Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future (Read 57982 times)
Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Re: ActionSoft and Midnight Mansion's future
Reply #40 - 18.12.2014 at 20:38:51

That is such a great idea Leon, if someone can get 40000 dollars to make a potato salad, revival of this forum would be far more interesting for donors Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #41 - 15.04.2015 at 04:02:19

Will MM2: THH be released for Mac? When I read the post it looked like a no but I wasn't sure

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #42 - 15.04.2015 at 10:37:11

Hi Meredith- as far as I know, there are no plans at this time to port MM2 to later OS's. Vern (the creator of MM) no longer does this as his full time job. Many people still play and have an interest in building custom mansions so hopefully someday he will, or maybe "pass the torch" on to another coder (fingers crossed!)

You posted about getting a refund- Vern still drops by here and checks messages occasionally, but it may take a little while to hear from him. If you don't, one of the admins  **may** know how to contact him directly (I don't know for sure, just speculating.)

In the mean time, what kind of computer do you have? Is it possible (and are you interested in) having an earlier OS on another drive/partition so you can play MM2?

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #43 - 15.04.2015 at 17:33:47

I have a MacBook Air OS Yosemite. I would be interested in partitioning my drive but as small as it is and due to the lack of a younger system cd, it's not possible. I only ask as much as I have been because I'm trying to revive the boards and people's interests in getting the game upgraded. I'm probably not doing it in the best way, but at least I'm trying  Undecided

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #44 - 15.04.2015 at 19:03:18

Another thing to keep in mind is that newer Macs are physically unable to run Snow Leopard or earlier. I found that out the hard way. I have a 2013 iMac and can't run SL. I actually bought a cheap used iMac so I could install SL and run MM and MM2.

IP Logged

Meredith Wyatt
Lost One

Reply #45 - 15.04.2015 at 22:01:19

Welp guess I'll be without sunshine and Jack is stuck in stasis

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #46 - 16.04.2015 at 13:52:44

Meredith- there are many people who would love to see MM updated and have the boards "come back to life!" It was quite fun around here back then, and a great game like MM deserves that.

Oh- there *may* be a custom HD mansion in the works that features daylight   Wink

Semi-Native wrote on 15.04.2015 at 19:03:18:
... I actually bought a cheap used iMac so I could install SL and run MM and MM2.

And that's why we love you Semi-Native!  Grin

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #47 - 17.04.2015 at 06:48:57

Another thing to keep in mind is that newer Macs are physically unable to run Snow Leopard or earlier. I found that out the hard way. I have a 2013 iMac and can't run SL. I actually bought a cheap used iMac so I could install SL and run MM and MM2.

Actually, if you use a Virtual Machine programme like Parallels or VMWare Fusion (NOT Boot Camp), you can actually emulate Snow Leopard Server. If you call up Apple directly, I think you can purchase it for about ten bucks

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #48 - 17.04.2015 at 23:28:04

Leon wrote on 17.04.2015 at 06:48:57:

Actually, if you use a Virtual Machine programme like Parallels or VMWare Fusion (NOT Boot Camp), you can actually emulate Snow Leopard Server. If you call up Apple directly, I think you can purchase it for about ten bucks

Or VirtualBox 4.1.2.0.  As far as I know this is no longer possible with Parallels or VMWare or younger versions of VB because Apple has banned it!  Really.  The possibility to run older Mac OSes has been removed form these virtual machines because of Apple's demand.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Leon
Adventurer

Chichester, UK
Reply #49 - 19.04.2015 at 15:51:12

brell wrote on 17.04.2015 at 23:28:04:
Leon wrote on 17.04.2015 at 06:48:57:

Or VirtualBox 4.1.2.0.  As far as I know this is no longer possible with Parallels or VMWare or younger versions of VB because Apple has banned it!  Really.  The possibility to run older Mac OSes has been removed form these virtual machines because of Apple's demand.

You've gotta be jacking me... I really hate it when Apple makes me start to hate them Sad

WWW Leon mybedroom6  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print