Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Need Beta Testers ! (Read 19994 times)
josephine
Adventurer

California
Re: Need Beta Testers !
Reply #10 - 29.08.2013 at 07:50:40

Hi SandyBean- in the past I've forgotten to "delete preview pics" before zipping a file and this caused some weird issues. Maybe it's something like that? PM'ed you too Smiley

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #11 - 29.08.2013 at 08:20:05

Your Right !  I did forget to do that, so will try resending it to all with that done, but I have a feeling it's to do with it being built before the official MM2 builder was released.

thanks !

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #12 - 29.08.2013 at 22:44:34

This has nothing to do with the preview pics in the builder.  They only affect the size of the zipfile.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #13 - 30.08.2013 at 00:56:08

Yes, you're right Brell.

The mansion was built using the builder in the Expansion pack, prior to the release of MM2.  So presently it will only open in the MM Expansion pack and builder. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated  Smiley

Thanks,
SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #14 - 30.08.2013 at 20:00:26

I really do not know what you mean by expansion pack.  Vern never released anything but MM1, MM2 and MM HD.

Maybe you are talking about beta versinos of MM2?

I have the first part of HGoB by Freddy and it works fine in MM2, so something must have happened to your version.

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #15 - 31.08.2013 at 09:41:10

If I remember correctly, originally the contest was for an "expanded" version of MM1 that had some new features, but then it got released as it s own stand-alone game "MM2." The people in the contest were given the new builder, so maybe something changed before it was released with MM2?

Anyway, SandyBean sent me the file and it won't play in the game, only in the MM2 builder. (Geek note, if this helps: it opens as a Unix file, not a MM2 file. I can't get it to recognize as MM2.)

Anybody??

(Unfortunately Freddy hasn't signed in since last year, and my PM to him in Jan. was never read. But if they were just waiting until after the official release of MM2 it sounds like he was OK to release HGoB. His section is really good, it would be a shame for it to not see the light of day.)
« Last Edit: 31.08.2013 at 10:45:16 by josephine »  

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #16 - 31.08.2013 at 13:44:04

I can open the mansion but only by first starting MM2, THEN drag the Mansion onto the MM2 application icon.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #17 - 31.08.2013 at 19:24:16

I remember now that MM2 was called expansion pack while being developed.  The MM2 builder and MM2 application should be able to open the mansion because it is the same builder and the same application.  As I said above I have the first section of HGoB and it opens easily in both builder and game.

Thanks for your info, Rose.  The mansion opens in the builder by dragging it over the builder icon AND it opens in the game by dragging it over the game icon but only AFTER the game has started.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #18 - 31.08.2013 at 20:14:10

Got a big problem. The ladder jump feature is needed but disabled!!!

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #19 - 31.08.2013 at 21:19:53

Rose, open the mansion in the MM2 level builder (I had to start up the level builder, then drag the mansion file onto the level builder icon. Once it's open in the level builder, go under the file menu and click on Mansion Options. Put a check mark next to Allow Ladder Jumps and then Save.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print