Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MM HD on Maverick (Read 10587 times)
rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
MM HD on Maverick
26.10.2013 at 22:42:21

Hi!
I tested MM HD on Maverick. The possibility to half jump and jump and turn back where one jump from are gone.  Angry
The half jump doesn't work because when you press jump key first the move key doesn't work. Using the move key first and then the jump key results in a full lenght jump.
There might be more but I didn't test it.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: MM HD on Maverick
Reply #1 - 27.10.2013 at 20:16:28

Thanks, rose. I don't know if this will ever be fixed.
Undecided

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 30.10.2013 at 00:53:12

Hmm....  it seems to work fine here.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 05.11.2013 at 00:41:03

I found out it depend which keys you use. I used Ctrl for jumping and the arrow keys for moving. It works fine if I use Space for jumping but that is so awkward to use.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 05.11.2013 at 03:13:32

I think you'll find it's just a matter of getting used to it. I've always used the spacebar so it's second nature to me. It's a lot bigger and easier to hit.  Smiley

IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #5 - 09.05.2015 at 05:47:23

This may not be a MM issue on Mavericks, but perhaps the specific mansion(s):

On Jacque's Revenge II, when I get to room 16706 - which appears to be the jumping-off/branching room to get to most else in the mansion - I can get the gold on the right side (bricked) area, and I can go up to the shed (room 15906, I think) on the surface (which requires a multi-color key, it appears) or down to room 16906, where the grey/silver doors are in place, and no sign of how to get them moved (unless I come back to that room from some other place in the mansion). But however Jack gets to the other rooms or finds any keys for the other doors in room 16706.  Cry Does that qualify as a stuck jack on this mansion??

Hints, clues, or maybe even a spoiler alerted something would be appreciated if someone who knows sees this. It doesn't look like there's been much activity here, even from the regulars or administrators... Embarrassed

IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #6 - 09.05.2015 at 05:55:03

Second Part (Redux backwards, so to speak):

In Jacque's Revenge, Part I, when Jack enters the mansion and comes to the second room (continuing to head to the right) - I think it's 16304 - if I press Return to read the first/only sign in that room (on the left side of the room), MM-HD quits(!) Shocked I have had this happen both in Mavericks (10.9.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6.8), and it isn't affected by whether or not I have been reading all of the signs outside before I enter the mansion, or just some of them.

Also puzzling - unless one of the updates to Mavericks getting to 10.9.5 broke something in the way this mansion works...

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 09.05.2015 at 19:14:06

JimRCGMO wrote on 09.05.2015 at 05:55:03:
Second Part (Redux backwards, so to speak):

In Jacque's Revenge, Part I, when Jack enters the mansion and comes to the second room (continuing to head to the right) - I think it's 16304 - if I press Return to read the first/only sign in that room (on the left side of the room), MM-HD quits(!) Shocked I have had this happen both in Mavericks (10.9.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6.8), and it isn't affected by whether or not I have been reading all of the signs outside before I enter the mansion, or just some of them.

Also puzzling - unless one of the updates to Mavericks getting to 10.9.5 broke something in the way this mansion works...

There are two signs in that room and both work correctly - as every sign at the ground floor in that mansion do.  I have Mavericks 10.9.5
You should try to redownload the mansion.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #8 - 09.05.2015 at 19:20:13

JimRCGMO wrote on 09.05.2015 at 05:47:23:
This may not be a MM issue on Mavericks, but perhaps the specific mansion(s):

On Jacque's Revenge II, when I get to room 16706 - which appears to be the jumping-off/branching room to get to most else in the mansion - I can get the gold on the right side (bricked) area, and I can go up to the shed (room 15906, I think) on the surface (which requires a multi-color key, it appears) or down to room 16906, where the grey/silver doors are in place, and no sign of how to get them moved (unless I come back to that room from some other place in the mansion). But however Jack gets to the other rooms or finds any keys for the other doors in room 16706.  Cry Does that qualify as a stuck jack on this mansion??

Hints, clues, or maybe even a spoiler alerted something would be appreciated if someone who knows sees this. It doesn't look like there's been much activity here, even from the regulars or administrators... Embarrassed

Ahh... but you are NOT supposed to be able to get from 16706 down to 16906.  This is clearly a building flaw by the author.  This is however no JS because Jack can go back up to 16706 and continue with the mansion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print