Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DDD Hard (Read 6288 times)
lindoyambu
Lost One

DDD Hard
25.04.2012 at 01:19:57

Hello, I am in DDD hard and can't seem to figure out how to move on.  I have been through room 15304 and into room 15303, there are ladders I can't get to but I presume I come at them from the left and above, however, the only way left it seems is through room 15302 and I can't see how to turn the zapper off.  I have tried turning on and off brown and blue switches in room 15303 and I have also tried to see if there was a way into room 15302 from further to the left but can't see any way in.  I am sure it is something very obvious, but not to me.  Any clues, hints, ideas, welcome.
Thanks!!!

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: DDD Hard
Reply #1 - 25.04.2012 at 02:09:01

Have you been to 15503? That's the room directly below 15303. That'll give you different ways to climb back up and access more levers.

IP Logged

lindoyambu
Lost One

Reply #2 - 25.04.2012 at 02:21:11

No I haven't, I couldn't figure out how to get there.  I thought you got in there through the ladder on the left but it seems like you have to get to that ladder from above room 15303.  I will go back and have a look, if only I could kill that bird but I thought the spiders did that.

IP Logged

lindoyambu
Lost One

Reply #3 - 25.04.2012 at 02:50:21

Wrong room.  Yes I have been to 15503 and moved all switches there, I have tried turning them on and off and combining but the zapper in room 15302 doesn't change.  I have managed to turn all zappers off in room 15503 but that makes no difference to 15302.  I suppose the question is are the switches in 15503 connected to the zapper in 15302 or should I be looking for another way to get to 15302 (from the left and not from room 15303).  I have to admit my gaming skills are not fantastic so found the hard in MM1 too hard but MM2 has just the right combination of gaming and logic skills, and I am really enjoying it, so now feel very frustrated.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 25.04.2012 at 02:58:37

Don't feel bad, and try not to get too frustrated... this is a hard mansion with lots of puzzles. Levers only control things in the same room, not other rooms.

Oh, and I just took a look at 15302. The zapper along the floor doesn't shut off. Jack has to use good timing and jumping skills. Good luck!

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #5 - 25.04.2012 at 14:10:40

lindoyambu wrote on 25.04.2012 at 01:19:57:
Hello, I am in DDD hard and can't seem to figure out how to move on.  I have been through room 15304 and into room 15303, there are ladders I can't get to but I presume I come at them from the left and above, however, the only way left it seems is through room 15302 and I can't see how to turn the zapper off.

You presume correctly. The trick is in getting past 15302, and unfortunately, there is no trick to it. The *only* way past the zappers in this room is through timing. Jack should be able to make it across with three well timed jumps. I seem to recall I had originally set this room so that Jack would disable the zappers after his first successful pass through them. I left them in to force the player to make a decision once across. With a little care, and maybe practice the zappers aren't too bad. The timing of the zappers is constant. Take heart, a save point is fairly close once you get past the zappers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print