Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35
Send Topic Print
MM2 - Brave New World (Read 19852 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: MM2 - Brave New World
Reply #40 - 05.02.2023 at 13:36:08

brell wrote on 04.02.2023 at 21:36:35:
... Used the multicolored key in the other blue room at the far left end of the mansion.  Never found a key for the red door on the other far right end.

... There are no special remarks now, just that I find some rooms/areas close to hard.

... Missed an obvious gold coin in the room with two scorpions, one spider and an interesting ladderjump.

1. That is why I 'ordered' you to start in that specific gate that leads to the red door.
Wink

2. Yesterday I was very busy with downgrading things. Soon I post the upgrade with the downgrades.
Cool

3. Yes yes: the room with gold blocks, two candles and three vines.
Grin
That is one of the many rooms that is already changed right. The jump from the left candle to the right is normal now, the upper coin is in a much easier position and a third scorpion is re-added, without making it hard I hope. Previously there was no middle vine what made it very hard.
Shocked

Afbeelding_1_008.png (120 KB | 22 )
Afbeelding_1_008.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #41 - 05.02.2023 at 20:21:18

Enclosed is version 010 of 'MM2 - BNW betatesting'.
Edited: for a currently unknown reason I can't upload this version with this post. It keeps on adding an older version. Pfff. I'll try to do it with a seperate post.

What did change?

PURPLE AREA
16300 -> removed the most annoying bird of the two
16301 -> added a background / made three jumps easier
15701 -> moved the lever to a safer place
16500 -> made the room purple

TRANSIT ZONE 1
Completely redesigned (see image) / three maps to show you the way / all gates open / four shields / less and more normal enemies / some money / exposing gold-silver in all six rooms
I still have my doubts about:
- the necessity of Elizabeth at the middle save pedestal
- the red kite in the middle upper room (too hard?)

BLUE AREA (with only one part finished)
I chose gate number 9 and opened a yellow door
17099 -> expansion
16698 -> finalized
17302 -> rearranged
17303 -> rearranged
17101 -> added a 4th saving point
In 16498 I detected that when Jack dies after pulling the lever with the green knot, lucky me, he reappears in the lower right (!) corner and is able to continue.

TRANSIT ZONE 2
17301 -> added / introducing a first MM2-enemy
Wink

MONEY
Perfect play leads to $ 13.350 (and no loss of six lives like in my case)

SECRETS
A lot to say about ...
Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: 07.02.2023 at 01:15:08 by Freddy »  

Afbeelding_3_004.png (167 KB | 21 )
Afbeelding_3_004.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #42 - 07.02.2023 at 01:16:53

Posting the correct zip-file for the 10th version of MM2 - BNW betatesting.

Or not ???   Shocked  Is it possible that it is the new file, but with the old name? Realy? The size (282 kb) is the size of version 10, not of version 9 ...

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #43 - 08.02.2023 at 19:27:42

The zip file downloaded as MM2-BNW_betatesting and opened my save correctly.  However, since you made some changes in the first area, i decided to begin at the beginning once again.

I have already:
Finished the purple section.  Liked the changes

Finished transit zone I, using the multicolor key on the blue door in the scorpions room, got the yellow key and finished the section where you get the purple key.  Now I am going to use that key to get a red key (if I rememeber correctly) and go on from there, checking whether I can get all the keys in the blue rooms surrounding the transit zone I.

After that I will try another approach, beginning by going down the long ladder from the first transit zone room and use the multicolor key down there and see where that leads me.

This will take some time.

Enemies in transit zone I are easier now but not too easy.

More rapport later.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #44 - 09.02.2023 at 20:20:02

OK, used the purple key to get the red key in #17000 but:

If I use the purple key in 17000 and get the red key, then I have to go back (backtrack) all the way to 16498 to change back to gold bricks.  But I cannot go back from 16498, the only way is to move on back to 16499 and from there to 16501 but to do that I have to change back to silver bricks.  Not quite a Jack-stuck but …
I am going to try the long ladder down to #17000 next.

16100 What if Jack does not pull the right lever?  He will have a lot of baktracking

16301 Background good and in consistence with the rooms above.  Jump changes good

17101 Tried a ladderjump (silver bricks off) but Jack died.  Should have noticed it was 7 bricks high.

16499 Why is the left trapdoor needed?

16900 Shield is out of reach

16899 It is possible to reach the upper right ladder with gold bricks on, using a squirrel jump

16901 Elizabeth is very annoying

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #45 - 09.02.2023 at 22:09:22

Thanks, brell !

