entering the forum. I entered by clicking in the notification mail for this thread. I didn't have any Modify. I replied and when the I posted message I got the Modify option.
D-n the font size is so small in the Reply window now, 6pt. I didn't do that!!

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #93 - 18.05.2012 at 22:01:41

aquaMat - yes removing the log in automatically from your other machine would probably help. Personally I just use the update session tab when it happens to me, since I often log in from different machines it's become pretty much automatic for me. The forums asks for a bit of info (not my password), and everything is put back.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #94 - 19.05.2012 at 00:55:41

This is very simple:

If you are logged in and then log in from a different IP while still logged in from the first one you'll have to update your session because otherwise the YaBB doesn't know which one to serve: The first or the second IP.

If you log off from the first IP and then you log in from a different IP you don't have to update your session because then the YaBB only sees you on one IP.

This has nothing to do with the "logged in for keeps" feature.  I often logged both at home and at work and then I had to update my session.  After I started logging off at home after each session I do not have to update my session when I log in at work.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #95 - 19.05.2012 at 01:18:37

brell wrote on 19.05.2012 at 00:55:41:
This is very simple:

If you are logged in and then log in from a different IP while still logged in from the first one you'll have to update your session because otherwise the YaBB doesn't know which one to serve: The first or the second IP.

If you log off from the first IP and then you log in from a different IP you don't have to update your session because then the YaBB only sees you on one IP.

This has nothing to do with the "logged in for keeps" feature.  I often logged both at home and at work and then I had to update my session.  After I started logging off at home after each session I do not have to update my session when I log in at work.

You're right assuming that you are logging in / out all the time. Like aquaMat, I normally don't, so often just update my session.  It's easier for me. As with nearly everything, experiences and preferences may vary.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #96 - 24.05.2012 at 00:19:06

rose wrote on 18.05.2012 at 21:57:14:
D-n the font size is so small in the Reply window now, 6pt. I didn't do that!!

That same thing happened to me, too. I had complained about it somewhere else on these pages....
And the worst part:
Although there IS the small "Text size" field at the right corner below the text field, where one can change it back from 6 pt to something more readable... IT ALWAYS RE-SETS ITSELF TO SMALL - so the next time I post something it is again 6pt and my eyes are starting to hurt.

Who the hell allowed a software to boss us users around ??   Wink
We should be telling the software how to behave - not the other way 'round !

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #97 - 24.05.2012 at 00:25:42

@ Rob & brell:

Thank you both for your comments. I can see clearly now.
I'll try to log-out from my old Mac, so I then can stay logged-in from my MacBook, as I'm using that much more often.

However, that "update session" feature seems a quick + easy solution too - I have never tried that... not once in all those years.
Maybe I will try that right away now - just to see how it works.

Thanks !!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #98 - 24.05.2012 at 00:30:05

Did "Update Session" and -boom! - MODIFY button reappeared instantly!

That was easy!  Wink 

Thanks again.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #99 - 09.06.2012 at 21:40:56

@ Rose, brell, Rob:

Even though the MODIFY - button did re-appear for me after I had done the "Update Session" thing described by Rob & brell (see below), it had disappeared again very shortly after.

My assumption was that the reason for that was that I still was logged in from my old G5's IP address - even if I hadn't accessed the forum from there in the meantime this probably still mattered.

So I have finally logged out from the forum using my old G5 yesterday.... leaving this IP-address (my MacBook) the one that is "logged in for keeps".
BUT: Still the MODIFY button does not show!!  (I have just posted an entry in another thread).

I will try now once more to "Update (the) Session".....  maybe afterwards it finally gets back to its normal behavior ??! Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print