Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Jack's dilemma (Read 1823 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Jack's dilemma
Reply #10 - 15.05.2023 at 19:59:48

Freddy wrote on 14.05.2023 at 19:10:01:
Again I ended in room 14099, 'stuck' on the top floor. On the pic you see Jack in the upper left corner. climbing a ladder without any destination.

I assume I am still missing something.

I don't understand how you can be stuck.  That ladder is for avoiding the skull spider.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #11 - 08.06.2023 at 02:54:29

Last effort for tonight was directing my Jack again to room 14099 where I did suspend game. Next time I have a try under better sound/noise circumstances.
Grin

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #12 - 09.06.2023 at 03:47:09

It is exactly the same as in Whisky Bar. Why did I have the impression that it was impossible to use the long ladder again to go down?

So step by step I am making progress. I am now in room 14300 testing my ladder jump skills.

On the road I noticed a JS (I think) in room 14099. After getting all money Jack died while searching for the way of progress. After reappearing in the room the grey bat platforms are in the position as shown in picture a. Image b shows what their position is after Jack jumped onto the closest one.

QUESTIONS
1. The 5 yellow keys issue. Continuing without all keys is no problem, but does it make a difference about the amount of money? If so, would you consider a map in advance with the position of those keys?
2. Are there save pedestals in this mansion?

dilemma_14098a.png (92 KB | 23 )
dilemma_14098a.png
dilemma_14098b.png (94 KB | 23 )
dilemma_14098b.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #13 - 09.06.2023 at 18:09:42

Freddy wrote on 09.06.2023 at 03:47:09:
On the road I noticed a JS (I think) in room 14099. After getting all money Jack died while searching for the way of progress. After reappearing in the room the grey bat platforms are in the position as shown in picture a. Image b shows what their position is after Jack jumped onto the closest one.

Actually it is room 14098.  It is not a JS but a half JS as Jack can walk off the platform - but why would go up there again after having finished the room?  Anyway maybe I will move one of the platforms a little.

Freddy wrote on 09.06.2023 at 03:47:09:
QUESTIONS
1. The 5 yellow keys issue. Continuing without all keys is no problem, but does it make a difference about the amount of money? If so, would you consider a map in advance with the position of those keys?
2. Are there save pedestals in this mansion?

1. No difference.
2. Yes  Cool

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #14 - 09.06.2023 at 21:19:17

A necessary update

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #15 - 11.07.2023 at 13:53:24

My Jack got stuck in room 14101.

Pic a. Jack came down with 4 of the 5 yellow keys.

Pic b. Jack opened the first 4 hidden (yellow) doors and pulled the levers to get the moneybags.

Pic c. Jack pulled the last lever to stop the zapper beam. But he was curious about what happened behind the last pilar. So he did not leave the room but retraced his steps. But now he can't go back to the left anymore.

And I am still unsure about how it exactly works.

dilemma_14101_a.png (84 KB | 21 )
dilemma_14101_a.png
dilemma_14101_b.png (84 KB | 20 )
dilemma_14101_b.png
dilemma_14101_c.png (84 KB | 21 )
dilemma_14101_c.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #16 - 11.07.2023 at 22:59:22

Will look into this in September Wink Wink

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #17 - 12.07.2023 at 01:52:13

Smiley
Cool

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #18 - 16.07.2023 at 16:03:48

Freddy wrote on 11.07.2023 at 13:53:24:
And I am still unsure about how it exactly works.

OK.  This trick was unadvertedly discovered by me in The Pirate Invasion and used by you in The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.  It was you that used it first with the key combination.

Feel free to open THGoB in the builder to see how it works  Wink

The reason your Jack cannot move on after he retracks his steps back to the right is that there is one (the last yellow door) door still closed as Jack did not have a key for that door.  And now he cannot reach the lever that helped him "slide" through that door.

I'll look into this in September and try to find a solution to prevent a JS in this situation.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #19 - 30.09.2023 at 23:43:11

brell wrote on 16.07.2023 at 16:03:48:
...  This trick was unadvertedly discovered by me in The Pirate Invasion and used by you in The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.  It was you that used it first with the key combination.

Feel free to open THGoB in the builder to see how it works  Wink

The reason your Jack cannot move on after he retracks his steps back to the right is that there is one (the last yellow door) door still closed as Jack did not have a key for that door.  And now he cannot reach the lever that helped him "slide" through that door.

I'll look into this in September and try to find a solution to prevent a JS in this situation.

It may surprise you that I didn't answer this post yet. Only today I was able to get through the very first grey door puzzle of my own section.
Shocked Roll Eyes Angry

And that was o so necessary because I was in urge for the lantern! With that lantern I understood why I didn't get through the adjacent dark room without any light. From then on things went more smoothly. Arrived at save 1 with 0 lives left.
Embarrassed

See pic 1 from a map and pic 2 with my 2nd saving on the end of my section( with all money found).

Without peeping in the builder I saw the difference between the issue in JD and in HGoB. In the latter there is a way back upwards for picking up forgotten keys.

Afbeelding_1_013.png (104 KB | 16 )
Afbeelding_1_013.png
Afbeelding_2_012.png (162 KB | 16 )
Afbeelding_2_012.png

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print