I will have a lot to do.  Smiley

For now I think I can assure you that your Jack is following an exhausting route. There is an alternative ...
Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #46 - 10.02.2023 at 03:17:46

brell wrote on 09.02.2023 at 20:20:02:
16100 What if Jack does not pull the right lever?  He will have a lot of baktracking

16301 Background good and in consistence with the rooms above.  Jump changes good

17101 Tried a ladderjump (silver bricks off) but Jack died.  Should have noticed it was 7 bricks high.

16499 Why is the left trapdoor needed?

16900 Shield is out of reach

16899 It is possible to reach the upper right ladder with gold bricks on, using a squirrel jump

16901 Elizabeth is very annoying

16100 If Midnight Mansion was Soccer then the VAR would say: clear error by the gamer.
Wink
Two levers, each for one of the grey doors. But the backtracking-penalty is not in proportion to the mistake, so I fixed it. See image 1. And will be seen in next update.
Cool

17101 That was supposed to be. No passing through with the silver blocks off.

16499 Oops. Was a leftover from the start of the designing. And since then I always pulled the lever, opened the trap door and jumped over the gap!?!!?
Fixed. See image 2.

16900 Sorry, it is within reach.

16899 I am grateful for reporting this issue. Fixed, but I prefer to make a better change as soon as I have enough time to do that.

16901 Elizabeth changed of gender! See image 3. You may call her/him Arthur. While Elizabeth was not really dangerous, she was indeed disturbing in a stubborn way. Arthur is more energetic and one to deal with. But only once!
Cool

If I use the purple key in 17000 and get the red key, then I have to go back (backtrack) all the way to 16498 to change back to gold bricks.  But I cannot go back from 16498, the only way is to move on back to 16499 and from there to 16501 but to do that I have to change back to silver bricks.  Not quite a Jack-stuck but …

My first reaction may be wrong. I can't know yet. It is best if you may clarify something for me. There is no room 17000. So in which rooms did you use the purple and tried to use the red key?
« Last Edit: 10.02.2023 at 15:50:34 by Freddy »  

Afbeelding_1_009.png (79 KB | 18 )
Afbeelding_1_009.png
Afbeelding_2_007.png (93 KB | 13 )
Afbeelding_2_007.png
Afbeelding_3_005.png (215 KB | 19 )
Afbeelding_3_005.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #47 - 10.02.2023 at 14:42:36

Freddy wrote on 05.02.2023 at 20:21:18:
... In 16498 I detected that when Jack dies after pulling the lever with the green knot, lucky me, he reappears in the lower right (!) corner and is able to continue. ...

Last night I was suddenly very worried about this dark room, because I realized that if you know the way in there, it is possible to struggle through this room all in the dark. And then, when Jack changes the blocks from silver into gold and afterwards dies ... he reappears in the lower LEFT corner.

But lucky me it also didn't matter. Jack may continue as always.
Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #48 - 10.02.2023 at 15:52:10

Please have a look at the attachment about attachments.
Grin

My yesterday evening's post had three attached pictures. On my computer the filenames were: Afbeelding 1, Afbeelding 2 and Afbeelding 3. That means that all added underscores en numbers were made by the application from our boards.

My own logica tells me that it may have to do with previous posted files that has the same filenames.

And that probably explains the 'look' of the recently posted zipfile. Let's hope that it will never give problems with e.g. savings.
« Last Edit: 10.02.2023 at 17:49:29 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #49 - 10.02.2023 at 20:12:58

Freddy wrote on 10.02.2023 at 03:17:46:

My first reaction may be wrong. I can't know yet. It is best if you may clarify something for me. There is no room 17000. So in which rooms did you use the purple and tried to use the red key?

Sorry, I meant room 17100.

In the first attempt after the first save I used the rainbow key on the blue door in the scorpion room and then, after getting the purple key, I used it in room 17100 to get the red key.  This approach leads to a lot of backtracking as the silver bricks are on.  The only way I see is to go down from room 17101 and take the "express" to the start/exit room and go from there to room 11100 (I think) to change to gold bricks again.  But by then Jack will not have any key left.
BTW it is possible to use a bottom ladderjump in 17100 to get over the gold bricks. Is that intended?

In my second attempt I took the long ladder from 15100 down to 17100 and used the rainbow key to get the blue key.  Then I used the transit zone 1 to exchange as many keys as possible, ending with another blue key.  Only then I opened the door in the scorpions room and got the yellow key in the next room to the right (btw the 4 scorpions are too hard to avoid without any shields).  Then I went for the purple key in #15102, finished the transit section and finally went down for the "express" back to "square one".  This is IMO a much better approach but how is the player to know that beforehand?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35
Send Topic Print