Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Castle Basano normal - An interesting visit (Read 671 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Castle Basano normal - An interesting visit
15.08.2023 at 23:45:28

Right now my Jack is standing at the exit door of this mansion, ready to finish with $ 31.950 and more than a dozen secrets.

Before I let him do that I like to keep the map of this mansion under my hands to make a review.

The mansion has a small intro outside the castle followed by a gate tower. After a short walk through the rain came the castle with a green lower area, a red upper left zone and a blue upper right section. During play it became clear that Jack had to collect 3 blue keys to open a triple blue door. Two of them could be found in the castle.

So far the mansion felt to me as somewhere between easy and normal. The designer
(is his identity common knowledge?)
must have known that, since there were only a few shields (average of 1 for every 15 rooms).

What could be expected happened: the castle had dungeons. Immediately game became more intense. Not hard, but Jack needed to be more focused. Play got really interesting, especially since this mostly grey section had nearly the size of the castle itself. To keep things 'normal' the designer offered a few signs with safety warnings like 'mind your head in next room'. For the same reason there were more shields and in my opinion enough saving pedestals.

When Jack left the castle through the triple door he had a spare key and a sign with a message like 'Jack will encounter a lot of troubles in the on coming catacombs'. Those troubles I taxed as work between normal and hard. The area was in a lot of brownish variations and together with a very good spread of a limited number of coloured doors and keys it gave an amazing midnight mansion game feeling. And an other spare key!

The finish zone was a lookalike of the intro: small and with an other gate tower.

About the design there I have nearly no remarks for corrections: a few places where money (bags) could be catched early by jumping from below, one single spot where an insane squirrel jump leads to a half Jack-stuck (forced offer of a life) and one room where sinking platforms were half covering torches.

I have a lot of appreciation for all the work that has been done at the backgrounds. I added a picture of one of the blue rooms to illustrate that.

And now back to Jack. 93 % secrets found (so I know how many he did miss). 31 lives lost, really? He needs to be punished with the hard version!

CBn_-_15100.png (172 KB | 20 )
CBn_-_15100.png

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Castle Basano normal - An interesting visit
Reply #1 - 16.08.2023 at 19:09:18

Hi Freddy

I think the designer was Anthony, but I'm not completely sure I'm remembering correctly.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 17.08.2023 at 16:27:11

Hello
semi-native
!

I am so happy that you are still around. Is there any chance that, later this year, you will be playing MM again with an old mac? That would be marvellous news.

brell
and I are having a lot of fun with
MM2 - Brave New World
since the beginning of 2023. The mansion may be finished somewhere in autumn. Since we are 'aged' we take our time.
Wink

In the end I do hope that a few members will be back to give it a try. I have an idea about how to 'mobilize' them, but that is for later. Long before I do anything I surely take contact with all administrators.

Btw, I will never forget that you were the first member that finished
MM1 - Midnight Mazes and Monsters
. Making a serious update of that (too) large mansion will be my second project.

Back to topic. I am planning reviews from two other included normal mansions:
Blackheart Keep
and
Mount Peril
. In general I have the feeling that with the extra MM2-features it is possible to see more different styles of design.

Freddy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 17.08.2023 at 20:48:38

Semi-Native wrote on 16.08.2023 at 19:09:18:
Hi Freddy

I think the designer was Anthony, but I'm not completely sure I'm remembering correctly.

It was Anthony

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 18.08.2023 at 20:11:09

Freddy, as a matter of fact, I did finally clear out the junk around my old Mac and occasionally play MM and MM2. I haven't downloaded the new custom mansions yet, but I'll get around to it.

Thanks for mentioning my Midnight Mazes and Monsters claim to fame.  Grin

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #5 - 19.08.2023 at 18:24:00

Semi-Native wrote on 18.08.2023 at 20:11:09:
Freddy, as a matter of fact, I did finally clear out the junk around my old Mac and occasionally play MM and MM2. I haven't downloaded the new custom mansions yet, but I'll get around to it.

Thanks for mentioning my Midnight Mazes and Monsters claim to fame.  Grin

Take a look at the free up- and downloading board in the general custom mansions area.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #6 - 19.08.2023 at 19:03:19

Yes, I'll do that.  Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 21.08.2023 at 00:01:56

brell wrote on 17.08.2023 at 20:48:38:
It was Anthony

Anthony will have work to do because it is raining inside the castle of Lord Basano!
Grin

CBn_-_15493.png (177 KB | 20 )
CBn_-_15493.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #8 - 21.08.2023 at 00:15:21

brell wrote on 19.08.2023 at 18:24:00:
Take a look at the free up- and downloading board in the general custom mansions area.

There you will find the 2023's stuff:

MM2 - A nightmare for greedy gold hunters
from
brell
where players need to check if it is really impossible to get Jack killed
Shocked

MM2 - Jack's dilemma
also from
brell
where he brings the historical story of the novelties during the designing of all those custom mansions (MM1 and MM2)
Cool

MM2 - Brave new world
from me, which is an open designing-betatesting project where everybody is able to follow the works AND participate to the testings
Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #9 - 21.08.2023 at 19:01:14

Yes, I've seen them but just haven't downloaded them yet. I will do that next time I'm playing MM. Looking forward to it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print