Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anyone still here? (Read 10077 times)
Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Anyone still here?
16.01.2017 at 15:23:05

Hey Guys,

It has been a long time since I posted anything on here.. so I guess it's about time to change that Smiley

I wonder, is anyone still here? If so, how are you doing / what are you doing these days?
For me, I have recently gone through all of my old files again on the old Mac and porting some of these onto my Macbook which is still running Ok-ish. Seeing all of those good times I had with the game kinda brings me back to the old days, of course only this time I'm speaking/writing english a lot better. Still remembering the time I used google translator or some other translators cause I didn't know how to reply back in english sometimes, and of course it all ended in a very bad english since those translators weren't exactly this good.. but still, I guess most of it went fine.

So, the reason behind changing my nickname to Chippy, (old nickname was Mikee), is actually quite simple, this is the nickname I use for almost every Game, if it's not taken already, since more than about 4 years, so I just wanted to leave this here for those who were wondering why I did that Smiley

Let me know if you are still here, because I kind of miss the old days where this forum was more lively than now. At least I'm glad this forum is still here though :3

crisscross24  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Anyone still here?
Reply #1 - 16.01.2017 at 19:35:04

Hi Chippy! There isn't much going on here sadly. I do get the notifications though. It happens I play MM now and then. Love the mansions. See you soon again!

Rose

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 16.01.2017 at 19:52:06

Hi Chippy, nice to hear from you. I check the forum every day to see if there are any posts. I still play MM1 HD occasionally. I have an old computer which still runs MM2 and the original MM1, so I get on there every once in a while. Not too often, because it's not that convenient to use that computer. I need to set it up in a better place.

Cheers!
Carol

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #3 - 17.01.2017 at 16:01:00

Hey Rose and Semi-Native, it's really nice to hear from you again after all these years. I'm very glad to hear you're still playing MM1 (HD) and MM2. Lately I've gone through some mansions files from MM1 and MM2, a lot of unfinished projects I had on my old Mac and so on.. but it kind of brings me back to the good old time where building a mansion was so much fun Smiley

So I thought about building a new mansion for the game, the only question is should I make it on MM1 or MM2?.. I don't remember building a mansion in MM2 and uploading it here, and sadly MM2 won't work on any Windows system either.. Thinking about making a new mansion in the original MM1 and porting it into HD later on, but I'm not a 100% sure on that..

so, what do you think would be the best choice? ^^

Greetings,
Chippy :3

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 17.01.2017 at 20:32:58

I'd say MM1 would be your best bet. Good luck!

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #5 - 18.01.2017 at 18:28:13

Hi guys! I'm another person who still drops by occasionally.

Chippy (I remember Mikee Smiley ) - the HD page says it runs on XP through Windows 7, if that helps you at all. I've only run HD in Bootcamp/XP, so I don't know if Windows 8 and up will work. But maybe?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 21.01.2017 at 20:14:32

Hi Chippy, make it an MM1 mansion and then port it to MM HD via the Rezycle application.

To play the original MM1 or MM2 one needs to have an old Mac running 10.6.8 or older OS or, like I did, run a 10.6.8 virtual machine via VirtualBox 4.1.2 (must be exactly that version), which can be very slow.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #7 - 27.01.2017 at 16:21:40

Occasionally, I'm here also just to see if there's someone who decided to port the level builder to later OS's. So far no luck... Smiley

I've saved some old macs just in case, and especially for my kids who are getting older (5 and 3 years now) and will probably enjoy playing the "old" game

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

TieDyeEric
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 09.02.2017 at 23:12:05

I still look in occasionally. I never posted much, but I am a big fan of the game. I need to scavenge a computer from the dead pile at work to go backwards so I can play MM2.

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #9 - 22.03.2017 at 16:29:00

It's good so see familiar faces are still around these days Smiley That would be the plan to convert the Mansion from MM1 into MMHD. Luckly I've got an old Macbook which runs on 10.6 so I can have access to both MM1 and MM2 and also MMHD runs on it too. It's just I don't have much free time these days 'cause of my job, but so far I managed to create 30 rooms, but I can't tell when the mansion will be ready to play, working on it as fast as I can.

To have the Mansion Builder on my Windows 10 Computer would be nice too since I normally use Windows now, but that's a dream that most likely will never come true though =/ But at least MMHD works just fine on Win 10.

I've tried with a Virtual Machine on my PC but it didn't work sadly, can't seem to make it work so I gave up on it. But still, I can use my Macbook.. the only bad thing about it, is that it's only a 13" monitor, kind of small to work on, but it still gets the job done.

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print