Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36
Send Topic Print
MM2 - Brave New World (Read 21325 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: MM2 - Brave New World
Reply #60 - 15.02.2023 at 22:59:43

After getting the purple key I go down as „instructed“ in the movie and use that key to get a red key in 17100. The only place to use it is in room 16704 (as far as I could see) where I get a green key, which I will use in the same room (17100) where I got the red key.  There is also the possibility to use the green key in another room far left but that requires a squirrel jump which I think is not intended and will be fixed.
Now I have a blue key which can only be used in room 17101 to get a yellow key which will be used in 16904 to get a purple key.  Next in line is room 17099 for a red key which is used in 16503 for a green key.
Finally I get a blue key in 16697.

The only flaw I can see is the possibility of a squirrel jump in 16899 with the gold bricks on, thus getting the key in 16697 before the blue key in 17100.  I don’t know yet whether that would cause any complications. Actually I don't think so as the player can always go down to the fourth save and on from there with a key of any color.

But now the gold bricks are on so I will have to find a place to change back to silver before going to the fourth save.

Finished with only 60% secrets.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #61 - 16.02.2023 at 18:56:06

Lunch time = MMF time.

The user movies tool seems to be created for personal use only. Sharing them feels far to complex.
Cry

Previous weekend I 'worked' many hours at the mansion. But at the end I couldn't post an update because I noticed at least one mistake in a new complicated room that leaded to a JS in the TZ1. I prefer to fix that first. Meanwhile I will check everything you mentioned (ladder jump over blocks is already fixed) and then I end with a thorough control of the whole blue area.

The blue area is still not finished, but the expanding now has to wait till I am sure that everything that is in the mansion right now, works like it has to be.

I will also have a look to the secrets. Maybe I can figure out which are to subtle hinted.
Wink

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #62 - 16.02.2023 at 20:36:27

OK.  Found room 17299 and the way to the room to the left of the starting room so I am up to 80% secrets.

In 17299,  if Jack dies with silver blocks on he reappears in the top left corner and has to backtrack a lot to change back to gold blocks.  See attachment.  Here my Jack used the lever at the bottom to change to silver blocks and the skullspider fell down and killed him.

Tried again and found room 17103.  Not obvious IMO.  I guess I have 100% secrets now?

Picture_7_002.png (143 KB | 16 )
Picture_7_002.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #63 - 17.02.2023 at 18:28:49

Thanks for reporting!

I think (= hope) that the fixing will be easy. At the right side I am going to remove the silver blocks top floor and the ladder. The blocks will be replaced by a solid floor and the ladder with a pole.

That means gold when entering ànd leaving the room. And the possibility to go down again to a lever.

Was the entrance of this room hinted enough?

Btw, only when the blue area is finished, in the meaning of not growing anymore, I will finalize the amount of money and shields. Maps should have their info earlier.
« Last Edit: 17.02.2023 at 21:52:35 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #64 - 18.02.2023 at 16:45:57

Good morning everybody! A few minutes ago I started the preparations for version 011 of the beta version for Brave New World. And I am as happy as can be.

I take notes on the boards while working.

16100 This purple room got changes to avoid very large backtracking when Jack should forget to pull the lever for the grey door in the upper left corner.

16700 Info from the map changed.

16701 Speed of the red kite got reduced.
Added a lever.

16702 Corrected the bricks around the gold/silver blocks. And map info changed.

16900 I replaced the annoying slow skull spider by a snake.
Added an extra ladder in the lower right corner.

16901 Map info changed. Elizabeth is, as previously announced, gone. And replaced by an Arthur puzzle. Does this feel like an improvement?

16902 Speed of the red kite is reduced.

BLUE AREA
1. Maps don't have information yet.
2. Amount of money and shields are for later, but feel free to do suggestions.
I am working clockwise and starting in the upper right corner.

16703 Remastered.

16903 Changed.

17102 Added gold/silver info blocks.

17103 Added skull spiders and money.

17101 Left route changed. At the right the way down is not one way any more so if you don't have a key you are able to return.

