Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future (Read 57981 times)
Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Re: ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future
Reply #20 - 22.04.2014 at 05:00:01

Where'd everyone go?
Hope to hear more from you all pretty soon... I miss making mansions so much now haha Smiley

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #21 - 22.04.2014 at 07:50:46

I was thinking the very same thing.  Perhaps others have encountered the same
problem I did.  I upgraded my Mac to version 10.9 and MM2 won't work with
it.  I can only play the original MM1. 

And from what I was told many moons ago, Vern did not want to continue
with MM bcos updating the system (I am so not computer savvy, so forgive
my lack of proper terminology) to enable it to work with the newest Apple system,
would be expensive and very time consuming.  I completely understand this.

So, since MM2 is not 10.9 friendly, I guess everyone just moved on to other
things.  Sad.  Really, really sad.  Sad

Missy

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #22 - 27.04.2014 at 14:31:02

Actually, I have a version of Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills running on the latest OSes just fine. It's not 100% finished though, so I just have to find the time to finish, but this will definitely be released in HD "sometime".

It's rather the *Level Builder* that might never get updated. I dream of this happening sometimes, as I realize the community here has 'mostly died' due to not having a level builder that works on modern Macs, and I'd love to see it revived... but updating the level builder would be quite time-consuming.

But not as time-consuming as I had originally though... so maybe it'll happen sometime. It's just hard to want to spend *more* time on the computer after spending all day on the computer at work! But I really do miss game development, so I hope to keep working on the game here and there when I can.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #23 - 27.04.2014 at 14:42:24

Thank you for the update Vern.  I think everyone in the MM community feels
the same way.  We miss MM2 and the custom mansions.  It would be great
to get things back to where they were. 
Please don't forget to let me know when MM2 will play on my 10.9 version.

Thank you

Missy

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #24 - 27.04.2014 at 17:22:41

VernJensen wrote on 27.04.2014 at 14:31:02:
Actually, I have a version of Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills running on the latest OSes just fine. It's not 100% finished though, so I just have to find the time to finish, but this will definitely be released in HD "sometime".

It's rather the *Level Builder* that might never get updated. I dream of this happening sometimes, as I realize the community here has 'mostly died' due to not having a level builder that works on modern Macs, and I'd love to see it revived... but updating the level builder would be quite time-consuming.

But not as time-consuming as I had originally though... so maybe it'll happen sometime. It's just hard to want to spend *more* time on the computer after spending all day on the computer at work! But I really do miss game development, so I hope to keep working on the game here and there when I can.

You are really awesome Cheesy
BTW I wouldn't object go you doing a kickstarter campaign if you need more funds Wink

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #25 - 27.04.2014 at 20:22:26

Vern that would be GREAT! (And yeah, Kickstarter  Wink )

I for one, have no intention of ever quitting MM. As long as I can dual boot or whatever it takes to play and build.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #26 - 04.05.2014 at 23:46:42

It would be very nice to have MMII in HD version playable on 10.9.

I would be ready to pay for MMI and II HD level builders and I guess that most MM fans would, too.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #27 - 05.05.2014 at 04:23:51

Yes Brell, I agree.

Missy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #28 - 05.05.2014 at 13:48:04

Indeed, the economical cost for a Level Builder is far less [unless Vern charge us $243809873240987 of course…] than the joy gained in a revival of this community and (hopefully) new members with building skills will also emerge.

Hopefully the future OS's don't cause that much problems in updating the apps…

@ Vern: If you could estimate the price you think would be appropriate for the Level Builders MMHD I and II and ask if we would be willing to pay for it? Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #29 - 05.05.2014 at 18:09:48

I think all of us die-hard MM'ers would be willing to pay for updated level builders, but Vern said his issue is time, not having much spare time to apply to it.

Hopefully, some day.
Thanks for checking in with us, Vern.
Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print