Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ANN: Midnight Mansion HD now free for schools and orphanages! (Read 3373 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
ANN: Midnight Mansion HD now free for schools and orphanages!
19.08.2014 at 14:54:20

I know it’s been a while since I’ve made any Midnight Mansion related announcements, but today I’d like to make a big one: I am making Midnight Mansion HD available, for free, to schools and orphanages, not only in America, but the entire world.

Thanks to its family-friendly nature, Midnight Mansion has already been purchased for use at several schools across America, as well as donated to an orphanage in the Philippines that I had the opportunity to personally visit several years ago (http://www.cscshelter.org/). Just today I heard from one of the schools that Midnight Mansion is the students’ favorite game, and a number of months ago I heard from a teacher friend at the orphanage that the children there still play and love the game.

So today it occurred to me: why not make Midnight Mansion HD available to ANY school or orphanage, completely free of charge? Perhaps some will enjoy the game enough they will want to purchase it to play at home, or will have fond memories of the game years later as an adult and wish to purchase it then. And even if not, I will still be able to bring joy to hundreds or thousands of children who might not be able to afford the game otherwise.

There aren’t many games these days that are family-friendly and still fun, as well as offering learning opportunities. (Kids are highly motivated to learn reading when understanding the in-game signs helps them play the game better! And the puzzles in the game help develop problem-solving skills. Plus, I think developing hand-eye corrdination and fast reflexes helps with driving years later. But if nothing else, it can be a fun reward that teachers can offer to students for good behavior.)

But for this to work I need your help! I don’t know how to ‘get the word out’ to schools or orphanages, so I am hoping to spread the word by word-of-mouth. If you have a child or grandchild enrolled in a public or private school, or know of an orphanage, would you consider contacting a teacher personally (or by email) to let them know about this offer?

To qualify, the school must have 20+ children enrolled (i.e. home schooled children are not eligible), and a teacher or other employee of the school must email me from their work email requesting a free registration code for their school computers. They should send an email entitled “Free Midnight Mansion for school” to:

support@actionsoft.com

Simply include the following information:
1) Name of school
2) Kind of school (i.e. elementary, high school, private school, etc.)
2) Location of school (state/country)
3) An estimate for the number of computers the game will be installed on
4) An estimate of the number of students at the school or orphanage

There are no strings attached, no expiration date for the free version of the game, no renewals required, and no built-in advertising, nor will I be selling an ‘email list’ to anyone or sending unsolicited email to anyone. Just free gaming for kids.

Secondly: if any of you have ideas / suggestions for how I can spread the word further (i.e. school journals or websites that might carry such news), please let me know!

To those of you who help spread the word — thank you! And, thank you for your support of me and Midnight Mansion over the years. I appreciate it!

Midnight Mansion HD is an action/exploration platformer with high-definition graphics, spine-tingling sound effects, and professional quality music. As Jack Malone, you will explore eleven huge mansions, each filled with traps, puzzles, and secrets, as you search for legendary treasure. Ride on conveyor belts, avoid zapper beams, and dodge monsters as you collect keys that give you access to new areas of each mansion. Non-violent gameplay allows the whole family to enjoy the game. Features include multiple user accounts, online high scores, suspend game, a level editor, and much more.

System Requirements: 
- Any Intel or PPC based Mac (Universal Binary)
- MacOS X 10.4 or higher. (Works fine on OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
- Windows XP or 7 (might also work on similar versions of Windows, such as Vista or 2000)

-Vern

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Re: ANN: Midnight Mansion HD now free for schools and orphanages!
Reply #1 - 06.09.2014 at 12:16:28

This is really great Vern, and very generous of you! Will let my friends with kids know  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print