Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future (Read 57974 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future
Reply #30 - 11.06.2014 at 14:50:34

I wish it were that simple. Sad

My day job keeps me busy enough that I haven't really had energy at the end of the day to do more programming when I get home. And I think the level builder would be a multi-month project if I were working full-time on it, which I can't.

I WOULD however be more than happy to release the Level Builder source code to Open Source, so that anyone who has programming experience can port it. I think the challenge though would be finding someone interested in doing so. But if there is interest, I definitely could do that.

MM II is running on OS X 10.9 as we speak, and has 'mostly' upgraded HD artwork. I just need to find the time/energy to finish it up...

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #31 - 11.06.2014 at 20:35:59

Hi Vern,

That is so very generous of you!  I hope that someone takes you up on that
offer.

Bless you for being you!

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #32 - 12.06.2014 at 14:54:07

Me! ME!! I'll do it!!!

Oh wait, I can't code  Tongue

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #33 - 12.06.2014 at 17:40:30

Vern, would it be possible to include the MM1 and 2 builders in the MM1 and 2 HD packages with the forewords that they can't be used in Mac OS 10.7. and above?  Then at least some users could keep on building and testing and then use Rezycle to convert to HD.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #34 - 21.06.2014 at 17:00:04

I have a few friends who like coding but they hate Macs so that's probably a no go Sad
Hopefully someone should pick it up... after this trial of Fusion goes, I must go back to my mom's old computer... which is slow... and non portable... hey, I can't work on mansions without something going on in the background... also I prefer to use trackpads for mansion building

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #35 - 22.06.2014 at 15:57:57

Hey Leon- can you download a new trial onto the other computer then move it to a new user folder on the first computer?

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #36 - 19.08.2014 at 14:51:14

brell wrote on 12.06.2014 at 17:40:30:
Vern, would it be possible to include the MM1 and 2 builders in the MM1 and 2 HD packages with the forewords that they can't be used in Mac OS 10.7. and above?  Then at least some users could keep on building and testing and then use Rezycle to convert to HD.

Certainly I could included it in the HD packages, but it's already available to download separately. See the FAQ:

http://www.actionsoft.com/games/midnightmansionhd/faq.php#HDLevelBuilder

Or specifically, the link to download the Level Builder is here:
http://www.actionsoft.com/files/mm/LevelBuilder1.2.2.zip

I guess you're suggesting including it for the sake of publicity, so people are aware it exists?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #37 - 19.08.2014 at 17:33:10

I thought the builders were only available as parts of the MM1 and MM2 packages.  If they are available as a free download we need to advertise it on the forums.  Or, perhaps, as you say, include them in the HD packages for the sake of publicity.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #38 - 15.12.2014 at 02:46:04

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but what about Kickstarter, a lot of great games have been funded there and this one would just be another greater game to get funded there if Vern thinks it is a good idea Smiley

If so, I would recommend the funding period be around Q2/3... but it's all up to you Smiley

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #39 - 15.12.2014 at 12:01:38

I would donate Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print