Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Intel, Windows and iOS Ports? (Read 19601 times)
Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Re: Intel, Windows and iOS Ports?
Reply #10 - 25.05.2012 at 18:07:01

I will, Leon, but remember that anyone can contact him through the support tab on the actionsoft web site. He may not be able to respond quickly, though. My guess is that it all depends on the nature of the request. I've sent him emails that took him a while to respond to, but it's all good, I was never in a hurry for a response anyway, and I know he has other things going on.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #11 - 29.05.2012 at 23:29:55

Leon wrote on 25.05.2012 at 03:59:10:
Oh deer, well give him my best next time you speak to him and tell him not to rush, I'm in no hurry Happy

You might be in no hurry, Leon.... but I surely am!   Cheesy  Smiley  Grin
A new Level Builder would make things sooooo much easier as far as the conversion of my old mansions into HD is concerned.

And I'm not even beginning to think about what it would mean for new custom mansions in the future.    Cry

Or to put it differently:
If there won't be a new Level Builder in the near future - there won't be ANY further custom mansions..... which will ultimately result in the demise of this community, I'm afraid.

I think there's enough evidence for this development: one just needs to check the number of new mansions in the last year vs.  - say -  2007. Or: When was the latest NEW custom mansion released? (And I don't mean an update).  I'm sure it's been quite a while.

But maybe that's just my impression, my point of view. Honestly, I was a bit shocked by the outcome of that recent poll that someone put up, where he asked how badly we needed a new Level Builder - and only 10 people voted, at all - and 2 out of 10 didn't even think it 'absolutely necessary'. 

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #12 - 30.05.2012 at 16:48:15

also, that MM2 isn't playable in Lion, makes me forget the game ever existed... I recall it was quite fun with the platforms moving in different rooms and the little gnomes walking around, but I never got to build anything since I got a new mac with 10.7 on it rather soon after the Yellow Submarine got released last summer. So there's a lot of Lion-adjustments necessary for this community not to die completely. I would sure like to build something soon, haven't done anything since Luris I think, and that isn't even HD-ready

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #13 - 02.06.2012 at 03:31:28

Maybe I'm confused, or just catching this thread in the middle, but can't there still be new CM's created by folks who still have older version iMac systems? 

Is it just the latest iMac systems that are not compatible with the level builder? 

The last CM, 'AYS' was made on my beloved old Tiger 10.4 (our only computer) so there still must be others that can build? 

Agreed it would be great to have a builder compatible with all Mac and PC systems, but seems to me the computer designers keep making things 'better and better', yet more and more difficult to sync all things !!!  Oy Veh  Tongue

thanks and take care all,
Sandybean Smiley

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #14 - 02.06.2012 at 03:41:49

SandyBean wrote on 02.06.2012 at 03:31:28:
Maybe I'm confused, or just catching this thread in the middle, but can't there still be new CM's created by folks who still have older version iMac systems? 

Is it just the latest iMac systems that are not compatible with the level builder? 

The last CM, 'AYS' was made on my beloved old Tiger 10.4 (our only computer) so there still must be others that can build? 

Agreed it would be great to have a builder compatible with all Mac and PC systems, but seems to me the computer designers keep making things 'better and better', yet more and more difficult to sync all things !!!  Oy Veh  Tongue

thanks and take care all,
Sandybean Smiley

We're talking about the port to Lion/Mountain Lion (out this summer) for those of us who have either bought a new computer from late 2011 or those who have upgraded to Lion.

Lion dropped both PPC and Rosetta Support so even though you can play MM2, you can not use the Mansion Builder

But I'm surprised a bunch of you have actually appeared from the innactivity, I guess this wasn't forgotten by the fans after all Smiley

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #15 - 21.08.2012 at 05:15:32

Thanks Leon !

Now I have another Issue...Very Frustrating Indeed !

Microsoft in it's infinite wisdom has decided to 'improve' hotmail by going to a program called "Outlook", and some of us want to stay on Hotmail, but now cannot access our contact lists at all because our OS 10.4 Tiger supported Browsers (Firefox and Safari) are too old for Microsoft to care about making work for their new system.

I've been told all I can do is to upgrade our Mac 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo to Snow Leopard, and then upgrade our browsers so I can once again get into my Hotmail contacts.  ( I manage a horse rescue where Email and my 200 contacts are vital to the daily operation of this volunteer postition).

All of this because of Microsoft !!! Ugh   Smiley

My question to you guys, and remember I'm pretty computer illiterate here, is will I still be able to use the mansion builder for MM and MM2 and the HD if I upgrade to Snow Leopard? 

Thanks in advance for any help or clarification !

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #16 - 21.08.2012 at 05:46:14

Hi SandyBean,

Yes, if you use Snow Leopard you're good to go.

I upgraded to Lion a couple months ago, but before I did, I partitioned my backup drive and kept my old Snow Leopard system on one partition. The other partition is for my daily Lion system backup.

So, whenever I want to play MM1 and MM2 or use a level builder, I reboot into Snow Leopard. It's not an ideal situation, but at least I can still play.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #17 - 21.08.2012 at 10:45:15

Thanks Semi-Native....that's all I needed to know ! 

So glad it will work, and doesn't sound like I will have to do the extra fancy 'partitioning' of my computer btwn the OS's since the Builder will work in Snow Leopard.  (Cause Lord knows I'd never be able to figure that out !!!).

I'm still really p'od' that we have to upgrade our operating system just because Microsoft will no longer support the 'older' browser versions of Safari and Firefox that Tiger works on !!!  I hate being held hostage to these guys !!!  Hotmail is a great thing, works fantastically, and all the volunteer stuff I do for the horse rescue is smooth and easy, why mess with a good thing????  Ah well....tis the computer gods needing to challenge me I guess !

Thanks again, you're awesome Smiley
SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #18 - 21.08.2012 at 14:17:02

Hi SandyBean  Smiley 

Have you tried accessing Hotmail using Mail? Since it's built into the Mac OS (and not browser dependent) it may work. (Or not, knowing MS. But it's worth a try.)

(OT- how are those puppies? They're probably doggies by now   Smiley )

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #19 - 23.08.2012 at 03:54:28

Hi Josephine !!!

Thanks for the tip, but we bought our Mac used, and didn't want the added expense of having a Mac Acct, so we didn't start up our MacMail.

Knowing MS though, your probably right and it wouldn't make a difference ....sneeky buggers !

The pups are all gone to their new families over a month ago, and are doing so well, being loved and growing up fast !!!  It's kinda quieter here now, and our two dogs are back to their playful selves not having to be 'in charge of the brood' !

Hope all is going well for you and family and take care Smiley

Thanks,
SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print