Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jack Stuck in 16498/16499 HD version (Read 8725 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Jack Stuck in 16498/16499 HD version
07.01.2015 at 03:55:00

After Jack saved in 16499 then went back to 16498 to still figure out how to get the
1 shield and the green key, WHICH HE CAN'T BCOS THE LADDERS WON'T LET HIM,
he fell to his death trying to get the 2nd shield and re-appeared between both rooms only now, bcos the lever is to the left of where he is standing, the door behind the brick wall is closed and he can't go up that long ladder bcos it won't let him, so what was the point of shutting off the zapper?  Something is very wrong in this room.

How does Jack get the green key or the last shield when the ladders won't let him?
btw:  The ladder to the left of the green key won't let Jack do the climb down and jump to the right, as it did when he got the 1st shield, bcos Jack ends up falling to his death.  Hmm?
« Last Edit: 07.01.2015 at 05:15:29 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Jack Stuck in 16498/16499 HD version
Reply #1 - 09.01.2015 at 22:00:12

The shields are red herrings.  Freddy almost never gave the players any shields.  The blue bird is the key to finding the solution to get the green key  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #2 - 09.01.2015 at 23:50:28

Brell, that hint is way to cryptic for me.  As you see in the pic above, the
blue bird is dead and long gone, so what clue was I to get from him when I
killed him?

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 09.01.2015 at 23:57:41

I must say I amazed that you have 18 lives you can use! Try jumping up the right wall. You can afford it!

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #4 - 10.01.2015 at 15:54:16

Oh yeah! Maybe try jumping from *behind*  that top brick on the right wall.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #5 - 10.01.2015 at 19:20:42

Rose and Josephine have decrypted my message  Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #6 - 10.01.2015 at 19:29:03

Okay Guys & Gals Thx, I'll give it a go again in a few days & I'll let you know if I manage to get that darn green key and yes, I'm using cheats bcos I almost threw my lovely Mac out the window, trying to get that darn green key! 

Aside from that, there is still a Jack Stuck as described above.

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #7 - 10.01.2015 at 19:30:26

josephine wrote on 10.01.2015 at 15:54:16:
Oh yeah! Maybe try jumping from *behind*  that top brick on the right wall.

Are you referring to that little ledge sticking out of the right wall, way up top?
Or are you referring to the right column on that low wall?

Edit:  I couldn't wait to check it out, so I played it quick and yes, Thank You ever
so much, I got the green key, sheesh.  I have forgotten how hard this mansion was.

Now, if you don't mind, I can't spend any more hours let alone days upon days trying to figure out which set of doors to use AFTER I've used the keys on the obvious doors.  My Mom passed away last Aug and I have a lot on my plate right now with the estate sale.  I turned to MM to get my mind off of things, so please,
if you or Brell knows the sequence of doors to open, please let me know.  My mind can't handle focusing & puzzles these days, but I really do want to get to ALL the rooms and finish this mansion.  It's become sort of an obsession.

Also, where can I pick up a lantern in the upper part (beginning) of the mansion, bcos once Jack goes down any poles, he can't get back up there once he collects a lantern at the lower levels.
« Last Edit: 10.01.2015 at 23:18:35 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #8 - 11.01.2015 at 18:59:22

Missy wrote on 10.01.2015 at 19:29:03:
Aside from that, there is still a Jack Stuck as described above.

Missy, there is no jack-stuck anywhere in this mansion.  I have played it at least a dozen of times.  Freddy is one of the very best mansion builders IMO and he took very good care of his mansions.

However, this is a hard mansion with a few even harder twists, like how to get the keys in the above room.  Remember:  Freddy never used any decoration in his mansions except for clues, like the blue bird in the above room, which gave a hint about the ledge you discovered.  He also almost never gave the player any shields.

You will get a lantern much later in this mansion, just be patient.

Regarding the door puzzles, take a very good look at the rooms of both sides of the door puzzle room to figure out which 4 doors to open next.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #9 - 11.01.2015 at 19:03:37

That may be so Brell, but you forget, I'm a Great mansion beta tester and yes,
there is in fact a Jack Stuck in the place that I mentioned!

As for the door puzzles, I'm luck if I figure out what I have to do next in my every day life, so please, give me a far better hint than that.  I'm playing MM to decrease my stress level, not increase it.  lololol   I really need a break here....please.

Missy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print