17501 Is (temporary?!) also two-way.

17100 See image.
This is the complicated room that creates multiple problems that have to be solved.

17299 Solved the silver blocks issue that leaded to a lot of backtracking. As revenge I added a snake.
Wink

16697 Remastered. See image.

16499 Here I did remove a trap door and belonging lever that both were left overs from earlier designing.
I also added bricks under the lever with the green knot to make Jack's jump down more comfortable (see picture). But this has a consequence! At the moment of pulling the lever with the red knot the skull spider may be at the left candle, the right candle or ... on the trap door that gets opened. In that case the skull spider goes down and gets 'frozen' on that brick at the right of Jack. First I thought of adding a shield to 'solve' that problem, but I never liked the idea of forced exchanges with shields to be able to continue. But there is a playing solution for this issue: re-entering the room and the skull spider always reappears on the floor where it was placed in the builder. It is not a perfect situation and that is why I am interested in your opinion, knowing that there is still the option to remove the added bricks again.

The red stuff is for after the break.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #65 - 18.02.2023 at 19:25:56

Freddy wrote on 17.02.2023 at 18:28:49:
Thanks for reporting!

I think (= hope) that the fixing will be easy. At the right side I am going to remove the silver blocks top floor and the ladder. The blocks will be replaced by a solid floor and the ladder with a pole.

That means gold when entering ànd leaving the room. And the possibility to go down again to a lever.

Was the entrance of this room hinted enough?

Yes, obvious when you think of it.

And helped me finding 17103  Wink

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #66 - 18.02.2023 at 19:33:52

Freddy wrote on 18.02.2023 at 16:45:57:
16499 Here I did remove a trap door and belonging lever that both were left overs from earlier designing.
I also added bricks under the lever with the green knot to make Jack's jump down more comfortable (see picture). But this has a consequence! At the moment of pulling the lever with the red knot the skull spider may be at the left candle, the right candle or ... on the trap door that gets opened. In that case the skull spider goes down and gets 'frozen' on that brick at the right of Jack. First I thought of adding a shield to 'solve' that problem, but I never liked the idea of forced exchanges with shields to be able to continue. But there is a playing solution for this issue: re-entering the room and the skull spider always reappears on the floor where it was placed in the builder. It is not a perfect situation and that is why I am interested in your opinion, knowing that there is still the option to remove the added bricks again.

The player can of course leave and re-enter the room to fix this but the simple thing to do is to remove these extra bricks.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #67 - 18.02.2023 at 20:16:51

brell wrote on 18.02.2023 at 19:33:52:
The player can of course leave and re-enter the room to fix this but the simple thing to do is to remove these extra bricks.

After the break I had fresh inspiration. I did force the skull spider to stay on the right solid floor. It feels like the best way to offer smooth normal play.

Meanwhile I did 'revisit' room 17100 and realized something that seems to work. It took six
Exclaim
extra levers, shortening the ladder at the right, adding and removing gold and silver, an extra floor in the upper right corner. And invisible stuff (e.g. in the rooms above and below).
Cool

Now I am ready to do gamma testing
Wink
starting from the first saving point. On February the 10th for the very first (and last) time I succeeded in reaching the pedestal with a perfect score: all money, no lives lost, the six secrets and finally also all four shields. Sooner or later it felt necessary to do that, because I need to be sure that Jack doesn't get in problems with too many shields.

I do hope to post an update soon.
« Last Edit: 18.02.2023 at 21:52:47 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #68 - 18.02.2023 at 20:56:20

brell wrote on 16.02.2023 at 20:36:27:
... Tried again and found room 17103.  Not obvious IMO.  I guess I have 100% secrets now?

Sorry,
brell
. I missed this remark till now. You are right that this is too difficult for a 'normal' mansion. In the next update you may see two hints in the room to the left. Let me now if I also need to add something in the room with the save point as well.

In version 10 were 10 secrets. Does this help for your counting? Btw, in version 11 there will be 11.
Cool

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #69 - 19.02.2023 at 01:09:06

The 11th version of BNW for betatesting is ready. I have the feeling that the structure, not the size, of the blue area is ready. Twice my Jack wandered and jumped through transit zone 1 and that blue area. As far as I know, after every part of the blue area, Jack has always one and only one choice. Besides early going down to transit zone 2.

There is $ 16.000 to gather and 12 secrets. Enjoy!
Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36
Send Topic Print