Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Intel, Windows and iOS Ports? (Read 19605 times)
Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Intel, Windows and iOS Ports?
05.05.2012 at 23:51:13

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows the progress of the ports at all, I miss being able to create new mansions Sad

Cheers
Leon

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Intel, Windows and iOS Ports?
Reply #1 - 06.05.2012 at 05:10:08

Leon, you are posting your question to the Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills (MM2) category.  Are you sure you wanted to ask about MM2?  There is no Windows version nor a HD version of MM2.  MM2 is a Mac only game and is still a PowerPC application.  There is an MM2 mansion builder with the game so people can build new MM2 custom mansions.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #2 - 06.05.2012 at 06:58:35

I think I meant for any of the MM, but couldn't find an area for that lol

Sorry

I thought I read that Vern will get round to doing a Windows and iOS port of MM2 after MM1, or was that my imagination lol

I mainly mean the LEvel Builder though, I loved that

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 06.05.2012 at 19:58:00

There is a level builder for MM1 and MM2 but not MM1 HD.  I don't know when MM2 will be updated to a HD version but I'd guess that Vern would like to finish the MM1 HD builder first.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #4 - 07.05.2012 at 08:05:35

None of the LB work with Lion though as those use Rossetta or PPC and Lion has dropped all support for those Sad

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #5 - 07.05.2012 at 08:28:02

Leon wrote on 07.05.2012 at 08:05:35:
None of the LB work with Lion though as those use Rossetta or PPC and Lion has dropped all support for those Sad

I wouldn't expect a new Builder until Vern finishes his iOS port, and I'm not sure how much Vern has much remains to be done. I have a pretty good idea of the amount of work left in the alternative builder I'm working on. I'm still a ways off.

The big thing that an MM2 upgrade is waiting on is new graphics. Many if not most will need to be redone. That's a good chunk of work.  Also, all the included mansions will need to go through some of the same work that was done for MM HD. They will need to be checked for bad behaviors under the new game engine, plus mansions may have to be scrubbed a bit for the shadows.

« Last Edit: 07.05.2012 at 15:13:05 by Rob Seegel »  

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #6 - 07.05.2012 at 14:41:03

Fair enough, I was just seeing if anyone knew his progress as he hasn't posted anything since Feb lol

I have my faith in him, you and the rest of the team, I hope he asks for more beta volunteers lol

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #7 - 25.05.2012 at 02:37:59

Has anyone actually spoken to Vern recently?

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #8 - 25.05.2012 at 03:57:25

Leon wrote on 25.05.2012 at 02:37:59:
Has anyone actually spoken to Vern recently?

He and I talk sporadically dictated more by personal schedules.  Basically, lengthy periods of nothing punctuated by short periods of time where we exchange a bunch of info. He's still working on the game, but he has other things on his plate as well. At the moment, it's not looking good for a new Level Builder, but I wouldn't give up on it quite yet.

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #9 - 25.05.2012 at 03:59:10

Oh deer, well give him my best next time you speak to him and tell him not to rush, I'm in no hurry Happy

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print